It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Stupidity (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Two Star Wars fans decide to film a lightsabre duel using 2 fluorescent light tubes filled with petrol. Unsurprisingly it goes a bit wrong when they light them.

news.bbc.co.uk
Two Star Wars fans are in a critical condition in hospital after apparently trying to make light sabres by filling fluorescent light tubes with petrol.

A man, aged 20, and a girl of 17 are believed to have been filming a mock duel when they poured fuel into two glass tubes and lit it.

The pair were rushed to hospital after one of the devices exploded in woodland at Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I wonder if the tape will be appearing on the funniest home video shows!

They deserve an honourary Darwin award should they both survive.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
OH MY GOD!!!

There again, living here and seeing some of the retards who now occupy the town, I am not at all surprised

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I just had to vote yes on this just for the reason that this should be out where the most people will see it so they won't do this stupid act!

However, it is funny, nontheless stupid.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
These two morons will definitely be called retarded by a group of idiots.

It would be more believable if the two were aged 14 and 16, but 17 and 20? Geez!

BTW, I hope they recover and learn a lesson.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hey, I consider that an insult to my idiotic age group. Ok so maybe it does sound like my generation.

Anyhow sad that this happened but this is just hilarious. They definatly deserve honorary darwin awards should they survive. And if they don't, well they'll be up there with that guy who tried heating a lava lamp on a stove.

Lmao, best potential Darwin Award of the year. Maybe there should be a BTS forum for this kind of stuff.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hey! Just being a little sarcastic! Don't take it so personally. I've got two son's, 13 and the oldest fixing to turn 16, and they'd never think about doing something so idiotic.

These two must have been on some mind-altering drugs or something.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I was just kidding, of course it's something somebody my age would do. Anyhow it might not have been mind altering drugs. Sometimes people just don't have a clue as to what chemicals should and shouldn't be played with. This was just a pure example of stupidity at it's finest.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

[edit on 28-5-2005 by SEAL Trident]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
that is just so silly. you have to laugh!
but i hope they will recover and think twice about using flamable
subtances, the teenager i can say it was down to bad judgement
but an adult, that is just stupidity.

and hemel is near me lol.

x x oni x x

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA, I have a few friends that would of tried the same thing if they would of read that article...sad really...

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
but fuel, i mean they should of known that it was flammable! or was able to blow up.

they must of been out of their heads, or were really really stupid!

x x oni x x

what an example to set for younger children!

top topics

join