It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military to Build Four Giant New Bases in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by Aelita
1) Speaking of terrorists driving trucks through the gate, they could also hijack a plane nearby and fly it into the base.

Can't happen. We control the air over Iraq.

Well I thought that Iraq was going to be a sovereign country after all. We gave them freedom, at a dear cost, didn't we?

If we consider Iraq a US colony, than the whole point of this discussion is moot. Let's get on with building the bases.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

1) Speaking of terrorists driving trucks through the gate, they could also hijack a plane nearby and fly it into the base.

Can't happen. We control the air over Iraq.

Well I thought that Iraq was going to be a sovereign country after all. We gave them freedom, at a dear cost, didn't we?

If we consider Iraq a US colony, than the whole point of this discussion is moot. Let's get on with building the bases.

people consider Saudi Arabia as America's colony but American troops left, i wonder why?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
consider Saudi Arabia as America's colony but American troops left, i wonder why?

People are wrong (as they often are). Arabia is nothing close to an American colony. Moreover, if you read serious analyses of 9/11 and OBL, one of the motivation for the attacks was to reduce American presence in the ME and in SA in particular.

The reason they left was because their presense there was highly unpopular and a rallying point of people against the regime.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
if insurgents keep attacking the civilians its going to be sort of like a game between two teams with a biased referee dont you think

The eternal wet dream of the military industrial complex and international bankers. It's called.. the grand chessboard.

We, the people, fall for it everytime.

YEP YEP !

And if anyone needs weapons just drop by the nearest base for a quick reload, government army to the front door, insurgents to the back door

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Moreover, if you read serious analyses of 9/11 and OBL, one of the motivation for the attacks was to reduce American presence in the ME and in SA in particular.

The reason they left was because their presense there was highly unpopular and a rallying point of people against the regime.

the reason they left is because Iraq threat was eliminated. the terrorist attacks has been goin on for over a decade but we chose to leave. in any case i doubt blowing up Budda statues in Afghanistan is gonna persuade America to pull troops out of Saudia Arabia.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
As long as we had Iraq contained (No-fly zones, etc.), Iraq was no threat.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure we still have some troops in Saudi (King Khalid Military City). No where near on the scale that we had through the '90's, tho.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join