It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Conflict ROE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I keep googling diffrent variants, but it just returns propoganda.. The ROE for the Iraq conflict can't be classified? Does anyone have or or can they point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance hehe.. Those Saddam photos got me curious..

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr_duck
I keep googling diffrent variants, but it just returns propoganda.. The ROE for the Iraq conflict can't be classified? Does anyone have or or can they point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance hehe.. Those Saddam photos got me curious..

Those pics fall under the Geneva Convention, not ROE, ROE is just whats it states Rules of Engagement

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well I'm just kinda curious about it...

Is it a long document? Short? Do the soldiers keep a copy, as police keep a copy of miranda, etc.

So while legally, you're quite correct - I still don't know what the ROE says, tho

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Well I'm just kinda curious about it...

Is it a long document? Short? Do the soldiers keep a copy, as police keep a copy of miranda, etc.

So while legally, you're quite correct - I still don't know what the ROE says, tho

I dont know for sure, but i dont think they carry copies of either on them, they are supposed to know them though.

ROE aka the rules of war
usmilitary.about.com...

Geneva Convention
usmilitary.about.com...
www.unhchr.ch...

[edit on 24-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thanks alot c0le!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hmm I remember reading an excerpt of the document I'm thinking of- Saying something to the effect of "If you need to commandeer a vehicle, you must pay for it or leave a US Army recipt, etc"

To refine my question, "Are there any Iraq-conflict specific rules of conduct that US Military (and/or civilian) personel are legally bound to follow?"

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hmm not to sure tbh, there might be a few "cultural" type things they might be asked to respect/ignor if they dont like it, Im sure someone here has served in iraq recently that can answer your question though...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The geneva convetions regulate how pows are to be treated. They are to be well treated physically and are not to be paraded before the public. This has been thought ot extend to publishing photographs. If so, this [saddam in his undies] might be the first real deal breach of the GC by the US. The admin has said that they will investigate. Hopefully they will, they've done a poor job of investiageing things like Abu Garaib, imo. On that, the defendants claimed that they were under orders from higher up intelligence officers, but that doesn't seem to have beeen investigated, and none of their commanders have been prosecuted.

So, if this tighty-whitey-gate was done by a 'lone wolf', he should be prosecuted, severely, imo.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

ALL ROEs are classified. If you made a request to one of the branches, they might allow you access to a sanitized version of them.

new topics

top topics

join