It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man jailed for linking to bomb sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   

A federal judge sentenced a man to a year in prison Monday for creating an anarchist Web site with links to sites on how to build bombs

Rest of story here.

OK... Is this or is this not a CLEAR violation of free speech. Does this mean anyone owning copies of books, like Anarchist cook book...etc. are subject to being arrested.. I mean come on, howstuffworks.com tells how all sorts of things like this work. We have probably had a discussion at one time or another here, about how a bomb works and/or how to build one... I seem to remember an article about a Nuclear bomb not too long ago... Will ATS be prosecuted next?

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Odd that the man invovled was sentenced so harshly, when it seems from his statement that he clearly showed remorse, in that he "would be devastated if someone used it to cause harm." This may jus tbe a line of BS, which I can understand the judge dismissing. I would be interested to know what laws they prosecuted him on.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Exactly what the real problem is:
"Austin said he took a plea bargain because he feared his case was eligible for a terrorism enhancement, which could have added 20 years to his sentence."

Depending on the validity of the other charges is the key here. It sais he was arrested for Disorderly Conduct and Unlawful Assembly. The right to Assemble and Peaceful Protest is ours and if lost will result in our complete loss of freedom. So if the charges are valid, yeah, this guy is an idiot. But if these other charges aren't valid, meaning he was just assembling and protesting something, and then creating a web site about anarchy, there is nothing illegal with that. I still don't think this guy should be threatened with being convicted as a terrorist though. I think this shows an blatant missuse of this whole Terrorist Act B.S.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
"U.S. District Judge Stephen Wilson sentenced Sherman Austin to more than the prosecutor had recommended under a plea bargain"

Are there more sick judges like that ?

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
No kidding, and my guess would be yes. There are probably lots of them out there. It depends on who they are influenced by.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sick judges you want?

Like the one in Albuquerque who sentenced a man who raped his 4 year old niece to 33 years, then suspended the sentence?

Said rapist then kidnapped a 16 year old in a theater, raped and murdered her.

IMHO, that's a sick judge.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So, like what does the Judge have to say about the Bohemian GRove? THey like playing with b0mbs, why dosnt he go after them>?

new topics

top topics

join