It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justices to Rule on Abortions for Minors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The Supreme court has agree to listen to an abortion case, the first in five years.

This case is about minors seeking abortions without parental permission in case of health related problems.

Thirty-three states have laws that require doctors to notify a parent, or obtain their consent, before performing an abortion on a girl under age 18. Californians will have a chance to vote on a parental notification law, either in a special election this fall or on the next scheduled vote in June 2006.

Many people are surprised about the justices taking a case like this one after five years of debates.

www.newsalerts.com...:us0:157512

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
minors should absolutely be able to have abortions unbeknownst to their parents

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm constantly amazed that other people think that they have any say whatsoever as to whether someone else can get an abortion.
I mean, maybe, maybe, people who work for the poor and try to resolve their problems and have adopted as many children as possible can say something, but the vast majority of anti-abortion people loose all interests in these 'children' once they are born, and god forbid those kids commit a crime, then they're calling for their death.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I am amazed too, not only by people outrage when it comes with abortion issues but also, how readily they are to judge others as long as they are not judge back.

If you leave it to radical fundamentalist in our country women will be dying in childbirth because that is the reason they are women to begin with, to pay for the sins of creation.

Regarless of health related issues or personal choices.

Our country will become no better than third world countries when it comes to women rights.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
When I was a kid, no one could give me an aspirin without a parent's permission...now schools are letting girls go get an abortion without parental notification and no one here sees a problem with that. :shk:

top topics

join