It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Masonic" Handshakes and Other Nonsense...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

This is the 'grand hailing sign of distress'???

Couldn't you guys pick out something a little less, well, obvious???

Distress? That’s surrender, nothing more obvious than that.

The only sign I want to see is Winston Churchill’s victory “V.”

Carry on.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It is less obvious

That is, compared to the trumpets and flares of old (I lobbied heavily for dancing girls as well, but that provision was lost in committee).

Seriously, you want to signal help? This will get you further.

Signing Monkeys, not just for distress anymore...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

... This is the 'grand hailing sign of distress'???

Distress?!?!.. Well I guess it could be tak'n as that. I just know that's what we look like when they say... "Who's ready to go downstairs, and drink coffee & eat cake.

I thought that was the point. Other wise we'd stay upstairs, 'n find more paperwork for me ta send out ta all the other members.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

www.gaiaguys.net...

[edit on 25-5-2005 by Nygdan]

Grand Hailing Sign?!? nah

Correct me if I'm wrong but the "official" name of that sign is
"Help someone's got a gun in my back and is taking my wallet"

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Have to say that this is one of the better Masonic threads I've seen in a long time. I wasn't aware you guys had a sense of humor after all the beatings that others have tried to heap on you.

You have my respect, and you have caused several guffaws this evening.

My thanks.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The Masonic Sign given for "Screw Your Election, We Own Diebold Too", or the "One Fingered Victory Salute" is given by extending the middle Finger thusly...

Just a note for you Knights of Ma Ha Bologna out there, most non-nostra folks don't extend their thumbs down to the third knuckle of the hand they are shaking, or extending index fingers down the wrists, so let's not pretend you guys don't know what he's talking about. Lies and disninformation, that is why people don't like freemasons. It's one thing to say "yeah, well I can't talk about", that is respectable, but to laugh at people and say there are no secret handshakes, wtf is that? If you ever wonder why people don't like it, look no further than the crap on this thread. Most folks don't like being lied to.

And if your curious, never seen the real thing, this is third degree...

Light belongs to all mankind, not just good ole boys and hoodwinkers. To keep light for yourself while keeping others in darkness, yeah real noble.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by twitchy]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
...but to laugh at people and say there are no secret handshakes, wtf is that?

I don't recall any Mason ever saying there aren't secret handshakes. Everyone knows there are. Man, do you ever listen to what Masons have to say, or are you seriously so wrapped up in your disdain for something you don't understand that you actually take from their posts what you seem to?

It just doesn't make sense to me, Twitchy. Seriously.

It's called levity. Look it up.

Plus, the very site you pulled that pic from claims that the grip you posted is the "real grip" of the Fellow Craft.

here's the link to the pic you posted: www.gaiaguys.net...

Notice the fc in the file name???

If you are going to post tripe, at least get yourself together first.

P.S. ROFLMAO @ Mirthful Me. Dude, that was priceless.

[edit on 5/25/05 by The Axeman]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Right you are, that is fellowcraft, the third degree is one knuckle lower. My bad, It was the first pic of a legitimate masonic handshake I saw on an image search, so I didn't notice it right away.
My apologies. How's that for levity?

Now how about integrity? Look at the title of this thread, the implication is that the very notion of masonic handshakes is "nonsense", masons on this board have tried to say that there is no hierarchy in freemasonry, that there is no connection to Judaism, that masons do not grant favor to other masons, and alot of other complete hogwash, and that is where my lack of levity is bred. It angers me, honestly, and I think it angers alot of people. We know when the sky is blue, even if you say it is green over and over again, hence the flack you catch.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Twichy, TUBALCAIN! My Brother!!!

I'm glad you guys made this thread... as we need it for the "lighter side" of masonry. You guys on here always argue about masonry. And it isn't that fun reading through all the bickering that goes on in most masonic threads.

I hope Nygdan doesn't move this thread either.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Lies and disninformation, that is why people don't like freemasons. It's one thing to say "yeah, well I can't talk about", that is respectable, but to laugh at people and say there are no secret handshakes, wtf is that?

If you can show me WHERE a mason has posted that there are no secret handshakes, I will give you $1000. That's right... ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS. Can you do it? Oh! That's right... you can't! You can't find one thread in which that was said because it was never posted. NOBODY has ever claimed such nonsense here on ATS. So... what lies and disinformation?

I can't even COUNT how many times I have typed the words "The only secrets that we masons have are our modes of recognition, such as our handshakes and passwords" here on ATS. I have written that AT LEAST 25 times since I joined. Obviously, like Axeman said, you are incapable of understanding a simple post when it does not agree with your rotten agenda.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Eternally, I float around ATS "lodging" this reminder for the forgetful or unaware:

George W. Bush is not a Freemason.

