It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nintendo revolution to use holograms!!!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Many of you have no knowlede of gaming like the recent electronic entertainment expo(E3) in which 1106 games where shown and also the new playstation3,xbox 360 and the revolution.More info is avalable at
www.gamespot.com

What you dont know is that nintendo is doing a viral marketing campaign.They said that the full specs,games and the revolutionary aspect would be shown at spaceworld later this year but i want you guys to have a look at these 2 videos of nintendo revolution.

nintendoon.com.Its a 12 mb fan video but I doubt it is a fan video as it is done so professionaly and why would a gaming site host a nintendo registered domain.

www.systemwars.com... If using firefox then RIGHT click SAVE LINK TO DISK.

If these is true I am buying the revolution.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by warthog911]

[edit on 25-5-2005 by warthog911]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I think this answers the story.

The video is not real, but some fans probably wish it were.

Taken from IGN

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I heard these gaming systems are going to cost around $400, that's absurd. I'll be happy with my PC and PC games.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You do know that playing with a headset and "walking around" in a game is actualy been around for over a decade or maybe 2 already.

Prices for 3D Headsets are currently still pritty high, but if someone like Nintendo took it upon themselves to popularize them, you could see them take a huge dive and go for 200$ within a year.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
In relation to the Nintendo ~0N clip, the "not real" comment made by IGN simply means that everything is still in the pre-productiony, 3d graphic concept stage thats all. It is a concept that they are looking into.

It was played at E3 this year. they hope to pull it off and if all goes well then let me just take this moment to say OMG!!!!! HUMMENA HUMMENA.....

The tech isnt actually hologram tech, it is "3D overlay". it utilizes a the combination of the motion cam, proximity cam...ah cant b arsed to explain, just watch the flippin trailer... (the Nintendo ~0N bit is about half way through just forward through the rubbish)

[edit on 25-5-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Bottom line is Nintendo classed that particular one as a hoax as at present,

Commerciality forces companies to put out new consoles every 2 or 3 years with the only intent being to erase the limits (set by current consoles) for game developers. This does not allow game developers to let their imagination run wild and delight us (the gamers) with transcendent new games

but they do not rule that tech out for say nintendo.........7????

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think that demo was to wet your appetite, and for them to show you there looking to the future. But no, this tech will not by any means be involved with there next gen gaming console.

They havew said the revelution will be 2 to 3 times more powerful then the gamecube, which will likely still be behind the PS3 and Xbox 360. The "big thing" with this system (the revelution) is that is will be 100% backwards compatable, meaning it will play Revelution games, gamecube games, Nintendo 64, super nintendo, and the ol' regular nintendo...which is very impressive, so right when you buy the console, you have choices for over 1000 games.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
How would backwards compatiblity work with this console since alot of the older game used cartridges :S Unless the new console had some form of interface for each cartridge :|

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by racos
How would backwards compatiblity work with this console since alot of the older game used cartridges :S Unless the new console had some form of interface for each cartridge :|

that wuold be my assumption. But its still to early, it will be at least a month or two before they reveal how they will accomplish this feat.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Unless you can offer me a source saying otherwise, it is only compatable with revolution discs and gamecube discs. There will also be a facility to download old games to play over the net, but they haven;t said if it will cost or not, or exactly which games it will run...

Originally posted by Murcielago
I think that demo was to wet your appetite, and for them to show you there looking to the future. But no, this tech will not by any means be involved with there next gen gaming console.

They havew said the revelution will be 2 to 3 times more powerful then the gamecube, which will likely still be behind the PS3 and Xbox 360. The "big thing" with this system (the revelution) is that is will be 100% backwards compatable, meaning it will play Revelution games, gamecube games, Nintendo 64, super nintendo, and the ol' regular nintendo...which is very impressive, so right when you buy the console, you have choices for over 1000 games.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
i dont play much console games anymore, but back in the day i was all nintendo. then the games started to suck. it peaked around the goldeneye / perfect dark games.

then it was all downhill.

it seems nintendo puts out a console or system every 30 days now.

apc

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

dont play much console games anymore, but back in the day i was all nintendo. then the games started to suck. it peaked around the goldeneye / perfect dark games.

then it was all downhill.

Psh games started sucking after Miner Bob and Asteroids.

