It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sitchin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Just wondering if anyone here has read any Sitchin books and your opinions on his theories.
I started reading the first in the series and then decided to get a book on mesopotamian myths .
I've just devlved into another of his books. I'm actually finding them quite scary as alot of the information about ancient civilisations seems indesputable. I've never really questioned evolution as much before either.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I've read a couple of his books. I have a hard time believing everything he says. He tries too hard to put everything together. He will say look here its a picture of the solar system and look there is Nibiru. All I see are a couple of stars. I recommend reading at least on of his books. He will give you a differant perspective on things,and will make you think..........

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have read 3 of the Earth chronicles and find them, like you Lileth very eye opening and I to have purchased further literature on the Mesopatamian civilisation.
I must say he is pretty convincing with his theories.
I believe all religious people should take time out to study the beliefs and culture of these people as I think it will help them to get closer to the foundations of their own religions.
You may be interested to know the Sitchin makes numerous trips to the Vatican to debate his theories with the roman catholic church. Check out his site, it's very interesting.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
thanks pixiliar - will look in to that

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I've read his books, he repeats alot of his information, but I like the thoughts he presents. Too many people laugh at him, so did others who thought our world was FLAT, or not the Center of the Universe. He points out how the OLDER civilizations knew more about the universe than we today on the planets. So he is like a UFO abductee trying to tell a world what he see's, belief runs the same for his tale about a 12th planet as those who listen to abductee's.
If what he is telling is a truth then it goes against all that is taught and perhaps that is why some don't like his idea's. For me there are things in this world that just don't add up, using some of his thoughts they could make sense with a 12th planet which comes by every 3600 years + or - a few years bringing trouble with it's gravitation pull on us.

Michael

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I found his explainations not very believable after I started doing a little reading.

After I entered my current degree program (Anthropology/Archaeology) I found them to be totally bogus -- and his scholarship to be dismal. You'd get better research out of a high school student.

He will take material that is known to be correct and mangle it to a new interpretation and then fit things around it. It's like seeing someone taking the "Mary Had A Little Lamb" rhyme and twisting it and hammering on it until "Mary" turned out to be a prophetic figure that meant "Korean" and the "little lamb" was George Bush and putting it all together to say that heaven was created by Bush who is a Christ-like figure but who is being led into the beyond by Korea and that Bush will become a sacrifical victim when Kim Jong Il cuts his throat at some state dinner.

THAT is how badly Sitchin mangles things.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You should try reading Alan Alford's Gods of the New Millenium. He's heavily influenced by Sitchin.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I like what he has on his site about the Olmec

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I read the first book of the Earth Chronicles....i really liked it but some of it was hard to believe.
im not sure if i believe everything!
it was cool though cause some of the stuff came up in my ancient civilization class

new topics

top topics

join