It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You For Or Against A War With Iran/North Korea?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I recently started the thread Are You For Or Against The War In Iraq? and had an amazing response from members.

My next question is this:

If Iran And North Korea Continue With Their Nuclear Programs, Would You Support A War???

I personally believe NK to be more of a threat to the west, not only because they already have nuclear weapons, but because Kim Jong II has no respect whatsoever for anyone but himself (not even the people of NK).

And i believe Iran would be less likely to launch an attack on the west due to Israel also being a nuclear power and being well within reach of launching her own nukes if the US asked nice enough.

But i wouldnt support an invasion of either country, if the US does decide to react to the threat of these two countries i think it should be done by airstrike only as the western public wouldnt respond very well to more of our boys being sent half way round the world again so soon!

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Iran-undecided

North Korea-way over due, we should have took out Kim a long time ago.
Yes, war NK is more than justified.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Invasion no, but total destruction of ther nuclear facilities yes...

No point in invading them, with the current Be nice tactics we gotta use these days.. its only gotten hmm, a couple thousand of our men and women killed..

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
i wouldnt agree with a war on neither state. Reaons why;

Iran - it would cause more problems in the middle east and islamic terrorists would have a field day with lots of people signing up to their groups. It would result in mass chaos in the middle east and probably would create alot of problems in the real world too.

North Korea - Crazy Kim has nukes. He isn't scared to use them either. Rub him the wrong way and one of his neighbours will end up with a nuke in their backyard. A war with North Korea, will result in a nuclear war, something the world doesn't want.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
its better to have airstrikes or at least sabotage against the facilities. they pretty much cant do anithing about invasions since we are undermaned.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Iran - airstrikes and bombings on confirmed nuclear sites should be good enough. Not need to have an all out war.

NK - Yes. But only if we do things right. Even here an invasion isn't necessary, but if we were going to it should be only after a month or so of heavy bombing and with a real invasion force. I doubt we'd invade NK though.

A war with North Korea, will result in a nuclear war, something the world doesn't want.

A nuclear war between who?
If against the US, it'd be pretty much a one sided fight. If they launched a nuke at us or our allies a much more likely scenario is that we wipe them out without nuking them back (we'd have every right to - it'd be a waste though).

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Opposed to both.

"Preemptive" strikes in both cases will only make matters worse, and solidify the domestic political power of the regimes in question. And it will also increase their determination to develop a viable nuclear deterrent capability.

Invasion, in either case, is a pipe dream.
Without a draft, we don't have the troop strength to pull it off.

[edit on 5/24/05 by xmotex]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
wrong thread

[edit on 24/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Iran - I believe negotiations can be successful here. If we truly transfer power to the Iraqis and withdraw within the next few years, Iran we see that we are not a threat to their borders and may tone it down a bit.

North Korea - last time I checked we were still at war with them, and only operating under the terms of a "cease fire". Somebody else posted an article today on ATS in which eyewitness accounts told of entire families being gassed for chem wep experimentation, while scientists looked on from behind glass windows. Concentration camps. Mass starvation. Outright military hostilities against the South. Open nuclear threats. If even only 1/4 of the allegations of what Kim is doing to his own people are true, then the entire world, inluding China and Russia, are guilty for letting these people suffer and die. You would think those people who suffered similar atrocities at the hands of the Nazis would be screaming blue bloody murder at this point...........

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm for strategic bombing of both, but no full-scale invasion.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
These silly "are you for or against" threads are pointless! We can be against it for forty forevers...and it will do nothing! We can be for and it will do nothing. The government will do exactly what it wants to do and doesn’t matter whether, we the people, agree or not!

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
These silly "are you for or against" threads are pointless! We can be against it for forty forevers...and it will do nothing! We can be for and it will do nothing. The government will do exactly what it wants to do and doesn’t matter whether, we the people, agree or not!

Since you have appointed yourself overseer of whether or not threads are pointless, please save us all quite a bit of time by providing a list of acceptable topics.

Thank you.

[edit on 5/24/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The US couldn't possibly win a war against either country, especially with the already stretched resources in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I think COle makes a good point, destroying nuclear facilities would be a good option with North Korea at least. However, I think Iran is less volatile militarily, and there is no concrete evidence that their nuclear project is not geared towards power generation.

Invasion would be foolish though, think of the problems encountered in Iraq. That was with negligable resistance from an organised army. North Korea in particular has a much larger and better equipped army than Iraq.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Okey Dokey Lady V!!!

So from now on nobody on ATS can talk about......well anything.

I mean whats the point in disscusing Area 51? We'll never know whats there!!!

And whats the point in talking about aliens? We may never know if we are alone!!!

I really dont like being rude on the board but i think it was your post that was pointless!!!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I dont believe that the US should invade NK or Iran but something must be done NOW to halt their nuclear weapons programs!

Kim Jong II is just plain mad and wont hesitate to use his arsenal and Iran having nuclear weapons will cause to much unrest in the Middle East.

Airstrikes are the answer!!!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Iran is reaaly not much of a worry. Most of the society has already adopted western cultures. It's only the religious mullha's which run the country which are the problem.

North Korea - If we cut aid and leave them alone, they will make the first move and that will be their last. I would think maybe a black ops team to take Kim Jong II out would probably be best.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Absolutly! Invade and destroy any country that dosen't agree with our brand of freedom. If they can't see that God is ON OUR SIDE they have no right to exist. The nerve of any country wanting to determine their own destiny. Crush them and let that be a lesson to any other country that dosen't conform to the coalition of the WILLING. I'm sick and tired of all these "libs" and their political correctness. We're a warrior nation and we should do what we do best, KILL. After all, why did we build up the strongest military on the planet if not to conquer the weaker nations and bring them around to our way of thinking. Bring back the draft and make sure that all the true patriots on this site do their part to participate in the most wonderful CRUSADE to spread Freedom, justice and liberty for all. Any country that cant conform I say "KILL em all and let GOD sort em out".

Just a little Sarcasm!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
North Korea - If we cut aid and leave them alone, they will make the first move and that will be their last. I would think maybe a black ops team to take Kim Jong II out would probably be best.

We cannot cut aid as NK is already a starving nation but you are right about the SAS/Delta Force etc needing to take out Kim!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yeah i agree, kill em all, you can't have a government thats willing to break international law to invade another country in control of nuke's,
that's just crazy........

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Opposed to both

The US Army is insufficient for any ground invasion, and air strikes could yield nuclear warfare in both cases.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join