It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time traveling possible!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I was reading over John Titor's time traveling experiences and he shows a picture of his time machine? I think it's real because if you think about it, in the future we will have the ability and reason I believe this is because John titor goes all the way back to 2000. No one has been able to prove he's a fake to date. I'd also like to know if any of you know some good sources to read about John Titor's previous transcripts and logs. Thanks

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
time travel is possible, in fact we all are travelling forward in time, and if we travel forward there's really no reason why we couldn't travel backwards.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
So... You see an old car, with a school science lab oscilloscope taped to it, and you think its a "real" time machine??

In that case i am selling...

One second hand Nissan Sunny time machine, low mileage, 200,000,000 years on the clock, recent MOT. Oscilloscope needs more tape/glue to hold it onto the dash board.

£200,000 ONO

No "time" wasters please

Ever seen the film "back to the future" ?? if so i suggest you stop watching it!!!

And please... will someone explane this...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by damasta747
I was reading over John Titor's time traveling experiences and he shows a picture of his time machine? I think it's real because if you think about it, in the future we will have the ability and reason I believe this is because John titor goes all the way back to 2000. No one has been able to prove he's a fake to date. I'd also like to know if any of you know some good sources to read about John Titor's previous transcripts and logs. Thanks

There are a million and one threads about JT. Pretty much all of them have links where you can find all of Titor's posts.
Titor himself proved he was a fake. His mistake was adding dates to his predictions.
Please don't think time travel is possible based on what your read of Titor.

As far as time travel well...
-We know wormholes are useless
-I think it's safe to assume the human boday will not survive traveling faster than the speed of light
-There's no evidence mini blackholes can be used for time travel
-Even if wormholes weren't useless, blackholes could be used, and the human body can go faster than light.....there's nothing on earth right now that can produce enough energy to do any of that long enough for time travel.

So there's pretty much no evidence that time travel is possible.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
heres a link to a site about john titor- enjoy
BTW i dont really believe thats its possible, but i wanted to help anyway!

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I think I've just travelled back in time.

Hasn't JT been debunked already? Can we now nail the coffin please.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The human race will never invent a time machine that allows you to go arbitrarily far into the past. How do I know? Because if it did we would be surrounded by time travelers today.

I find arguments like "yah but they might have noninterference laws" impossible. Once the technology exists for a few hundred years, no-one would be able to enforce such laws. People would abuse the technology, and many of them would spill the beans in order to gain fame. But this hasn't happened.

Why will humans never invent arbitrary time travel? Either we will be destroyed before it happens, or it's not possible.

It might be possible to invent a time machine that can go back a year, or some other amount. If so, we are at least that many years away from developing it.

What seems more probable than actually travelling into the past would be communicating with the past, or possibly observing the past somehow.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
It might be possible to invent a time machine that can go back a year, or some other amount.

If we can travel a year back why wouldn't we be able to travel 1000000 years back?

new topics

top topics

join