It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars 3 Accused Of Republican Bashing (from ATSNN)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Just look at that smug stone over there. I can tell it's thinking bad things about me!

People will see what they want to see and what they are paranoid about regardless if it is actually there or not. Lucas himself said that Ep3 has nothing to do with current political figures.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Jonna,

You are quite right.

Some people think that the world revolves around them and that everything is about them.

The collective term for these people is Politicians.

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
A politician is someone who always has to be number one. He is someone who is an expert at having a staff of dozens and taking sole credit for each and every thing that they do. He is someone who walks into a room and will walk back out if he is not announced properly and made into the focus of attention.

That being said, I don't see why anyone is surprised at the way these people are demanding that attention be paid to them in any way possible. Apparently now even the movies that we watch and enjoy also have to be about them. I think if you analyze the vast majority of our politicians you will find hundreds of case of megalomania.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i think i'm going to agree with muaddib, here.
they(gop) are getting desperate. the parallels of lucas' story and what's happening in america are TOO obviously pointing to the pattern of dictatorial takeover being exercised by the NWOGOP. they are accelerating the onslaught of totalitarian atmosfear.
'anti-american' is such a meaningless phrase these days. any criticism of government is 'anti-american'. except for criticising 'lefties', 'liberals' and 'democrats'. you can use pure hate speech on those american groups.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Billybob I think you have misunderstood Muaddibs post. He is attacking the "lefties" who claim that Star War's evil equates to the Republicans. He fails to realize that the only ones harping on about this on a governmental level are the Republicans.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Billybob I think you have misunderstood Muaddibs post. He is attacking the "lefties" who claim that Star War's evil equates to the Republicans. He fails to realize that the only ones harping on about this on a governmental level are the Republicans.

i know. i think it's hilarious that i got to agree with him.. he's hard core right.

muaddib, .....

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Great post Jonna. I love it.

Of course you also have to take the inverse for libs who think that Episode III is backing them up.

"Look at that brilliant stone- i bet it agrees with me."

This movie is turning into a political Rorschach test. (for those of you who don't know, the rorscharch test is that series of random inkblots which the average person sees almost nothing but sex organs in (probably because they expect it and are scanning for it so that they can supress it and give a "correct" answer to prove they aren't gay.) But I digress... a lot.

The point is that Jonna is dead on. As is the case with all art, Star Wars is filtered through a viewers eye and the viewer proceeds to project his own spin on it. This is why I consider the Misfits to be uplifting and also why people see Bush in Star Wars.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
That leaves a rather interesting question then Vagabond. Why is it that some Republican politicians view this ink-blot test of a movie as them being shown as evil?

Is it a crisis of faith in their own party or what?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I say, if the shoe fits.............

There is no friend anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I believe that people see enemies where they want to see enemies.

The movies have been set out for 30 years, you could say Palpatine more resembles Nixon than Bush.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
People are making such a big deal out of two lines in the movie. If Anakin would have said "Your my enemy Obi Wan" instead of "If your not with me, your my enemy" would it make it less anti-bush. I bet you can find anti-bush things in everything. Like in Harry Potter, Hagrid says "When a wizard goes over ter the Dark Side there's nothin' and no one matters to 'em anymore...." Thats saying that Bush is evil and thats why he's killing people

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Vegemite,

Originally posted by Vegemite
People are making such a big deal out of two lines in the movie. If Anakin would have said "Your my enemy Obi Wan" instead of "If your not with me, your my enemy" would it make it less anti-bush. I bet you can find anti-bush things in everything. Like in Harry Potter, Hagrid says "When a wizard goes over ter the Dark Side there's nothin' and no one matters to 'em anymore...." Thats saying that Bush is evil and thats why he's killing people

This called PARANOIA or even perhaps GUILTY CONSCIENCE.

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Give me one year and I can prove to you that Bush has sith powers!

Really, these people should learn that Lucas is just trying to tell a story.
Remember how people linked the LOTR movies to the current events in the world, guess Tolkien must have had a palantir then

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
And again, the only ones in the government who want George Lucas and anyone who saw the film rounded up and sent to re-education camps are the republicans. You would think Mr. Clinton, or Kerry, or Edwards, or a Kennedy, or Bill Clinton(this is a shot at Hilary, calling her Mr. Clinton) would be all over this, but nope, it's only the republicans.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
James,

The sad thing about this is that the movie itself is actually not that good.

Cheers

BHR

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join