It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Any FFVII Fan will know that there's a sequal movie coming out called Final Fantasy Advent Children.

Soon PS3 will be released and there's something on everyones mind:
"Will there be a Final Fantasy released on it?"

Well you'll be pleased to learn that there will be a remake of Final Fantasy 7.
I'm not entirely sure as to when, as there is extremely little information yet.

For more information, all I can tell you is to search google for
"Final Fantasy 7 Tech Demo".

Personally, I will buy a PS3 JUST for it!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Oooooooh Jooooooy!!!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I would much rather them re-make FF6( thats 3 in N.America )

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
ALRIGHT! Love FF7, why I have a PS2, can still play FF7. Beat Emerald, beat Ruby, hell, I've beaten Sephiroth, but it is fun! So, now it will have FFX graphics, but better?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Wasn't Square also supposed to make a movie based on FF7 as well with the same subtitle? Or is this it? I'm confused now.. goddam SquareSoft and thier confusing sequel system.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
GO ff8 i think that was by far the best ff ever. i think they should make a remake of it. ive been stuck on ff7 for ever. i finally gave up still have the memory card and stuff but could never get out. anyway i liked it but i think ff8 has a better line. my cusion which works on a nuke plant in las vegas came here and lived with us when he was working on one here. he had ff8 and palyed it everynight so i was down stairs watching him and finally i got hooked.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
FF8 was great, but you were on the good guy side.* Love the card game though. BTW, I've beaten FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, and never played FFXI, and been playing FFX2, but dang it, wanna play blitzball, and not the style they use, but the style they used in FFX!

*I mean, in FF7 you were the underdog, the corporation was loved by the people. In FFX you were first loved by the people, but then the people hated you and you were a "bad" guy, until you killed Sin/Yevon.

BTW, where you been baldy? Haven't seen you in a long time.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
don't bother trying to find it on google just follow this link to see the video:

www.gamespot.com...

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Blech...FF7 is one of the lower FF games IMO. I think it is overrated, overblown, and just outright stupid. Why? Look at the two games on either side of it.

FF6 is the reason why FF7, FF8, etc were made. This game had the best storyline out of the series. It had great graphics for its time. It was a rather expansive game for so little space. The final battle is still one of my favorites out the FF series. The characters were great. The villains were great. The baddies designs were outstanding. The mechanics of the game were perfected. (Play FF5) This game is the real deal. And is much better than FF7 in almost every aspect outside of graphics.

Hell, I will even attack FF7's graphics too. They were grainy and many times left me wondering what I was looking at. The only plus that they have over FF6 was the CGI cutscenes. I admit it was pretty cool to see the Weapon's awakening.

Then FF8 came out and showed the true power of the PS. The graphics and images were much better than that of the FF7. The CGI was much better. The story was a big improvement. They had a very indepth and involved stat system. (Drawback and a plus) The GF system was pretty neat. It had a small glitch that was easy to exploit. (Squall never got out of the yellow.)

But they won't have the remake that FF6 deserves. And that depresses me. Oh well, I still have my copy of Anthologies and Chronicles for PS.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There we go, beat FFX2. There, all FF on PS/PS2 beaten! Well, except XI, but that sucks cause it is online only, and hate playing online, people cheat with online and think they so great cause they own anyone who doesn't cheat.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Gotta agree with you on online gaming...blech...

Technically, you haven't beat them all...yet.

FFA, FFC, and FFO are all titles for PS. They hold FF1, FF2, FF4, FF5, FF6, and Chrono Cross.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
No one sells those, I mean, Allied, VC, Best Buy, no one sells them, so don't count. If I can't buy it, can't play it, can't beat it.

Also, it is cool with FFX2, there are I think 4 different endings. One really bad one is where you LOSE! and the planet is destroyed, I think.(I didn't lose) One is where you joined the Youth Legion ending, one is you joined New Yevon ending, and one is the perfect ending.(where you complete 100% of the story, only possible if you join the Youth League and do all the small little things you never would have thought, like hitting x after you beat vegnagun when in the feild to call Tidus, and stuff like that)

I know, no life, it would have taken me less then 20 hours to beat it, but wanted to get the 100% perfect ending, so I took forever. It was worth it. Although, it hints at making FFX a trilogy, in one side scene you need to do to get 100% Yuna tells Rikku "Soon you will tell YOUR story." after Rikku was complaining about how everyone like Lulu, Wakka, Yuna, and so forth had changed and matured.

IDK why you hate FF7, FF9 was the worst. FF7 was the first attempt at 3d, and the storyline, materia, summoning ways, all that was cool. But FF9 sucked, hated the whole damn monkey tail thing. The storyline was horrible, and the secondary bad ass was weak. I mean, Ruby was hard to kill in FF7, and Omega Weapon was really freaking hard to kill in FF8, but the guy in FF9 was basically "Doink, it's dead". It was harder to reach it then kill it.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I probably don't hate it as much as I claim. But there are a few reasons...

- I thought the storyline was not that great. Many of the "twists" in it seemed like they did it just to do it.

- I know that they could have done a little bit better on the graphics. There are many points in the game where I had to question what I was looking at. I think they maybe should have waited for a complete shift to 3-D.

- It completely stole the thunder from FF6, the true shining gem of Final Fantasy. Only thing that holds it back is the graphics.

- The big sidequest in the game gives you the most over-powered thing ever. Perhaps they should have went with a cooler thing than an over-powered thing. (After all, it would have fit the groove just right for the game.)

- I also believe it to be a game that was trying to be too cool and less worried about the game. It was more style than bulk. IMO. (This is something FFX2 is definitley guilty of.)

I agree with you on 9. That one was the unflushable turd...right along FF2. But FF7 would have only gone to the third "worst" spot. I put quotations only because you are still playing a FF game. It is like receiving the worst sex ever...it is still sex.

9, I quit before I beat it. I think the last guy I beat was Hades. (Which from what I read was very near the end.) If his name wasn't Hades, it was the guy that you beat and he will make items for you.

And as far as finding those titles, do you have a Funcoland, GameStop, EB, etc? Cause those are the places that are most likely to have it...that's where I bought all of mine.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yes, I was just reading about this the other day...
I can't wait!!!!!.

FFVII is probably my favorite game of all time, so I'm looking forward to this.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
ff7 is not being remade the video was just something to show off the power of ps3.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Really? Why the trailers then...

www.apple.com...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
According to www.gamespot.com it's being remade.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
According to www.gamespot.com it's being remade.

Not exactly.....

The speculation now revolves around whether or not the "Technical Demo" of FFVII intimates that there will actually be a full remake of the game for the PS3, which is something that fans of Final Fantasy have been begging for for years. Final Fantasy VII is still arguably the most well-regarded of the Final Fantasy games, and speculation has been mounting about whether or not Square might attempt to cash in on that popularity by issuing a remake. Considering that this is a company that's announced at least three other games, as well as an all-CGI movie, based on the characters and storyline of FFVII, we can't rule anything out at the moment. Square didn't state anything for certain at the press conference, but we will of course have more details as they come along.

Final Fantasy VII Tech Demo E3 2005 Impressions

It's still up in the air....So far it's the subject of the power of the PS3 and a new FF movie...No other news so far....

[edit on 5/31/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Oh, never mind then, I could of sworn they stated that they were remaking it. Well, even so, those graphics are amazing, and I certainly hope they do remake it.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
Oh, never mind then, I could of sworn they stated that they were remaking it. Well, even so, those graphics are amazing, and I certainly hope they do remake it.

I would much rather them Remake FF6 it was a much better game the 7 IMHO

top topics

<<   2 >>

join