It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Satelites be hacked?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It sounds like the hacking you are talking about is actually taking over control and hijacking the satellite.

Why would any government want to do that??? _javascript:icon('
')

It is much easier to monitor the satellites output, decipher it, and then you have the same information. Then you know exactly what they know. And if they were spying on you, you would also know what they haven't learned yet. Find the source of your leaks and then send out disinformation. Whenever they discover it is disinformation, you have effectively 'destroyed' the satellites usefulness.

Satellite transponders have been hacked for years. It is much harder to hack the satellite control channel since that frequency and mode is never publicized. And the back link control channel is never the same as the up link channel. You would have to transmit on 1,000 of frequencies, using several different modes, guessing at passwords, operating language, programming language, etc...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It would be rather hard to hack a satellite, but that why the government hired elite hackers to do this. Its not impossible. I mean anyone can hack cell phones, aim, even direct tv or tivo. Like people said before you have to have the right equipment, and not just using Jack the Ripper for a password cracker. You'd probably have to use TOP of the line equipment, and you would definetly have to know what your doing. Becuase if you get caught you'll be in jail for a long a time, and you'll never be able to touch a computer again.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yeah, they can be hacked with an SQL Injection

Bad joke I know

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Yeah, they can be hacked with an SQL Injection

Bad joke I know

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join