It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Wal-Mart Sued By Former Employees

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i have tried very hard to find better paying work. this includes someone giveing me $2000 to take a kills upgrade type of course (i couldn't even think of paying for it on my own). i did rather well in it but i still am unable to find a better paying job. i can find all sorts of work that pay me the same but that won't help. i don't even get calls for interviews. i have on occasion tried to press the issue but have been told things like "i am sorry but we need minorities to conform to government standards, as such we can not hire someone like you".

as for stocking shelves, it hould be higher paid it's not like they are sitting on their butts like a lot of higher paid people shuffling paper. they actualy work rather hard. you try to stock 100 tiires or a couple of skids of car batteries, restack a few skids of washer fluid in under 20 min., then eplain why it dosn't deserve more pay. it is phisical labour. the fact that one realy may not be the smartest is no reason to not pay them equil to what they do. this grunt work is what makes the store money. lets not forget those that may work on cars. do you realy like the fact that some kid is being paid next to nothing to insure that your car is done correctly while they are being constantly harrased to do more cars faster? your $20,000 car can and does suffer because of this.

people are not asking for more than they deserve. they ask only be paid enough that they can survive without haveing to work two or more full time jobs. especialy when those jobs tend to be phisicaly demanding and tireing. i can see those papper pushers able to work more than one job so perhaps they are the ones who should be paid les? would you like to be pushed to your limmits but not be ablee to afford to live?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Wa Wa-

It sounds like every job that I have ever had.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
WA WA WA....Capitalism is harsh yet rewarding. There are jobs out there its just that you have to work to get them. I am waiting tables right now and probably make more than a wal-mart employee, but then after i get off my night shift i'll goto wal-mart to get something and what do i see? Workers taking their lazy ass time stocking shelves. If you do not hustle, you do not only NOT deserve higher pay, but in my opinion deserve the pay you are recieving. In my line of business you get below minimum wage ($2.15 per hour) plus tips, but if you slack and do not cater to the customer you don't get tips. It's as simple as that. Work harder and you get paid higher. If you don't you leave.

Here's a great example for all of you who think that things are not possible for change without suing or bitching. My step-father in the 1960's worked for a train break company and suddenly hit a glass ceiling. Unless he was a WASP he couldn't climb any higher in the company. This was impossible as an Irish Roman Catholic. So what did he do? He quit that job and went to work for RCA records where the CEO was Jewish and cared not for the religion nor ethnicity of the workers, but performance only. He went onto have a career of 30yrs of service.

If work sucks, leave and find another source of income. No one in america should have to work more than one job.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
All I have to comment is 'welcome to the retail business'.

If any of you have worked at any retail place, it's very common that they will not let you leave/ make you work overtime but won't pay you "overtime" rates to stay on the clock. They'll just make you work like 15 hours that day and cut your hours the next day.

Retail is a dirty business to work in - you can't make a living working at pretty much any place as "floor staff" - Wal-Mart is not the only place which is like this.

I have a friend who used to work at Wal-Mart and he recently quit his job at the CompUSA I used to work at; he said he liked working at Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart is always attacked because they're probably one of the few major huge multinationals which are operating independantly of the Zionists. Because they always drive down prices for the consumer, Wal-Mart is boss to many big companies like Proctor & Gamble, and that's just cool.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bly Magister
All I have to comment is 'welcome to the retail business'.

Wal-Mart is always attacked because they're probably one of the few major huge multinationals which are operating independantly of the Zionists. Because they always drive down prices for the consumer, Wal-Mart is boss to many big companies like Proctor & Gamble, and that's just cool.

what if.....? the chinese and the zionists are working, ......(shocked expression
), TOGETHER!!!! hegelian dialectic makes the world go round.

small independents are the ones who get crushed until there ARE no consumers. there is only the very, very poor, and the tiny population of very, very, very, very rich.

that's just not cool at all. mega corporations SUCK. it's nothing less than watered down slavery. it's getting worse. i'm glad you're enjoying the death throes of america.

[edit on 29-5-2005 by billybob]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
droggo, in an Capitalistic society, there will always be people who do better than you and worse than you. PERIOD. Of course there are the top and the bottom but the vast majority fits this.

Think outside the box. You want to make more? Go into sales. Teach a man to sell and he will never go hungry. Mechanics make pretty good money. I just did a loan for a 20 year old kid who has been a mechanic for 2 years. He is at the starting, base, lowest pay rate and he makes 28k a year and that is in a low cost of living area. He and his wife who is in school full time and works full time as a cashier(she makes 19k a year) Just bought a new house, had 10% down, no car payments and no credit card debt. She is going to be a nurse when she finishes college. They aren't crying, they are working

I did a loan a few years ago for a guy who was just a plain car mechanic making about 50k a year(which is average) and he opened his own transmission shop. He makes 250k a year. Yeah Capitalism!!

The owner of my company has a high school degree. He got out of school and went to work pumping gas, then he cleaned carpets, then he sold cars. He started doing mortgages and is a sharp guy. He is a millionaire as far as portfolios go. HE didn't cry about not finding a job, he found one. We are certainly not in the super job market area of the world either.

I know waiters at upscale restaurants who make 70k a year. They are good at what they do though. Not just any joe can do that job

If you can't find a job you want, find a job that pays. They are out there, you have to think out of the box though.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Amen to that llpoolej. BTW nice name. However, back to the subject. If you think Wal-Mart is there to be your friend then get over it. They are here to make money at the expense of you. Suck it up or move on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join