It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea Does Not Rule Out Pre-Emptive Attack (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
N.Korea continued trying to justify their right to pursue nuclear technology by citing American policy and what they consider aggression. They maintain that N.Korea reserves the right to pre-emptively attack anyone who they see as a threat.

news.yahoo.com
The North poured out anti-American rhetoric — a tactic it has used in the past before entering negotiations — by claiming that Washington's "hostile policies" led it to develop nuclear weapons as a deterrent and warning against any attack to dislodge its leadership.

"The United States should be aware that the choice of a pre-emptive attack is not only theirs," the North's official news agency quoted the state-run newspaper Minju Joson as saying. "To stand against force with force is our unswerving method of response."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I doubt that they would ever pre-emptively attack the U.S., but Japan and S.Korea should be a little concerned. Their comments keep getting more and more aggressive.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Goose Versus Gander

As an American, I think this is a very amusing statement for North Korea to make.

After all, if such a policy is reasonable for the U.S., then why not them?

The logic is persuasive. However, such declarations are not free of cost.

The U.S. is paying the price for its policies. Is North Korea truly willing to pay the price for theirs?

I hear the sound of the piper calling.

Stand ready.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

join