It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censor Failure?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Um, SO, I do not have my censors turned off and I do not want to, but in this ATSNN story I am seeing a censored word in Murcielago's post.

I do not know how to contact the 'mod on duty' quickly and privately. We need a button for members called 'get a mod' or something. Panic button?

I know you are working to keep us rated G on the search engines- otherwise I wouldn't bring this up. It certainly doesn't offend me.

Thanks for providing us a pony tank of freedom in an ocean of insecurity.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Maybe censors don't work on that type of ATSNN page. When I logged out and looked at the same story in the ATSNN forum the word in question was censored.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I was logged in when I saw it, DJ.

I'm sure they'll figure it out in the morning. Debugging the code for this board must be an incredible task. Thanks staff.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
What I mean is it appears censors don't work with this link:

www.atsnn.com...

But do with this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I imagine censors were never set up for the atsnn.com display pages.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I would doubt one small word like that would make much of a dent on the rating thingy ma jig.

Besides, it would only be ATSNN that would be blocked

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hmm. This raises fascinating possibilities for future rants. I think I still remember how to cuss like a sailor...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

I do not know how to contact the 'mod on duty' quickly and privately. We need a button for members called 'get a mod' or something. Panic button?

that would be the gripe/help button at the top of your page. The staff that are on the board at any given time , may not always be able to edit posts, as those of us with a moderator title are assigned to just specific forums, only admin and supermods have the ability to take action across the whole board. If you use the gripe button, then your comments go to a forum which all staff can see, so it will be picked up by someone who can help , once they log in

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Chakotay -- the gripe/help button at the top with the light bulb over it is the button you would use -- I've used it for something similar once and it was taken care of pretty quickly -- what I did was put the address of the thread and then say about where it happened so they can find it quickly. I am sure there is a better way to pinpoint it for the mods but that worked for me.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is a known XMB-System bug.

If you type a censored word once, it is censored. If you type a censored word more then once it appears.

top topics

join