And I would not have him in my Lodge. And he could not care less about that, to be sure.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

masons on this board have tried to say that there is no hierarchy in freemasonry

There isn't. The only hirearchy exists among the lodge's officers. A master of a lodge who's a 3rd degree mason has authority over absolutely EVERYONE in his lodge, regardless of degree.

that there is no connection to Judaism

Show me where that was said. That's a bunch of crap, there's not a single knowledgeable mason that would even THINK that. Why must you keep LYING? WHO here has the problem with integrity?

that masons do not grant favor to other masons

Read the post, we said IT IS NOT MASONIC to do so. It happens EVERYWHERE, and our organization is no different. But is it encouraged, or even permitted? Absolutely not.

and alot of other complete hogwash

The only hogwash being posted is by you, obviously. I think you need to start actually READING what is said by us masons in our posts, instead of simply assuming that we say such things. I know it doesn't match with your beliefs of Freemasonry, but could it be that maybe you're a little confused? Yeah, it definitely could be.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
If you can show me WHERE a mason has posted that there are no secret handshakes, I will give you $1000. That's right... ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Look at the title of this thread, the implication is that the very notion of masonic handshakes is "nonsense"

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Look at the title of this thread, the implication is that the very notion of masonic handshakes is "nonsense"

First of all, Axeman is not a mason. Second, he was referring to the image he posted in the first post. Try again.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
These masonic threads are a joke. I am sick of them on ats. The fellow masons on here do nothing but fight with the non-believers when in fact they should be ignoring them! For this I will be no longer posting in these so called masonic threads. Yes Sebatwerk this means you too.

Sorry, but I am sick of reading through all this drama bull#!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 5-25-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Sorry, but I am sick of reading through all this drama bull#!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm sick of people lying about us! I'm sick of people accusing masons of absolutely absurd things without any kind of evidence or reason! If people were here accusing your mom of being a filthy slut, would you just ignore them? I don't think so. If people could stop being rotten liars, and stop making baseless accusations against us, then there would be no problem, would there be?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
And we are sick of being lied to, no Hierarchy in freemasonry?! LOL Dude, the Boy Scouts and your local Bingo Hall have a Hierarchy, though not nearly as sinister. If there is no hierarchy in freemasonry, then why do you have to apply to a grand lodge to establish a lodge in your local community? I mean come on. Grand Inspectors General? 23 Supreme Councils? How the hell do you figure that isn't a hierarchy? You think taking your third degree is some all defining moment where everything is revealed to you about the organization? You still Blue Lodge?
Yes Masons have denied all sorts of things here on ATS, do a search, for my posts alone on freemasonry, and see for yourself. And keep your money, I'm just a Goyim anyway.

Edit:

"The Blue Degrees (the first three degrees of Masonry) are but the outer court or portico of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them; but it is intended that he shall imagine he understands them. Their True explication is reserved for the Adepts (those who have advanced to the highest degrees in Masonry)

Sounds like a hierarchy to me bro.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by twitchy]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

If there is no hierarchy in freemasonry, then why do you have to apply to a grand lodge to establish a lodge in your local community? I mean come on. Grand Inspectors General? 23 Supreme Councils? How the hell do you figure that isn't a hierarchy?

The only thing I have been trying to tell you is that there is no hirearchy among degrees! Degrees do not establish ANY KIND of authority, rank or position within the fraternity!

Just like I have told you MANY times, there is no hirearchy between degrees! The only hirearchy exists among the lodge's officers, and among local and Grand lodges! Each of those lodges has officers, among which there is a hirearchy. Lodge officers are the only ones with any kind of authority! A 3rd degree master of a lodge has absolutel authority over a 33rd degree mason in his lodge!

Degrees don't establish ANY kind of rank whatsoever! Only elected officer positions do, and you must be a 3rd degree mason to be an officer! If you are not an officer, you are just a regular member, regardless of degree.

You think taking your third degree is some all defining moment where everything is revealed to you about the organization?

About CRAFT MASONRY, yes! You fail to understand that the advanced degrees are APPENDANT BODIES. They are additional and optional. EVERYONE must join a Blue Lodge. Nobody has to join an appendant organization.

The only place where appendant degrees matter are in those bodies! A 32nd degree means NOTHING within a Blue Lodge. But Blue Lodge degrees are important in ALL BODIES.

You still Blue Lodge?

I am a 3rd degree Master Mason. I am receiving all 32 APPENDANT degrees of the Scottish Rite on June 11th. And I will have no more authority or position than I do now.

Also, I am receiving the York Rite degrees, ANOTHER APPENDANT BODY, sometime in June as well. But I will still have the same position, authority and influence as I do now.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabat-work
there is a hirearchy

Thank you.

Now admit there are handshakes and Zionism, and I'm done with ya.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
this doesnt really have anything to do with masonry but i found this site one time with a video called "they sold their souls for rock and roll".i have watched the video many times and it is right up there with the harry potter is satan type of propaganda.in fact they even have something on the site about that.anyway i suggest if your bored sometime you watch the video.

www.goodfight.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join