It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Employment Office Flies Foreign Colors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Placing Mexican Flag Above "Old Glory"

Walking into the Oregon State Employment Office at 119 N. Oakdale Ave. in Medford, Oregon can already be a daunting experience for many who are looking for work or have a file to claim. To many it can be a stressful occasion. Being met by a Mexican flag hoisted above the Stars and Stripes on the back wall of this state run office is for many.........Un American.

this is only part of the article please read it ...this is unbelievable.

Link: www.newswithviews.com...

What were they thinking... They are traders....also...It is illegal to display, or fly a foreign flag ( or pennant ) on the wall of government buildings. And this one was placed above the American flag???....I guess Oregon is encouraging mexican aliens.

Mods, I wasn't sure where to post?.... feel free to move

[edit on 24-5-2005 by ms_Bhavn]

[edit on 24-5-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Doesn't seem to be much to worry about.

I don't know about it being illegal to have a foreign flag in a government office, but I do know that the standards in teh US are the the Stars and Stripes cannot be higher than other flags, except in wartime. Considering that the US goes to such lengths to resepect other equal, sovereign nations, whoever put that flag a few inches higher should probably take it down.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
according to Federal Law it is illegal as outlined in the U. S. code, Title 36, chapter 10;

175. position and manner of display:
(c) No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by navel chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in place of, the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof:

This was taken from the link. I believe the illegal part of this was the placing of the Mexican flag to the right of the US flag and at a higher level.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
There's absolutely no reason this flag should have been displayed in this office as there was apparently no Mexican embassy or consulate in the same facility.

People who do things like this should not only be fired from their government jobs but be imprisoned for treason.

top topics

join