It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urim and Thummim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Does anyone know anything about the Urim and Thumim ? or Seer Stones ?
I believe that it last existed upon the earth in tha 1820�s and was used as a translation and revelation tool, would anyone know what it looks like, I undertand it is actually a breastplate off some sort ?

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
"The breastplate, called "the breastplate of decision," is of particular interest. This ornament, inlaid with 12 different precious stones, inscribed with the names of the 12 tribes and worn on braided chains of pure gold over the high priest's heart, was central to the process of determining God's will.

On this breastplate were the Urim and Thumim, sacred objects thought to be dice, precious stones or sticks. They may have been inscribed with symbols or letters and were used as instruments of divination. It is thought that the high priest either pulled one die out of its receptacle or that he cast them on the ground to determine a divine prediction, revealed in the form of a "yes" or "no" answer."

The Above is From: www.jewishsf.com...

Also: www.lightplanet.com...
Pictures: www.realmormonhistory.com...

You will most definitely find more about these stones by searching for them on google..

[Edited on 5-8-2003 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thanks, thes site are kewl, but i find this website rather unrealistic www.realmormonhistory.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hey, linx, did you see my blog? This is really weird. I think you posted this while I was updating my blog on the same subject!

Anyway, the link to my blog is in my sig.

I would appreciate any comment you might be able to post to my blog page, as I have not gotten any feedback.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Valhall
I like what you wrote, that is interesting, i will research it some more... if i come up with anythign, i will let you know... thanks for the post.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I somehow believe that the Urim and Tummim is a representation of the two Witnesses of God also represented by the two pillars at the entrance (the courtyard) of the Temple: Boas and Jakin (2Chr 3:15 + Rev 11:3). And two olive trees: (high priest) Josva and (messiah) Serubabel (Zak 3+4 + Rev 11:4).

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

join