It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Changing Shape ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I've seen the moon change shape in a symetrical pattern. Weird #, I wasn't high or anything.
In fact, my mom brought it to my attention so I know I wasn't dreaming.

It was 2 am. My mom woke me told me to look at the sky.
At first it looked like a huge flame in the sky because of the shape and movement. It was even yellow.
But noticed the shape was moving symmetrically left and right. It had no resemblance to the moon at all.
The first thing that popped in my head was Moses during the exodus following the flame. lol,,,
Anyways, after 5 mins of watching it through the window i decided to go outside. I stepped out and looked up and it was gone.
All i saw was the clear night sky. No clouds, the stars were shining bright. when i stepped back in, it was there again. 2 mins after watching it again, trying to figure out wtf it was, i went and got the camera.
From inside the house, i turned on the cam and tried to focus on the object.
To my surprised when I zoomed in i saw the moon. perfectly round, white, not in motion, nothing out of the ordinary.
I stayed there for 10-15 mins waiting for it to change again but nothing happened so i went to sleep.
I'm absolutely postive that I saw what I saw. My mom, the biggest supernatural skeptic in the world, even saw it and was there the whole time.
I searched the net to try to find out why it did what it did, but i didn't find anything.
Has anyone heard of anything like this? or have an explaination to the weird phenomenom i witnessed?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Wow, what an interesting story..
Maybe we can help solve it?

What day was it?
Approximately where on the planet are you located?

[edit on 25-5-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Wow, what an interesting story..
Maybe we can help solve it?

What day was it?
Approximately where on the planet are you located?

[edit on 25-5-2005 by spacedoubt]

This actually happend a couple months ago...
but i was browsing this site today when I thought about this again and decided to post it...
Im located in south Europe...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The first thing that sprung to my mind, and please bare in mind, that it's hard for me to picture exactly what you saw, was that perhaps if you could only see the moon in this form while looking out through your window, that perhaps it was distorted by something such as a heater below the window maybe? You know , the hot air rippling in front of it. I may be way off track here, and i guess that being in southern europe, you wouldn't have a heater going this time of year anyway, and I guess the effect wouldn't be symetrical either, so it was probably a silly idea anyway, but I thought I'd put it forward if only to discount it

[edit on 25-5-2005 by pantha]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
pantha,

Yeah, I thought something similar as well. Heat ripples in the air.
Or maybe even a sheet of something, like a sheer curtain, or plastic sheet..

Hey Italiano,

If you could try and remember the date, as close as possible..
Also, what phase was the moon? Full moon? Just a cresent?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The moon looked a bit south of where I thought it should be last night. The moon is a few days past full at the moment.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The moon is right where it's supposed to be, folks.

Most of us don't get out and observe the night sky. I do, occasionally (did some last week) and take along a whole buncha charts and other things to figure out what I'm looking at and where things are.

Everything's where it's supposed to be (I use some older printed charts, so there's no "coverup" scenario going on.)

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Sounds to me like you were describing the aurora. Though I'm not sure, since in the city and under moonlight it's pretty hard to see. That's still all I can think of though.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If no one else saw it, then you imagined it or at the very least it didn't happen. I mean, the moon is in a pretty big thing in the sky, people in your part of the world would've noticed the optical effects, not to mention that the whole plant would probably notice the gravity effects, or that the laser device for scientific experiments that is on the moon would've picked it up.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If no one else saw it, then you imagined it or at the very least it didn't happen. I mean, the moon is in a pretty big thing in the sky, people in your part of the world would've noticed the optical effects, not to mention that the whole plant would probably notice the gravity effects, or that the laser device for scientific experiments that is on the moon would've picked it up.

he said his mother pointed it out. that's two people.
if this is a light effect, perhaps caused by a passing gravitational lense, or a 'cloaked' vehicle which refracts light around it, then no one except those in direct line of sight would be able to observe it.
i know those things don't exist to our knowledge, but please keep an open mind when looking for answers to explain the anomolies of the big wide world.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Perhaps it was distorted by a celestial object?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
WE may have solved the mystery for EARTH in general..
But not for Italiano, and mom. While I'm sure it was a localized effect
I'd really like to figure out what was seen.

So Italiano, help me out here. Is there anything else you can remember?
Like how high in the Sky the Moon was..Or again..Was it full, or less than full?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
ok, my theory to this? i and in genral, wouldent the best way to capture a ufo on camera is take pics of the moon all night, i remember my sciene teacher in highschool had a pic of the moon with a 747 right in front of a full moon you could make out every detail he even tracked it to be an air france flight, so why wouldent you beable to do the same thing set up a camera to follow the moon taking pics like every half hour or how ever many you want to take i think it would be a good idea

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Speaking of the moon...

I live in Ontario, Canada and for the life of me I can't remember seeing the moon so often during the day.

Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping a log - but it just seems that the moon is out during the day alot more than it used to?

Does anyone have any insight ???

Thanks!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrubber
Speaking of the moon...

I live in Ontario, Canada and for the life of me I can't remember seeing the moon so often during the day.

Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping a log - but it just seems that the moon is out during the day alot more than it used to?
Thanks!

The phenominon (it's a real one) is called "synchronicity." What it means is you've suddenly become attentive to something and you are very sensitive to its appearance.

Remember, the moon is a planetary body. ANY change in its speed would mean a change in its distance, and a rather extreme one at that. It can't hover in one place like a zeppelin and then suddenly zip off to another part of the world... it's tethered to us by gravitational forces and has to move at a set speed and distance.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
moon was up pretty high in the sky,, It wasnt full moon, it was almost full...
im very positive from what I say, I say it thru multiple windows...
no b*llsh*t...about heaters or w/e... thats weird, that no one could give me an explanation without suggesting that i was/could be wrong ...
we have to find an answer... not to try to find flaws or looking for things to make this look like an illusion...
it wasnt an illusion or w/e... what me & my mom saw was very real...

honestly, i have no idea what the hell it was or doing... ?

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Italiano]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hey Italiano,

Glad you replied again.
I don't think anyone is trying to find a flaw, just eliminate the obvious.

Just by what you told me, I can say that it was not related to an eclipse, or
heat rising from the horizon.

But it was nearly full , and high in the sky, that supports the time frame.

It was yellower than normal, and flickering, but symetrically..
Would you say the flickering was a repetitive pattern too?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
sounds like the aurora borealis to me. I saw one for the first time a couple of years ago. I thought it looked like a flame in the sky too. We had another one a couple of months ago. I live in the middle of the U.S. I am pretty sure that if I can see them, so can you.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
ok, correct me if i'm wrong, but as far as i have learnt in astrophysics class (sounds good, but not all that hard :lol
the reason planets, or cellestial bodies are circular are simply caused by gravity. if a mass of stellar dust was to attract and produce a planet, it will form an almost perfect sphere. let's say we have a magnet under a sheet of paper. this wouldn't work perfect, but its the best thing that could work.

The electromagnet is under the paper and iron filings scattered across the paper randomly. now provide a good amount of power, and the iron filings would almost certainly form a spherical shape. (it won't be a perfect circle, because electromagnetic waves aren't perfectly circle.) The general idea is there, so maybe the moon's a huge alien n its like, got the flu or something

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
my first opionion would have to be reflection from another light in the room maybe or cars passing...

new topics

top topics

join