It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Jailed for Calling 911 to Complain (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Dorothy Densmore and 86 year old woman from Charlotte N.C. was arrested for calling 911 more than 20 times over a half hour period. Her complaint was that a local pizza parlor would not deliver to her and she wanted them arrested.

www.foxnews.com
Dorothy Densmore was charged with misusing the 911 system, a jail spokeswoman said.

She told dispatchers Sunday that a local pizza shop refused to deliver a pie to her south Charlotte apartment, said Officer Mandy Giannini. She also complained that someone at the shop called her a "crazy old coot," Giannini said.

Densmore wanted them arrested. Instead, police came to arrest her, and she resisted, Giannini said.

When an officer arrived at her apartment, the 5-foot-tall, 98-pound woman attacked him, Giannini said. Densmore scratched him, kicked and bit his hand, she said.

Densmore also is charged with resisting a public officer and two counts of misusing the 911 system, jail records show.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Wow... the little old lady was hungry and wanted a pizza, I wonder why they wouldn't deliver one to her? Has to be more to this story.

At least they didn't use a Taser on her.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well, I have heard of 911 phone lines being busy and people got put on hold. Man that would suck.

she deserved to get arrested for a couple hours...I dont know about any charges..that might be too much....a good scare from the cops will set her straight.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The "rest of the story" is that 911 is an emergency line.

Non-emergency calls are directed elsewhere and while the operators are tolerant of people calling for directions, they will tell them to call a main number. That doesn't get anyone arrested.

They WILL get arrested for prank calls or crank calls. I'm sure that when the dispatcher told her this wasn't life-threatening OR illegal (stores deliver only to certain areas. My stores here in Dallas won't deliver to anyone in Ft. Worth (50 miles away), for example) and then told her to please get off the line, that the lady instead harrangued the operator and then called back TWENTY times to continue arguing with the dispatcher.

She was blocking the line and keeping anyone with a REAL emergency from contacting the police. She's lucky they didn't file on every single call she made.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by Byrd]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
she resisted arrest too... can't you picture it.... a cop being attacked by this little old lady..

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The use of a taser is legally authorized against old folks, young people, and pregnant women in most areas.

Old people do stupid junk all the time, I don't see why this is an ATS news story.

Zip

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It isn't a news story yet, only a submission.... I think that a lot of stories that get "approved" here are not really ATS worthy, most of them really don't even follow guidlines the way they should...

oh well....

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I would say that the lady is very lucky...
they could have tasered here and put here in jail for several weeks...
technically, they could have even shot her, when she went to bite them...(deadly assault/AIDS)

the cops deserve a thank you card from her for being so tolerant, but since she is a bitter old hag, she probably wont be thankful for being treated so fairly considering her outburst.

people do crazy things, and this lady needs to be taught a lesson...
she could have caused a death or crime by tying up those lines...
very very selfish...

if the pizza place doesn't want to deliver to her... guess what? they don't have to... they can refuse service for ANY reason.

And i do see this as worthy of ATS, because it is a controversial news article that will get forwarded to many people and help promote the board.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
True Laz... but I'd still like to know why they wouldn't deliver to her.. distance, maybe she places fake orders all the time ??? who knows...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
elevatedone and zipdot -- I am sure the person who submitted this story felt it was ATSNN worthy just as you did when you submitted some of your stories that people may have felt weren't worthy of ATSNN. I know I have felt it about some stories as people have felt it about a few of my stories -- but because you don't think it is a good story doesn't mean it isn't -- so if that is how you feel just vote No -- no need to comment on the thread.

On the story -- maybe the people in the Pizza place were right and she just was "a crazy old coot" I have a member of my family who fits that description to a T (and no it isn't me -- yet
) I do wonder if the dispatcher gave her the non-life threatening number to call or if they just dismissed her also after telling her to stop calling 911.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
They arrest this old kook, but not the Runaway bride???

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
yeah, NYGDAN...
they should have arrested her too though...
or at least slapped a big fine (50,000 or more) on her...
I mean... yeah, we can understand that people wig sometimes...
it is when that wigging is done on the peoples dollar that upsets me.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hope I do this right as I can't get it to quote another post here

Nygdan
They arrest this old kook, but not the Runaway bride???

I just posted something on an update of this in BTS

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

But I agree with the sentiment -- Nygdan -- I think what the Runaway Bride did was worse than what this old lady did.

top topics

join