It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran - Going Nuclear, May 2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Did anyone catch this program on PBS last night?

If the story is true, PBS and Frontline has just given the Bush administration the needed ammunition to strike Iran in regards to its Nuclear program.

I guess time will tell.

Will Iran back off and stop building Nuclear weapons, I doubt it.

This oil rich country says the program is for energy to power industry and to power homes and schools.

If this is true, then Iran needs to come clean or face elimination!

It's nighttime when FRONTLINE/World reporter Paul Kenyon arrives at the Tehran Grand Hotel, where Chris Charlier, a senior U.N. nuclear weapons inspector, is staying. Charlier has been coming here since the Iran nuclear crisis first erupted three years ago, when an Iranian exile group revealed that Iran had a secret nuclear program.

www.pbs.org...

This video article was shown on PBS's Frontline:World on Tue, 052405. It can be viewed online at www.PBS.org the following Monday.

www.pbs.org

You can watch or participate in a Washington Post online Q&A with Frontline/World reporter Paul Kenyon online Wednesday, May 25, at 11 a.m. ET to discuss his report on Iran's nuclear program.

Submit your questions and comments before or during the discussion.

discuss.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Iran has "come clean" and stated over and over again that they are not making nuclear weapons. The IAEA has found absolutely no evidence of such a program and has inspected many sites, having been given open-access by Iran.
Yet, the Bush administration hawks still proclaim that Iran is developing a nuclear arsenal, without having to provide any evidence whatsoever.
Iraq was told to provide evidence that it didn't have WMD programs or weapons, now they are doing the same with Iran. If Iran says they don't have them then the US Hawks say "we don't believe you".
Iran is in a no-win situation, whatever they say the US will say different, based no doubt on witness testimony from classified sources

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If Iran has come "clean" then why does she not open her books and allow UN Inspectors to check out the sites of interest.

Its very simple, allow the UN to inspect or expect a military strike on the nuclear sites.

In the Frontline story, the IAEA has not been allowed to search these sites of interest. So who do I beleive, you and Iran or PBS and Frontline?

Hmmmm

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Good point, how can the IAEA be sure of anything if they cant get access to the site? I personally think israel needs to get off its dead ass and strike these sites.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Did anyone catch this program on PBS last night?

If the story is true, PBS and Frontline has just given the Bush administration the needed ammunition to strike Iran in regards to its Nuclear program.

Do you realize how ridiculous this is? Bush using a public TV channel as a strategic intelligence source to plan a major war?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"Do you realize how ridiculous this is? Bush using a public TV channel as a strategic intelligence source to plan a major war?"

Thanks Aelita , I was wondering if anyone would catch this.

PBS is very left of center, its the Democrats voice on the public airwaves.

Somethings up! PBS and the Demo's would not allow this to air on their baby if they were not in agreement on this topic.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

If Iran has come "clean" then why does she not open her books and allow UN Inspectors to check out the sites of interest.

Its very simple, allow the UN to inspect or expect a military strike on the nuclear sites.

In the Frontline story, the IAEA has not been allowed to search these sites of interest. So who do I beleive, you and Iran or PBS and Frontline?

Hmmmm

So would the US allow UN investigators inside ITS bases?
Would the US allow UN investigators inside area 51?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

PBS is very left of center, its the Democrats voice on the public airwaves.

Somethings up! PBS and the Demo's would not allow this to air on their baby if they were not in agreement on this topic.

I don't get it how being left or right should affect one's position on Iran. Such position should be based on hard facts and reliable intelligence and not a political tilt. I'm not "left" by any measure but I'm against the Iraq war exactly because it was resources spent the wrong way, not because I'm against all wars under any conditions.

top topics

join