It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Vendyl Jones to uncover the Ark of the Covenant by Aug. 14

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I just have to add one thing, the last mention of the Ark in the Bible, shows it in heaven in Revelation:

The physical ark is in the metaphysical realm of heaven, where immaterial souls reside in perpetuity?

I think that this shows that revelation is to be taken metaphorically and symbolically, not literally.

chaosrain
I have read before that a similar device had been constructed by scientists using the very instructions provided in the Bible. The result was a giant capacitor

I'd like to see an actual citation for that. I don't think any such thing has ever been done. A metal box could in theory work like that, but still, I don't recall anyone ever building the ark and it having such an effect.

What he actually said was that it would be very appropriate IF he could discover the Ark by Tisha B’Av.

Wow, that guys a fraud and a liar. What a joke.

Could this just be a smoke screen date to avoid the riots and possible Holy War this may instigate?

What are you kdding? No, its not. The guy is a fraud. He never had the ark, never even had a clue where it is if its anywhere. He wanted to get in the papers. Now there's a large body of people who have heard this, and, apparently, there are even people, like who, who still beleive that he knows where it is, and he's now guarenteed a body of supporters and funders for his fraudulent, sensationalistic, and unscientific 'research'.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nygdan,

I'm coming into this without any point of reference. Could you direct me to some links or some sort of information that is discrediting this man? You say he is a fake. Please show me proof. Not trying to prove you wrong, just want to see where you are coming from.

Thanks for your input,
Kata

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
How can I had missed this important thread.

This guy is something else, by the way remember to donate to his site for him to keep looking for the ark.

Even such acomplished man needs to eat.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The links above really don't prove anything except:

1. George Lucas and Steven Spielberg claim to not have used him as inspiration towards the movie (so they say). It may have been a coincidence that the two stories were so similar, but George Lucas and Steven Spielberg could also be trying to avoid certain lawsuits that this could spark too.

2. The name came from a dog named "Indiana". Hmmm... were either of the Jones boys dogs. Who cares? That does not even come close to discrediting Vendyl's claims. To be honest none of this movie stuff discredits him at all. You have to admit the similarities are there and this may just be wishful thinking on Vendyl's part. Who wouldn't want to be the inspiration for some of the most memorable movie titles in history?

3. You have two people who claim to have found the ark. Neither of which up to this point can verify or prove they are correct. The second article above seems to me to be a lot of raving about how evil Vendyl Jones is. This is one persons opinion about a man who seems to be very admimate about his claims. The way he goes on and on though, well... it just seems kind of fanatical to me. Just my opinion. Where are the photos that this person took of the ark? Show me the ark and I will stand corrected. For that matter prove to me that Vendyl Jones ever crossed the threshold of this persons front door.

4. He is not an arkhiologist. Well, I never graduated with a programming degree either, but I have programmed several programs. Am I a programmer? Some would say yes and some would say no. I would consider myself a programmer (hobby) just as Vendyl Jones would consider himself an arkhiologist. A professor of programming on the other hand might say I lack the background and basics tought at a university so how could I possibly be a programmer, just as others are saying Vendyl lacks the credentials to obtain licencing to uncover this artifact.

Somebody has a little faith in his ideas:

A credible Torah teacher, who hails from Texas, Jones has represented the Israeli Foreign Minister in a two-year lecture series on college campuses with P.L.O. representatives.

Rabbi Adin Israel Steinsalz, head of the Institute for Talmudic researkh and thought to be the world’s most renowned Talmudic scholar called Jones’ work, "Scientifically valid researkh which may result in important findings for the Jewish people and the world."

One thing to note would be that I have read that he has actually uncovered other artifacts that lead to the ark.

Pin camera ready to roll on Ark of Covenant discovery
by Judi McLeod, Canada Free Press.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Non-believers may be interested to know that Jones has already discovered some of the holy items associated with the ark.

Are these claims false? Are there photos of these supposed artifacts? If he has in fact found these artifacts how can you dismiss these claims so easily?

Wyatt said he had some:

Photographic evidence was obtained, and then the site was covered back over with 12 feet of dirt and a garden established. Wyatt says it was landscaped to avoid controversy. The entrance to the system of caves and tunnels, found by the Wyatt team in the cliff wall was also sealed over.

