It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Stops Cooperating Wth U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Syria has halted military and intelligence cooperation with the United States, its ambassador to Washington said in an interview, in a sign of growing strains between the two nations over the insurgency in Iraq.

Although I don't think this is be any means a good thing. I just don't know how bad it will be yet either. I guess time will tell.

Feel free to voice your coments.

aolsvc.news.aol.com...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
As i sit here, i think to myself, Why havent we bombed them yet

lets just get it over with..

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
From the article on the Guardian site :

"The United States maintains Syria is not doing enough to stop the flow of men and money to the insurgency in Iraq."

Well, that's a bit rich isn't it? I mean, the US has complete control of it's own borders and NOBODY get's across without them knowing

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
My guess is that they have been only half-cooperating, hoping to fob off the US with a few bones... and the US probably knows this, but half a loaf is better than none - until recently. What has changed? Assad now has more to fear from other forces - Al-Quada, the "foreign fighters" and the like would be my guess. Or, on the other hand, he's feigning a break-off with much noise, for that very reason, and will still cooperate with the US under the table, hoping to keep everyone happy, or at least keep them away from his throat...

You know what? Who the hell knows?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Syria probably thinks Bollocks to the US , and why not they have there own agenda . I think America ought to start listening to other countries , you seem to have some sort of problem with anyone who disagrees with you.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well, every country is allowed to have its own agenda - assuming its been democratically arrived at, and if that agenda doesn't mean doing harm to others. Unfortunately, Syria fails on both counts.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
As i sit here, i think to myself, Why havent we bombed them yet

lets just get it over with..

Well I fear that could happen at some point, I do very much hope it will not.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Syria stopped cooperating???
When did they start??

[edit on 5-24-2005 by groingrinder]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
AlexofSkye
That is an interesting idea. Will be interesting if it does happen to be true.
Woner if we will ever find out?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Syria stopped cooperating???
When did they start??

You took the words out of my mouth there!

Syria is not just not securing its borders, they're actively supporting groups that are crossing into Iraq and executing terrorist attacks.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Whats going to happen to Syria if they dont want the American way?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
djohnsto77
I really do hope you are wrong, but I do fear you might be right.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I don't want to wake up and see that America has attacked Syria , perhaps they don't agree with you but to bomb and kill civilians again is being the Devil , are you the Devil thats been for told?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
I don't want to wake up and see that America has attacked Syria , perhaps they don't agree with you but to bomb and kill civilians again is being the Devil , are you the Devil thats been for told?

I dont want to wake up and find that either Bulldog, so I also hope there will never be a reason to wake up and that has happened.

top topics

join