It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Setting Timezone in profile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
For some reason no matter how many times I set the timezone under settings-> edit profile it always goes back to default. Am I doing something wrong or is this not working at the moment?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
As far as I know you have to set it every time you go into settings. This has been a glitch for a long time.

Make it the last thing you do every time before hitting submit. That's the way I do it and it works for me.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I must be missing something, its not quite working for me or I'm doing it wrong.

I go to edit profile, I change it to my timezone I click edit profile and when that page reloads it never actually changes my timezone.

Ah well, just a small quirk

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Cito, the only place it posts time corrected to your zone is in the post/replies.
I think the GMT time value at the top will not change to your time zone....as far as I know.

HTH

[edit on 24-5-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The little timer up top displays GMT time, as it says.

GMT: 5/25/2005 @ 00:08

As for your profile, you need to change that every time you go into it. I would disagree with Gools, make it the first thing you do when you enter your profile. Eventually, it will be so natural, you'll just do it. Everytime that page reloads, it will reset, and will seem like nothing happened. As long as you don't go back to check it worked, it will work.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Don't tell them where you are.........

Inputting a Time Zone will allow others to assertain which 1:24th of the planet you live on.

Be careful, and avoid this feature. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO'S WATCHING.......

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Don't tell them where you are.........

Inputting a Time Zone will allow others to assertain which 1:24th of the planet you live on.

Be careful, and avoid this feature. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO'S WATCHING.......

yupp...

remember:

they see ALL

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Let's see...

We've currently got about 6.1 Billion people on Earth. 1/24th of that is 251 million people in each slice.

Don't worry, we won't find you. Worry more about your IP, which you can't help broadcasting.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Don't worry, we won't find you. Worry more about your IP, which you can't help broadcasting.

Oh God!!!!!!!! "anxietydisorder" stops posting. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP........

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The Time Is Now

Man, it would be so cool if that "glitch" got fixed.

I can't tell you how agonizing it can be to live on Eniwetok time when, in truth, I'm more of a Kwajalein sympathizer.

But seriously, remembering my timezone would be a Great Leap Forward for ATS configuration technology.

top topics

join