Avoid contreversy????? Where are the photos? Anyone know where I can see some of these photos that Wyatt took? Oh, thats right it was a secret... Seems kind of convenient to me. At least Vendyl claims he is going to reveal it in all its splendor.

I'm not saying that he is going to find it or he isn't. I am asking for some substantial information to discredit Vendyl.

And Nygdan, the reason I was asking about the idea of a Holy War is not unwarrented weather or not he actually does find the ark. Some may not want to give him the chance to even try to find it.

Wyatt claimed that he was authorized to make his excavations by the Antiquities Department, but that bureaucrats within that agency insisted that his findings must be kept secret. He was told that Jewish extremists might view the discovery as a sign that it was time to rebuild the ancient Temple in Jerusalem. The Muslim Dome of the Rock now sits on the site that Jewish fundamentalists believe must one day be destroyed and a new Jewish temple built.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Kata]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
These guys just give the facts on the man. They don't add up to someone who will change the world with an amazing find like the Ark.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Ookay.....from what it says at his site:

www.vendyljones.org.il...

he's gonna find the ark, and then have time to squeeze in a Tour of Egypt and Israel in November that you, too can sign up for!! The itinerary includes an emphasis on the route of the tabernacle and the ark of the covenant! Whooee! All that for only about $4,000 each if we can get 20 people up! Who's in?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm not sure when his website was updated, but now it states that "at this time it is obviously not going to happen" due to the lack of funds. The website is asking for contributions. How much could it cost? You would think Israel would be interested enough to provide some sort of funds to uncover such a thing of importance. They could probably ask Bush for it (sorry, had to say it). Unless, Vendyl was stirring things up too much and attention was needed to be diverted away from it?
It also says that Vendyl was misquoted. He wanted to find it by by Tisha B'Av.

www.vendyljones.org.il...

A lot of things are going on in the world today and by coming up with this sort of relic, it could only spawn into more violence in the areas of Israel, Palestine and the rest of the middle east.
It would be pretty heavy to see this thing found and then Sharon orders the rebuilding of the Temple to house it in...

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You mean....

its a ......

bummer.

But some day I do think it will be found...

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Were I am Its the 14th and nothing has happpened to my knowlage, yet.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well, Israel did officailly pull out of Gaza. Related? Probably not, but it iisn't just a coincidence that something did occur on this date.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kongfuey
I'm not sure when his website was updated, but now it states that "at this time it is obviously not going to happen" due to the lack of funds. The website is asking for contributions.

Well that is very telling imo. Another scam for peoples money. :shk:

Prophet Yahweh anyone?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Maybe I'm missing the general gist of this thread, but I happened to notice that today is the 14th of august... Has the Ark been found? Is it available for inspection, etc?

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
Maybe I'm missing the general gist of this thread, but I happened to notice that today is the 14th of august... Has the Ark been found? Is it available for inspection, etc?

Not that anyone knows of, and trusting the post above yours, his website says that they need more money. Kinda sad I was really hoping this guy would pull through.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
Not that anyone knows of, and trusting the post above yours, his website says that they need more money. Kinda sad I was really hoping this guy would pull through.

It's amazing that he can't find enough suckers to fund his fool's errand. I guess they've already maxed out their home equity loans.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Vendyl Jones; owned by the Ark.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Interesting, keep us all updated.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I went to this site

Vendyl Jones

and here is the statement they have produced:

However, Vendyl was slightly, but significantly, misquoted. What he actually said was that it would be very appropriate IF he could discover the Ark by Tisha B’Av. At this time it is obviously not going to happen. However, as soon as the funding permits, he will be in Israel to drill the bore hole and proceed with the dig to uncover the Tabernacle and the Ark. We are hoping that this will be in September.

By the way it was written, it sounds the he is certain that he has found the location of the Tabernacle and the Ark, but merely doesn't posses the correct man power/tools/money to uncover these relics.

Hopes this helps the story cause it is obvious that people are into this topic!

[edit on 15-8-2005 by The_Final]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

By the way it was written, it sounds the he is certain that he has found the location of the Tabernacle and the Ark, but merely doesn't posses the correct man power/tools/money to uncover these relics.

I wonder if he ever heard of planning in advance...

It's a scam. P.T. Barnum would have loved him.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I wonder that they waited until the deadline passed before clarifying that? Perhaps the fund raiser was still going on?

edit: sorry, disregard this, I missed the clarification.

[edit on 8/16/2005 by keybored]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join