It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Tillman's parents tell it like it is!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Tillman's Parents Are Critical Of Army
Family Questions Reversal On Cause of Ranger's Death

By Josh White
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, May 23, 2005; Page A01

Former NFL player Pat Tillman's family is lashing out against the Army, saying that the military's investigations into Tillman's friendly-fire death in Afghanistan last year were a sham and that Army efforts to cover up the truth have made it harder for them to deal with their loss.

More than a year after their son was shot several times by his fellow Army Rangers on a craggy hillside near the Pakistani border, Tillman's mother and father said in interviews that they believe the military and the government created a heroic tale about how their son died to foster a patriotic response across the country. They say the Army's "lies" about what happened have made them suspicious, and that they are certain they will never get the full story.....

www.washingtonpost.com...

It's no wonder Tillman's name has fallen out of the spotlight. Keep your mouths shut and we'll heap praise on your son's memory, but speak the truth and that memory will be short lived. I applaud Tillman's parents for what they are doing, I just hope it doesn't come back to haunt them.

Peace

[edit on 24-5-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yes, I agree, if they don't tow the partyline, they will go from heroes to zeros. They shouldn't have been lied to at the beginning. As for Bush taking advantage of this unfortunate opportunity, well, nothing surprises me.

Good post Dr.

This sort of thing makes my blood boil.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Nationalistic fervour and feel good patriotism disappear very soon after. In that short time people are distracted and caught up in the moment; grief, ecstasy or rage. Perhaps all of the above.

Movies last around 2 hours. Songs lasts about 5 minutes. Then you are back in reality.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
OK, deleted

[edit on 24/5/2005 by SportyMB]

[edit on 24/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Pat Tillman was a team player who eventually was killed by his own team. The disgusting matter behind this story, would be the "painted picture" the army projected involving Tillman's death. Immediatly, the Army kept US soldiers on the ground quiet. Told Tillman's family, America and the entire world that he was killed by enemy fire while storming a hill, barking orders to his fellow Rangers. Gave Tillman the Silver Star in his honor. Used his heroic story to promote patriotism and new recruitment.

Fabulous huh!

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sporty, you must have missed the following:

Immediately, the Army kept the soldiers on the ground quiet and told Tillman's family and the public that he was killed by enemy fire while storming a hill, barking orders to his fellow Rangers. After a public memorial service, at which Tillman received the Silver Star, the Army told Tillman's family what had really happened, that he had been killed by his own men.

So they did attempt to create a "heroic tale" at first, it just fell apart...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This was done alot in ww2 and im guessing in wars after that, The army isnt covering it up, persay.. Would you rather be rembered a hero, or just another guy who went to war and didnt die in combat, but from friendly fire?

Truth or not, id rather have my family believe i died a hero..

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
xmotex....yes I must have misread that part...actually I was going off of memory which which must have failed me...thanks for the heads up, I deleted my last post since it was totally wrong...thanks for lookin out.

Yeah the Army screwed up on this one....gave em a real black eye.
The record should be set straight by the Army.....seems like this
would be all over the news, then again doesnt evetything.

Good find

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
NP easy to miss this stuff, done it myself.

Regardless of how Tillman died, he still deserves respect for what he did, giving up a multilmillion dollar career to serve your country is no easy choice.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

giving up a multilmillion dollar career to serve your country is no easy choice.

I agree....could not have said it better myself.

Was there an investigation on this? Were any soldiers found at fault? It probably was an accident.....just curious

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Here is another article posted today from the telegraph

Pentagon faked heroic death for icon shot by fellow Rangers

Snip
The parents of a former American football star killed by friendly fire in Afghanistan yesterday accused the Pentagon of propagating a false account of his death to stir up patriotic fervor back home.
The account of his death on a barren hillside in Afghanistan was like a heroic, boys' comic story. He was said to have been charging up a hill to attack Islamist diehards, bellowing orders to fellow Rangers, when he was mown down in an ambush.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
This was done alot in ww2 and im guessing in wars after that, The army isnt covering it up, persay.. Would you rather be rembered a hero, or just another guy who went to war and didnt die in combat, but from friendly fire?

The death of any soldier during combat should be remembered a hero regardless. However, the death of Pat Tillman from friendly fire was manipulated by the Army pushing forth war propaganda intentions to increase recruitment. If you adored Pat Tillman's NFL career as a player, let's say your national football hero, then certainly you should also join Tillman's patriotic contributions in serving his country and dying an honorable death.

No doubt, that's absolutely disgusting.

Perhaps Tillman's family is concerned that a conspiracy involving Pat's death took place to promote Military recruitment. Who knows, maybe he was deliberately killed with the intentions of fabricating a heroes tale to increase patriotism/recruitment? How many sons/daughters intentionally signed up for service based on Tillman's so-called heroic actions?

Because of this story, I feel less patriotic today...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Then to have the truth actually come out, and leave a bitter taste in everybody's mouth. Force everyone to rethink their words and actions between then and now, and then feel utter disgust that your own government and military lied to you about your own son's death.

Hooah...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If this is how the army handles what happens to their poster boy, makes one wonder how they deal with other deaths and their families. Doesn't it make you prouderin# to be an American?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Perhaps Tillman's family is concerned that a conspiracy involving Pat's death took place to promote Military recruitment. Who knows, maybe he was deliberately killed with the intentions of fabricating a heroes tale to increase patriotism/recruitment? How many sons/daughters intentionally signed up for service based on Tillman's so-called heroic actions?

Because of this story, I feel less patriotic today...

Most Americans wouldn't be able to wrap their minds around this concept, it's just too far out there, but when it comes to swaying public opinion nothing is off limits. I think the same way sometimes Syntaxer.

Peace

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
you know you say that but it would make sense kill pat tillman, the american who seemingly had everything and sacrificed it for america, great propaganda! this is the first i heard of him being killed by friendly fire, when did the story change it was never on the news.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Just wanted to point out that I've had a thread going on this for a while now. There can't be enough exposure for this story, if you ask me. We are never going to get the real truth about what happened and why from the Army.

Anybody still care about Patrick Tillman?

There is some good stuff recently posted here as well. Thank you, Dr. Love for keeping this issue current.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
One thing i have to say about the current government. Hard as they try to deceive the public, everything comes out sooner rather than later.

Of course, by the time the truth comes out..its like...ohhhhh..well... Its in the past.

I am thankful to be able to disect and understand the truth and the lies as they are happening.
What a gifted person i am!

Listen to me

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Of course, by the time the truth comes out..its like...ohhhhh..well... Its in the past.

Right. I guess the people are too preoccupied with other things like family, work, little league, etc. to give a damn for too long. It's understandable, but at the same time pretty scary. We're content with being screwed over and they know it.

Originally posted by dgtempe
I am thankful to be able to disect and understand the truth and the lies as they are happening.
What a gifted person i am!

Listen to me

Dgtempe, the fun-loving, gifted conspiracy vixen!!

Peace

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
It's no wonder Tillman's name has fallen out of the spotlight. Keep your mouths shut and we'll heap praise on your son's memory, but speak the truth and that memory will be short lived.

This is but one EXCELLENT example of the lies told by the liars in charge. How can anyone in their right mind trust anything Rummy & Co. says?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join