It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP and "The Core"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I haven't seen this movie yet (The Core), but it does seem to have some connection.

MOVIE:

Gov creates a 'weapon' that attacks enemies with earthquakes.

Weapon causes electrical storms and other unforseen side effects.

Earth's core stops spinning (Which I think is a bunch of BS... how the heck would that ever happen?) And since it stops spinning... this apparently makes more storms and stff.

REALITY:

Gov creates a device that seems to have the capacity to attack enemies with earthquakes.

This device seems more than capable of causing storms and almost certainly (from what I've read on this site) exhibits evidence of other unforseen side effects.

I don't think the earth's core has stopped spinning yet... mostly becuase that just seems like a stupid plot enhancement for the gullible movie-goers.

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPY!

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
You're probably right.

I'm sure the government has some Top Secret project hidden under some mountain or desert devoted to the creation, control, manipulation, and prevention of earthquakes.

I seriously doubt the Earth would stop spinning. If anything, I believe it would begin to spin faster and go into overspin and eject part of it out into orbit. That's what I've thought of,
How was the moon formed?

Just wait until Dragonrider finds this thread

Great idea,
Tassadar

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
yea i mentioned this in seismic thread a while back when i found out abit the movie, i also dl it but neva got to watch it lol

i think its just mocking ppl believing in HARRP

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It's a terrible movie. I dl it and suffered through it. It really is not like a HAARP device, but they stole the effects that HAARP creates. As for the Earth's core stopping spinning, not very likely. As for the Earth's rotation speeding up...I don't see how we could possibly speed the rotation. Finally, the moon is not a piece of the eath that wass ejected. This is a ludacrous notion and has absolutely no basis. The composition of the moon is nothing like Earth, it ahs none of the mineral resources earth has.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Are you talking about 'Core' and not 'Deep Core'

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
We're talking about "The Core" you can find it here www.thecoremovie.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
cheers.

It's just in Deep Core they have some sort of laser drilling device which destablises the earth's mantle and all the tectonic plates start moving. They then drill down and set of a load of nukes along the faultline to stabilse the plates .......

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
same sort of story line, the weapon stops the mantle core from spinning, crazy Americans drill down to the core and detonate several nuclear explosions to get it spinning again.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Ain't it funny how we crazy Americans use nukes to solve almost anything? Hey, I had a pickle jar lid stuck the other day and found myself wonder what mega-ton I might use to dislodge it. Be it the Earth's stubborn core or one of those pesky asteroids it seems the nuke is an all around magic bullet. Hey, what if we made atomic duct tape?...now, there is an idea!!

You scream for no nukes now...but just wait until the next time a huge prehistoric beast walks out of the ocean breathing fire!! You'll be glad to see old Mr. Mushroom then huh?

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Couldn't we just sit down and chat to said beast

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Man, that's the worst movie and the most unbelievable concept to come out of Hollywood recently... well, until the movie Gigli.

Phil Plait said it best (be sure to read the section on the core stoppage):
www.badastronomy.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thank you Byrd, I really enjoyed the Bad Astronomy link. The movie really is preposterous. Don't bother seeing it.

And yes we could just sit down and talk to said beast. ..there is no need to kill everything that is bigger and stronger than we are!

[Edited on 7-8-2003 by Lukefj]

top topics

join