It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Masonic" Handshakes and Other Nonsense...

page: 38
<< 35  36  37   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by southerndemolay
Good one Dad APAK sheer genius, geuss i'll have to find out about that at my EA this saturday night when i ride the goat!
i'm kinda nervous......

Hope everything went well with your EA, by the way. Did they feed the goat?

[edit on 23-11-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MaskedAvatar

i have a masonic temple right across teh street from my house, i can try to "spy" i guess you can put it to see how they shake hands.
and if its obvious they shake in a diffrent way i will take some pics and post them.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thank you guys for this thread.

I hold in my hand my own petition and my family members (in-laws) are Christians, as I am, however they have a misconstrued idea of freemasons and believe them to be something I should not participate in. I firmly disagree after reading this thread.

I was 'on the fence' so to speak, for the lack of a better term, since I had not found much information on FM since most of the info out there is anti-masonic which makes it difficult to get a truly valid set of search results. After reading this thread from start to finish, I feel that I have formed MY OWN opinion, based on the content herein. I will be submitting my petition to the FM I asked.

Thanks to Seb and Axe for your undying desire to defend what I believe is a life-changing experience. Also, thanks, for some great info and sources to further solidify my opinion.

My father was the local lodge worshipful master (if that's what it is called) but got out of the masons due to some ill-will by the other members toward ALL the others in the lodge. He is getting back into the FM because of my decision to seek the light and become a better man, for myself, my community and my family.

Thanks, particularly, to all who have participated in this thread even if your ideals were less than savvy on the subject or if you are not persuaded that there is no evil behind the masonic community. To thetruthisouthere: Man... I find it extremely difficult to believe that even though some have explained it 20 times over, you simply refused to read and understand the content and their exclamations. That part of the conversation was the 'nitty gritty' of this whole thread, to me.

Leaving this thread behind, although bookmarking it for future reference, I can leave it with a solid foundation upon which I can base my beliefs and attempt to diffuse the inconsistencies that my in-laws will try to have me belive.

Thanks everyone, and I apologize for bumping this thread, but I just HAD to share what I have taken from it and how it has helped me to become a world more knowledgeable about the subject.

P.S. I have noticed people and mods to insist that we stay on topic, but the original topic was not wether or not christians could be masons, and vice versa... however, it was '"Masonic" handshakes and other nonsense'

Regardless, Thanks a LOT!

~~mike~~

[edit on 6-11-2009 by mikesg]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Boomhower

Lodge rooms don't have windows. And typically only two doors (main entrance and fire escape door/service entrance.. damn those fire codes..) The doors don't have windows either.

Masons also do not generally do super secret handshakes in public. Or, if they do, it's kinda hard to notice.. hell if I was caught off guard I wouldn't even notice.

I would watch late at night, around 2:38am ish, that's usually when fresh goats get brought into the lodge in preparation for a degree. Signs include drunk men trying to shove a goat through a door, hay being strewn about, and perhaps someone actually trying to ride said goat. And while some may think I am joking, I recently met a man from a lodge who indeed had a goat mascot, granted, he lived on a farm and his name was Steve. Which ironically, is my name. I think that makes us friends.

<< 35  36  37   >>

join