Nintendo has always seemed to stay on the front lines of bringing quality gaming to the arena of simulated reality. Remember those little red goggles on a tripod? Those things were AWESOME! They flopped... horribly... but they still rocked. Better than Sega could've done at the time, and Sony was still just toying with the idea of a game console.
Just wait until the Nintendo full action war simulations.. and you thought Duck Hunt was cool!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yes, I'm pretty sure that the Nintendo Revolution doesn't use holographic technology, because that's something that they would of revealed at E3, because it would of been too late for the other systems to try to compete, which they didn't.

I have heard rumors that the controllers are going to be more advanced than any we've seen thusfar, and touchpad-based.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Something like 10-15 years ago I went to DisneyWorld and they had a demo of a game... I believe it was made by Sega. It was some kind of a adventure game, and it was a table shaped machine. The top of the table was glass, and it was projecting some sort of a primitive hologram.

I don't really remember any other details besides that because the line to play it was about 2 hours long and it was a long time ago, but I do remember the premise of hologram video games has been around for a while.

EDIT: Ok a little research goes a long way... here's a link to see the game:
www.hortonaviation.com...

[edit on 5-25-2005 by Djarums]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by T_Jesus
I heard these gaming systems are going to cost around $400, that's absurd. I'll be happy with my PC and PC games.

Dang! Well I will be waiting a long time for the prices to drop when the demand goes down! They just came out with game cube like a few years ago. Also for X box and playstation 2. My family has all three.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dances With Angels

Originally posted by T_Jesus

Dang! Well I will be waiting a long time for the prices to drop when the demand goes down! They just came out with game cube like a few years ago. Also for X box and playstation 2. My family has all three.

the average console life is 5 years.

EDIT: ok, i did a bit of research, and here are the dates of the big 3.

Nintendo----------------------1986
Super Nintendo--------------1991
Nintendo 64------------------1996
Gamecube--------------------2001
Revolution--------------------2006
----------------------------------------
PlayStation One-------------1995
PS2-----------------------------2000
PS3-----------------------------2006
Xbox----------------------------2000
Xbox 360----------------------2005

[edit on 25-5-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
VectorJ - yes, your correct.

cube.ign.com...
Q: What makes the controller so revolutionary then?
A: At E3 2005, Nintendo's executive of vice president of sales and marketing, Reginald Fils-Aime, offered a hint.
"We announced the ability to download and play the best NES games, S-NES games, N64 games, in addition to Revolution games and GameCube games," he said in an IGN/G4 interview. "If you put those controllers all lined up together, they're all very different. So think about what kind of device is going to allow you to play all those different types of games. It's pretty interesting."

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but nintendos system has to appeal to gamers 18+ or else I will no longer support them. I am sick and tired of their games appealing to little kids. Don't get me wrong I have been an avid nintendo fan for 10+ years.... but seeing as I am 22 now I want them to make a game that doesn't involve little caroon characters running around and doing god knows what.

I have a nintendo, super nintendo, nintendo 64, and gamecube. But unless this new "Revolution" is better then the Xbox 360 and the PS3 nintendo will not be getting my support.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
I'm sorry, but nintendos system has to appeal to gamers 18+ or else I will no longer support them. I am sick and tired of their games appealing to little kids. Don't get me wrong I have been an avid nintendo fan for 10+ years.... but seeing as I am 22 now I want them to make a game that doesn't involve little caroon characters running around and doing god knows what.

I have a nintendo, super nintendo, nintendo 64, and gamecube. But unless this new "Revolution" is better then the Xbox 360 and the PS3 nintendo will not be getting my support.

couldn't agree more, I also view them as making a kids console. The gamecubes color when first released was purple...need I say more.

and the revolution will be around the same size as your computers cd-rom tray/slot thing... they said it will be 2-3 times more powerful then the Gamecube...but the PS3 and 360 are way more then 2-3 times more powerful then there predessecors. Nintendo says that there not even competing on the same level as Microsoft and Sony...they say there not focusing on numbers, there focusing on the games...the said that technology doesn't make better games. I think that the only thing that will keep this system afloat will be its "backwards compatability and downloadable old school games"...This looks like the end for nintendo...but its a good way to go out...make your last system connected with all the previous games from the past 2 decades.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Hey i didnt even consider this until my later ponderings

in regard to the Nintendo ON, (yea i know its not real) how unbelievably dangerous would that be, walking around on the street thinking that stuff was aliens and monsters.......walk onto the road and bam! death by mario.

Oh and you'd have to carry the damn thing around and it'd have to have battery life as well if you wanted to go out and about.......i smell lawsuits.

Obviously Nintendo have already figured this all this out, which is why there not pursuing it until they have ironed out all these potential flaws.

sigh.......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join