It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Masonic" Handshakes and Other Nonsense...

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElliottWilson
your brothers left hand with the index fingers nuckel bein the father the middle fingers nuckel bein the son and the left ring finger bein the holy ghost the thumb of your right hand rests in between the son and the holy ghosts but dont try this as there are more wahys to spot a brother than just a hand shalk and if you do not respond in the manner you are cought

This is not a masonic interpretation that I've ever heard of what you think is a masonic handshake. Care to share your source on this one?

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
How many handskaes have you guys seen?

In duncans I see some but online I see different ones.

Also the phrases of recognition are they used? Are they only used in lodge proceedings or like if you cross another Mason? I am under impression it is or was a european thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Not to distract you gentlemen from your current debate, but I would like to inquire about your thoughts on Jim Shaw…
Honest question so please give forth honest answers

Thanks for your time…..

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Please stick to the topic of this thread, which is about identifying masonic handshakes in the media and elsewhere.

Please feel free to discuss jim shaw in a thread about him (or start one if there isn't one, providing some background info, your thoughts, etc).

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Sorry Nygdan,
I’m new to ATS and I’m still not all the way sure about the protocol my sincerest apologies.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
its amazing the direction i have read other non masons aim thier focus. I have aimed it another and learned alot. Keep up the humor though cause im getting more of it everyday. And i thought you guys gave double high fives when u meet another mason.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosceteipsum
Not to distract you gentlemen from your current debate, but I would like to inquire about your thoughts on Jim Shaw…
Honest question so please give forth honest answers

Thanks for your time…..

I'd be delighted to give you my opinion of Jim Shaw in your new thread...

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'd imagine why Masonic hand shakes are rather average is because they don't wan't to be noticed. Yet it's still the small difference that counts.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
www.gaiaguys.net...
This is the 'grand hailing sign of distress'???

Couldn't you guys pick out something a little less, well, obvious???

[edit on 25-5-2005 by Nygdan]

Wheres the ....M.C.A.?
I love Village People songs.........

[edit on 14-12-2006 by Slaine01]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
You guys have got it all wrong.

We got rid of the secret handshakes a long time ago, nowadays there is a secret milkshake instead.

Psssst it's got Chocolate and Strawberry!

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Unbelievable! Are you serious abot milkshakes?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaydie

Actually he is VERY serious. The "secret milkshake of a Master Mason" is a highly guarded possession of ours.

Not to mention the "Grand Mailing Sign" (We only use that one at the Post Office!)

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Um, yeah okay. I think that everyone needs to go out and have some fun. Bye.

OKT

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I thought i add my 2 cents on this even though it has been some time since the thread started.

Let me address the "secret handshake" first if it is so secret, why is it all over the internet? i even found videos of it.
regardless of that. look in your community, people shake hands differently everywhere. a middle class person shakes it differently then a high class person it is just a fact.
and i think we came to the conclusion that there is a handshake, so what...?

then we have those that ask how to identify a mason. OMG really, you want to know who is a mason, so that you wont have to be around them anymore. well: first off, the likely hood that you have a mason in your family is very big. does that make you a bad person... NO but it does not make you better either.
Second, obviously you are not religious if you do not want to hang out with mason because the bible teaches you to turn the other cheek. in plain english they call you shallow!

history will teach you that the church was responsible for the killings of the Knights Templar with some help from Phillipe. anyway, after helping all thos pilgrims getting with their money to the promised land and helping the church. it was certainly very nice of the church to kill them. oh wait... the bible teaches " thou shall not kill.

and yes in many ways we have to thank the Templars for starting the banking system as we know it.

Look this is a free world, instead of looking on the internet if you know a mason, you should be looking at your child, watch as he throws some gang sign up. but ofcourse that would not happen in your house...dream on!

We are all humans and masons do help each other, communication is easier if you have some belief in common. you would do a favor too for a family member of yours right?

last, those handshakes, it can be used for identification or as a greeting most people that come up to me know i am a Master Mason and a Knight Templar before i shake their hand. shaking someones hand like that won't get you far.

Axeman i am thinking about putting up a site soon about all that rubbish people post on this matter.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OKT
Axeman i am thinking about putting up a site soon about all that rubbish people post on this matter.

I look forward to seeing it! If I can help, send me a u2u.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sebatwerk

Seb... is that signature... Emily Dickinson??

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthisoutthere

Truth, there is a flaw in your slaw. (That's Cole Slaw, meaning something is messed up in your ingrediants producing an unsavory meal. After all, good Cole Slaw is a thing of beauty, especially to a Southern boy like me.)

You say that Mason's can't be Christians because Christians can have no other gods before HIM.

The fact is, Freemason's are allowed to follow what ever religion they wish, as long as they ARE RELIGIOUS. (If I mispeak or misinform, please correct me Masons). Meaning a Mason can, without any reprisal or interference, can choose the Christian God as his one and only God, putting no other gods before HIM, and in fact believing in no other gods at all.

In other words, a Mason is free to be a Christian and a Christian is free to be a Mason. By the same token a Mason does not have to be a Christian, just as a Christian does not have to be a Mason.

From my understanding it seems that your theory is strong... but only due to having a misconception tied into it. IF Masons had to believe in other gods and then place such gods before Christ, then your statement would be utterly true. However, this is not the case at all.

You are right, however, that one who follows a Religion other than Christianity (in it's numerous forms) is considered Pagan. The problem lies in how it is stated. Pagan itself is not evil or bad, but the term has garnered ill repute due to misconceptions and slander. Yes, SOME Pagan religions may seem Evil... others however are wrongly grouped with these and share an image not deserved. It would do well, then, to say EXACTLY WHICH PAGAN RELIGION one references... which is ironic since few can actually name and discuss Pagan Religions as individual religions (myself included, I admit ignorance on this topic).

That's like saying ALL CHRISTIANS ARE EVIL BECAUSE OF THE CRUSADES... well, that was done by the Roman Catholic Church (Catholics ARE Christians, by the way... second only to the Followers of Christ as he lived) and not the, say, Southern Baptist. Also, to say that All Catholics are evil was be just as wrong a generalzation.

It's painting with to broad a brush.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

Actually he is VERY serious. The "secret milkshake of a Master Mason" is a highly guarded possession of ours.

Not to mention the "Grand Mailing Sign" (We only use that one at the Post Office!)

Good one Dad APAK sheer genius, geuss i'll have to find out about that at my EA this saturday night when i ride the goat!
i'm kinda nervous......

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Note: In the following discourse WM stands for Worshipful Master, and SD stands for Senior Deacon.
WM: Brother Senior Deacon.
SD: Worshipful Master.
WM: I hele.
SD: I conceal.
WM: What do you conceal?
SD: All the secrets of a Mason in Masonry, to which this token alludes.
(At this time, the candidate is shown the grip of an Entered Apprentice)
WM: What is that?
SD: A grip
WM. Of what?
SD: Of an Entered Apprentice.
WM. Has it a name?
SD: It has.
WM: Will you give it to me?
SD: I did not so receive it, neither will I so impart it.
WM: How will you dispose of it?
SD: Letter it or halve it.
WM: Letter it and begin.
SD: You begin.
WM: Begin you.
SD: A
WM: B
SD: O
WM: Z
WM: (Directing his words to the candidate): "Boaz, my Brother, is the name of this grip, and should always be given in the customary manner, by lettering or halving. When lettering, always commence with the letter, "A".

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by southerndemolay

Originally posted by Appak

Good one Dad APAK sheer genius, geuss i'll have to find out about that at my EA this saturday night when i ride the goat!
i'm kinda nervous......

This made me chuckle.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join