It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the consequences of Full Disclosure? Old topic. New thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I've often wondered if there would be the mass panic and breakdown that is predicted, after full disclosure and/or a mass public display of ET craft and beings.
Provided there is no aggression on the ET's part. Why do some think the hysteria would begin? I think we are intelligent and rational enough not to go berserk. As long as we aren't attacked.
I get the feeling that most think that other people would get hysterical, but they, themselves would not. If that's the case, then none of us would.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by freddieb]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Im sorry to say but I must disagree. Your talking about full disclosure? There are scientific models of "truth" that have been accepted for over 2000 years. To all of a sudden abandon the idea of evolution and other mainstream religions would cause a huge shift in consiousness that we are just not ready for as humans. The general mainstream population are convinced that this issue is complete nonsense. People dont really think much about such issues, they are more concerned with thier average joe existences. Thier white picket fences, two story houses, church, drugs, sex, security, etc. As a result of this most people are in no position to say weather they are ready for partial disclosure of this subject let alone full disclosure. People love thier closed minds, it gives them security. Mainstream outlets such as television, radio, and newspaper will forever be the legitamate source of truth for the general american population. To look outside this narrow prism would literaly frighten Mr. Average joe half if not full to death. Goverment will continue to offer security to the public in exchange for subserviance and ignorance. Goverment control us through mainstream media and we bite into it hook line and sinker. All in the name of security. The bottom line is, the average joe population (which out number people like those on this forum right now) is not ready for any type of disclosure on this subject. The goverment would never have it? Why do you think they destroyed the hippie movement of the 60's? Because people were thinking ouside the narrow prism which I mentioned above, they were existing without them. We all should strive for disclosure however. A good sugestion would be to donate some money to Steven Greers website: www.disclosureproject.org. Even though we may not be ready, disclosure must happen. Those who are weak minded will have to find other places to go. The technology that would be made available as a result of disclosure is to precious. We need full disclosure!!!

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Being totally redundant...people KNOW the truth when they are confronted with it...we have vast depths of understanding...the truth shines as nothing else.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
We the american people deserve to hear the truth.

But are we ready ? The X-Files song plays in the background.

Unfortunetly I don't believe we are. I also beleive that the govt. refuses to disclose the truth because they themselves are using, researching and playing with this hi-tech gadgetry from our friends.

Someday we will know, But not yet !

Until then, off on my nanotech skateboard !

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quayton_66

We all should strive for disclosure however. A good sugestion would be to donate some money to Steven Greers website: www.disclosureproject.org. Even though we may not be ready, disclosure must happen. Those who are weak minded will have to find other places to go. The technology that would be made available as a result of disclosure is to precious. We need full disclosure!!!

At first I wondered why, if Greer was interested in full disclosure, would he charge for the information. I guess he needs the money.
Now I wonder, if Greer was to get his hands on some alien technology, wouldn't he be the type to make money from it, instead of full disclosure.
As you can see I'm not a Steve Greer fan.
The ATS rules prohibit website promotion and solicitation. This thread isn't about that. Please follow the rules.

I do disagree with your assesment of mankind's ability to wrap their feeble little minds around the changes disclosure would bring.
I think we are much more capable of analytical and lateral thinking than you give us credit for.
No doubt, the entire focus of mankind would shift. The process may take more than one generation. But, as long as the contact was peaceful and beneficial, I believe mankind would do very well with the knowledge.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by freddieb]

[edit on 28-5-2005 by freddieb]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
As long as the interaction remains non-violent and non-violent on the part of our own earthly governments, I would imagine there would be no immediate mass panic. Simply bewilderment and shock. Sort of the same sensation you get when you find out a close family member has died. It would be a similar life-altering moment. The difference being that everybody gets affected all at once rather than at random interspersed intervals.

The problems will come in the weeks and months afterwards once it sinks into everybody's heads that everything they knew is wrong. Earthly institutions from organized religions to governments stand to become extinct overnight. Not sure what people will do with their lives once they know. The subsequent disillusionment is going to have an effect. I just don't know what yet. Unless our governments and ETs have devised something to stop problems from arising, perhaps mass mind control (not just media mind control), then mass panic may set in shortly afterwards.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Frith]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well, yep...there would be a certain amount of chaos...Maybe, just maybe, the UN could help with that: maybe the aliens could plead for no bloodshed, etc., and/or maybe they could help (for a limited time) with a little mind control...hel_, maybe it IS still too soon. It's just that I have a pain syndrome that they don't know what causes it or how to cure it...I get frustrated and wish that things were better for us all. If the aliens could help more than hurt, I'm all ofr it.

new topics

top topics

join