It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood really does have inside information to Alien secrets!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this today...

Have you noticed how all aliens tend to look like in their movies. I am not talking about movies like ET the kids film, or Alien Resurrection. I am talking about their normal movies. How they look like etc... Don't their appearance of the aliens in the movies tend to look very much like the ones people try to describe when they saw them? I mean, either it's real or the person has just seen one too many Hollywood films. Has this ever crossed your minds?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
All I know for sure, is that Stephen Speilberg KNOWS IT ALL, and he has a way for getting around the PTB..
I think it is in big part because they think an Orthodox jew will not be taken siriusly...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by damasta747

Have you noticed how all aliens tend to look like in their movies. I am not talking about movies like ET the kids film, or Alien Resurrection. I am talking about their normal movies. How they look like etc... Don't their appearance of the aliens in the movies tend to look very much like the ones people try to describe when they saw them? I mean, either it's real or the person has just seen one too many Hollywood films. Has this ever crossed your minds?

This is because people watch the movies then use these ideas to explain dreams, halluciantions etc. Just like when you dream it's usually made up of surreal dreamland versions of places you have been in the past.

It's not that's it one too many, just a natural part of the human brain. When you see wierd things, think about this. I can't say I havn't had "abductions" before, but what has come in to get me wasn't aliens, but simply other visions that I find scary, ghosts, shadows or even a copy of myself. Is this an alien doppleganger? Or my subconcoius?

EDIT - LOL!! No, I don't find my apprearance scary, it just scared me to see other me's. I just re-read it and it sounded funny.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by Ksnazdnzon]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hollywood has unknowingly become an ally of the US governments efforts to foster the alien myth. Everytime a green eyed alien appears on the big screen shortly after words people start seeing green eyed aliens and there craft.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

There was an interesting documentary about the Pentagon having a group dedicated to aiding, reviewing and altering Hollywood movies. Basically it focused on the Wars America are and have been involved in and how the Pentagon will change scripts and change history in movies if they show America to not be the winners or the good guys. In return they get carte blanche access to US military for props, video, authenticity etc etc.

If they do it with war, they could do it with Aliens. They wouldn't want a movie coming out that was convincing and led to a panic or worse... exposure!

Phil Strub, the head of the Pentagon's liaison office, recently revealed this criterion for getting approval for a film as "accurate": "Any film that portrays the military as negative is not realistic to us."

"Apocalypse Now" was viewed as "not realistic" because of negative scenes about Vietnam (and its makers were denied any assistance or access), while the producers of the recent film "Windtalkers" yielded to Pentagon demands for script changes. For example, the original script featured a Marine called "the Dentist" who methodically removed the gold in the mouths of dead Japanese — a practice known to have occurred during World War II. The military objected and the scene was eventually removed, as was a scene of a Marine killing a surrendering Japanese soldier.

www.hypocrites.com...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
First Post...so, here it goes: I use to work in the movie world before my back accident. I have done plenty of low-bufget horror and sci-fi films. I tend to have many friends who work in the make-up efx world. When it came to the CE3K movie, the efx people(the Burmans) used abductie accounts to come up with what we call the classic greys (large heads, big black eyes and thin bodies) all pulled off with the help of nine year old actresses who run around a stage. The movie was released in '78 and since then we have seen the classic greys in the media. Anyway, back to my old point. There are still good molds for these Alien heads and appendenges at most of the shops. When a low-budget movie needs an Alien head for cheap they pull out one and give it a different paint job. That's why you see the same old greys again and again.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Hollywood has unknowingly become an ally of the US governments efforts to foster the alien myth. Everytime a green eyed alien appears on the big screen shortly after words people start seeing green eyed aliens and there craft.

I'm not that sure...

I think that people see something because it's there. It is not because it is suggested that people will see things that aren't there...

UFOs movies and documentaries don't create observations that wouldn't have been done without them being aired. To support that, I will tell you this story that happened in France in 1974.

