It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westchester D.A. Pirro Could Challenge Hillary in Senate Race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Looks like the popular Westchester District Attorney Jeanine Pirro (a regular guest on FOX News Channel) could run against Hillary in the upcoming 2006 U.S. Senate race in New York.

When Sen. Hillary Clinton runs for reelection in 2006, her opponent might just be another high-profile attorney from Westchester.

Westchester County District Attorney Jeanine Pirro is considering challenging the former First Lady, according to political insiders.

The GOP crimefighter, who is running for reelection this year, is not publicly discussing plans for higher office.

But Pirro has a dizzying fund-raising schedule and the enthusiastic backing of Gov. Pataki. "We love Jeanine," said a source in Pataki's camp.

NY Daily News

That'd be a good race!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
DJ,

You are right it would be.

It would be great to see how Pirro does in debates when they are not controlled by Rupert Murdoch's money.

I would pay good money to see Hillary wipe the floor with Pirro.

It is almost worth becoming a US citizen and registering to vote in NY.

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Rudy would have lost as well......when it comes to partisanship & being a NYer, it just doesn't float - our pair of Senators ( Shumer/Clinton) are stellar and our AG (Spitzer) is the best in the country, and yes, they are Democrats.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I agree that it would be hard for anyone to beat Hillary in 2006, and that she's actually not that bad of a Senator for New York. I don't like Schumer though.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
DJ,

I have to say the dream contest for 2008 Presidential would be Laura Bush v Hillary Clinton.

Talk about the mother of all battles.

I would be interested in your thoughts on this one and who you would see as the running mates.

Cheers

BHR

[edit on 31-5-2005 by BillHicksRules]

new topics

top topics

join