It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You For Or Against A War With Iran/North Korea?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
I don't remember us going to war with Sudan though and they have a lot of oil?

That's because China is involved in oil exploitation in Sudan. Oil has everything to do with it why nothing is done about Sudan. It is not just the US in this world that is after oil. Every country is.

Originally posted by deltaboy
now u are being hypocrite wen u compare Rwanda to Iraq with oil and no oil and u make an excuse about Bosnia and Kosovo because we intervene on countries that have no oil so u make a statement about killing Serb civilians and dont mention anithing about no oil in those nations.

Oh please, don't pretend oil had nothing to do with Iraq. Plus I merely illustrated it as an example for a difference in the motives. Different situations can justify different responses, so your claim it should either be no criticisms in both cases or criticism in both cases is not necessarily true. Besides, I'm not saying every war the US fights is about oil either, don't put words into my mouth that I haven't said.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Lol, yeah, like the American government would wast billions of billions of dollars just to bring freedom to the starving for it people.
Bush: "no no no we do not need your oil, no way, no no no no, we will supply you our extra-virgin american democracy for free, FREE OF CHARGE"

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I just have to say something in reply to the last few posts. Please DO NOT lump all Americans in with the people who run our country (into the ground)! I didn't start a war and I sure as hell didn't poke my nose into any other country's business. You also have to realize that you are just picking on the US and generalizing because it's the thing to do nowadays when you fail to warn other countries to mind their business. The UK, for example, spends huge money on aid and forces to help other countries, but you don't seem to mind them. Don't you think they are also imposing their agenda on the nations they help? Please, if you are going to point fingers make sure you don't have your blinders on while doing it.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
of course we do understand that some part of the american society is ... ummmm pro-bush, other's are not, but since this is a discussion forum, it is a place where the international representatives could try to influence the way of thinking of the pro-bush part and change it to a more peaceful.
People are different, you same as we are have different people, but it is really scary to say that the american society tends to be more egoistic towards the rest of the world.
Based on my personal experience.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberianHusky
You also have to realize that you are just picking on the US and generalizing because it's the thing to do nowadays when you fail to warn other countries to mind their business.

Errr......no!

The US started the war in Iraq and thats why people pick on them.They will also start many more wars in the future!

The US has a tendency to start wars and probably always will.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I find it amazing that the addage that people need weapons for security, is still lobbied around. America, with all it's weapons, and nukes seem to be the most frieghtened and timid creatures. Not all ofcourse, but the overall appearance is somehow armed to the teeth shooting at every shadow in a dark hallway.

Weapons do not promote peace - that is like saying ice cream promotes thiness.

As the old saying goes, if you don't start none, there wouldn't be none.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Identity_Unknown

Originally posted by CyberianHusky
You also have to realize that you are just picking on the US and generalizing because it's the thing to do nowadays when you fail to warn other countries to mind their business.

Errr......no!

The US started the war in Iraq and thats why people pick on them.They will also start many more wars in the future!

The US has a tendency to start wars and probably always will.

Ok, I'll bite.... please list all the wars that the United States started. And I'll give you a hint... you can't count WWII, Vietnam, or Korea. I think you'll find a lot less were started by this country than you believe. I would have to say most of the countries that gave us crap about Iraq are far more guilty of this. Granted, they have a longer history.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I am getting a little bit tired and alot fed up with people slamming my country!!!

Lets get a few facts straight here.

1. The United States doesn't have to invade anyone. If we were the warmongering creitins that some people are trying to make us out to be we could have resolved Iraq and Afghanistan in about 12 hours. About 2 Trident missiles would be all it would take. No we chose to do it the hard way and try to remove the threat without mass killings. Check the numbers the Iraqi insurgents have killed more of their own civilians than the U.S. has. In WWII there was a tactic used called Reconnaissance by Fire. It was simple, effective and saved American lives. It worked by simply blasting to bits any place where the enemy might be hidden.
It is not being used in Iraq due to the fact that it causes unnecessary civilian casualties. Instead we risk our soldiers lives to make sure that only armed insurgents are killed. Yes mistakes happen it isn't perfect, but it is better than what could be done.

2. Who needs missiles or planes to use nuclear weapons? Through out its history the US has maintained both an open border and open trade policy. We can't stop the flow of drugs and illegal aliens from crossing our borders, what makes anyone think that we can stop a nuclear bomb? This makes hostile countries with unstable governments a direct threat to the US. I don't believe in invading North Korea or Iran. We don't have to. We don't even have to use nukes. A series of airstrikes would leave either country unable to even feed itself if we chose.

3. If China would have minded its own business in 1951 we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now. By the way the same type of air attacks would leave China unable to feed itself as well.

The problem is that the US probably wouldn't use these tactics because they would cause extreme hardship to the civilian populations of these countries.

What I find ironic is that the same people who say that the US should take care of itself and stay out of the business of other countries are the same ones who screamed bloody murder when the tsunami hit last December and said that the US wasn't doing enough.

Think about this. On September 17, 2004 rain from Hurricane Ivan flooded out my house costing me several thousand dollars in repairs and my government wouldn't help me. Yet how much money did the US send to the tsunami victims and others around the world who needed help?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If the following article is found to be true; would it change anybodys views on military action against Iran?

US Finds Iranian Weapons In Iraq! (From ATSNN)

U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said Tuesday that weapons recently confiscated in Iraq were "clearly, unambiguously from Iran" and admonished Tehran for allowing the explosives to cross the border.

Iran's defense minister denied the claims in a report carried by the state-run news agency IRNA.

According to Ali Shamkhani, Iran is playing no role in Iraqi affairs, including "its alleged involvement in bomb explosions."

The shipment of sophisticated bombs was confiscated in the past two weeks by U.S. and Iraqi troops in southern Iraq, senior U.S. officials said Monday.

Mic

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join