A serie of TV shows in 1973-74 was dedicated to UFOs in France, on the channel 'TF1'. Jean-Claude Bourret, then the evening news presenter on the channel, had in the last of those shows organized a 'night of observation', a national thing, backed with loads of advertising.

Not a single photo, not a single witness has come back of it. He then, quite logically, deducted that sensitizing the public throught TV doesn't end in an increase of testimonies. That night has been well followed by the public, which massively observed the skyes...

There was simply nothing to see, and just waiting for something to see didn't bring it in there!

I must though admit that all these movies and show play a role in the collective unconscious: when something happens, that movie/show comes back from memory and serves as a base for comparison. Because we need something to compare to be able to describe. Describing something totally new is near impossible.

And to support this, just research the net for Julius Obsequens. In antique Rome, he described in his writings how golden and fire shields were having fights in the sky, and similar comparisons. How would you want him to talk about what we call now a flying saucer when nothing then could fly in the sky? No plane was known, no engine was known, no flying machine was known... So they were golden or fire shields...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   

this is because people watch the movies then use these ideas to explain dreams, hallucinations etc. Just like when you dream it's usually made up of surreal dreamland versions of places you have been in the past.

Movies makers are influenced by real experiences people had, not the opposite.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
Movies makers are influenced by real experiences people had, not the opposite.

I'm not trying to knock your statement because I think you are absolutely right. However I would also qualify the statement by saying that in some cases the opposite might be true.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitaI'm not trying to knock your statement because I think you are absolutely right. However I would also qualify the statement by saying that in some cases the opposite might be true.

Of course it can too, but i would say the percentage is insignifiant.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
People aren't influenced by movies and media? Wow, that's the end of that dream... We better call all the studios and let them know.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
I must though admit that all these movies and show play a role in the collective unconscious: when something happens, that movie/show comes back from memory and serves as a base for comparison. Because we need something to compare to be able to describe. Describing something totally new is near impossible.

Exactly if the idea or cover story of the UFO (before the weather ballon story) hadnt been used at Rosewell would people have suspected aliens?

If someone sees a UFO in the sky they may think it is an alien craft even if other logical explanations exsited. It takes more then one TV program to plant ideas in the back of peoples minds. The idea of aliens has been spreac in the last 50 years due to mass media. The alien myth has become apart of American culture.

Take alien abductions for example it is easier to think that person has been abducted rather then considering
the mental state of the person
possible brainwashing or spreading of disinformation.
personal gain.

The alien myth rubs our egos advance alien races visting earth it makes us feel important. When a culture is created by government and Hollywood no amount of logical reasoning will change peoples point of view.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Here's some fun...
www.presidentialufo.com...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

mean, either it's real or the person has just seen one too many Hollywood films. Has this ever crossed your minds?

Actually, the description of aliens from contactees tends to mimic that the depiction of aliens in popular culture at the time. There's definitly been some feedback on the issue. Pop culture make s big headed big eyed aliens, people say 'i saw it', then pop culture makes more aliens conform to what peopel are describing.

I see absoltuely no reason to think that the various people invlolved in the Special FX industries and movie industries have special knowledge about aliens.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I see absoltuely no reason to think that the various people invlolved in the Special FX industries and movie industries have special knowledge about aliens.

I second that!

But be assured this topic will come up at least 100 times more this year...

Sheesh!!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
(...)

Well I see no reason why they should or shouldn't... They are not supposed to be involved...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
For any of the naysayers that deny aliens and ufos existence...
get ready...

the brazilian government and air force just disclosed over 30 years of proof that "unworldy visitors" visit us quite often...
and have craft that defy scientific laws, and are not of this earth...

google brazil ufo disclosure may 22nd 2005

can you say "DOH"?
yep, they are here, just no one knows why...

as to the common version of grays.... it is the cheapest version to buy within budget... so the bargain types are all the same...
you have to look at big productions to see originality...

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Yeah. Sometimes when you have money you build more interesting aliens. I worked on the David Twohy movie: THE ARRIVAL. We purposely tried to come up with a non-grey look to the aliens. We had a modest budget and used some early not great but interesting CGI.

new topics

top topics

join