It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we have officially started to bomb iraq air stations

page: 1

join
share:
moe

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 11:58 PM
link   
i know that we have been doing it in secret but its finally been made public.
oh well i guess screw what the rest of us think.
next stop concentration camps for us citizens who speak out in protest just watch. so i hear canadas nice this time of year

go to
www.whatreallyhappened.com...
for the news of the bombing

[Edited on 6-9-2002 by moe]

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Over the last couple of years the US has admitted to bombing Iraqi air defense sites. I think in 1998 there was a comprehensive bombing of Iraq without warning.
There are probably just paving the way for ground troups.

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 09:05 AM
link   
They have repeatedly bombed Iraqi radar sites that threaten Allied aircraft patrolling the no-fly zones which is done to protect Kurds north and minority Shiites in the south. This is nothing new. Iraq continually tries to shoot down Allied aircraft patrolling these zones.
The bombing in 98 that you�re all referring to was done because Iraq threw out UN weapons inspectors and was hardly without warning.

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Still don't understand why we're bombing Iraq, maybe I missed the threats they made or whatever, but have we not got weapons of mass destruction?

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 11:34 AM
link   
yes the US does have all kinds of weapons of mass destruction because the US is so "controlled" and would "never" use them.

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted by Lexus Panther

Still don't understand why we're bombing Iraq, maybe I missed the threats they made or whatever, but have we not got weapons of mass destruction?

Well it doesn't help if we have weapons of mass destruction to retaliate if they have already used their's. WMD would have a much greater impact in the west then the middle east.
Hence the bombing and possible invasion of Iraq is a preemptive measure to prevent their first use.
Thus avoiding disaster. I hope that explains it a bit better.

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I dunno, Lex, what possible difference could you see between the U.S. and Sandman Insane? I mention him in specific, and not the nation of Iraq, as he is a despot in control of a nation, whereas the U.S. is a nation of laws that is predictable because of that.
Not to mention we haven't wiped out entire towns of our own with nerve agent, and we haven't gone to war with a neighbor to steal land since we ripped off the Mexicans; not that I see Texas as that great of value.

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 02:23 AM
link   
With regard to the unlikely/possible/probable/certain attack on Iraq- there�s a rather alarming little tale here about how the US did in war games that could well as served as the rehearsal for any Iraq engagement.
www.guardian.co.uk...

top topics

join