It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA technology reveals texts of Trojan Wars, early gospels (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hopefully, as this technology progresses and we gain a better understanding of it, thousands of unanswered questions will finally be answered. Hopefully.

seattletimes.nwsource.com
OXFORD, England — The scholars at Oxford University are not sure how it works or why; all they know is that it does.

A relatively new technology called multispectral imaging is turning a pile of ancient garbage into a gold mine of classical knowledge, bringing to light the lost texts of Sophocles and Euripides as well as some early Christian gospels that do not appear in the New Testament.

Originally developed by NASA scientists and used to map the surface of Mars, multispectral imaging was successfully applied to some badly charred Roman manuscripts that were buried during the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in A.D. 79. Examining those carbonized manuscripts under different wavelengths of light suddenly revealed writing that had been invisible to scholars for two centuries.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It will be great to see how much more light this technology shines on historical and religious events. I'm not sure how many people will be willing to jump the fence one way or the other if they find something earthshattering in any "lost gospels," but I am sure this will definately cause more religious debates.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This one has been covered.

www.atsnn.com...

new topics

join