It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaur engraved in an artifact

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Hmm, those pictures that Nygdan brought forth make it appear like a damn rat. Heh.

The 'experts' at answersingenesis used all their expertise and concluded that its 'very much like euryops'.

demorior
i know the sites christian

Answers in gensis isn't 'just' christian tho.

from them
Answers in Genesis is a Christian apologetics ministry that equips the church to uphold the authority of the Bible from the very first verse

IOW, 'we make stuff up so that the bible can sound more factual, since it sounds so crazy to begin with'.

More importantly, I beleive that they are one of the several creationist groups that requires members to affirm certain dogmas and only provide research that fronts that dogma.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
One possibility was brought up in an ATS thread:

Mokele-mbembe (Dinosaur in africa)

On the second page several ancient artifacts are presented that depict a sauropod. If Egyptian art made reference to it, it doesn't seem quite as absurd that the English did (through the progression of Egypt to Greece to Rome).

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Here is the problem. You can't interpet art of an extict culture. This is just a basic rule in anthropology. If you could do this, you would have to assume that Australian Aboriginies had x-ray machines, for instance, because their art style involved depicting animals as if they had been skinned or as if they were x-ray radiographs.

Even more strange are things which look like mastodons on Mayan base relief. But mastodons never made it that far south and the Maya were seperated from mastodon extinction by roughly 10,000 years. They were drawing something else which reminded us ---us not them--of mastodons.

The "aliens" in African cave art from "African" Neolithic times is another example of moderns reading things into the art of those long departed which only we can conceptualize.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
People in the 15th century used to draw animals based on discriptions rather than on sight, this could easily be an example of a man trying to draw a tiger without ever seeing one, or something similar to that.

Also if there were dinosaurs in 15th century england somone would have written it down!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
BYRD is a woman!!???
no wonder she argued point blank for AAAAGGGEESSSS

.....yea i think its a fake but i could be wrong. after all their are many photos going around of pterodactyls being shot down and then burned along with other stuff....maybe there are a few around.....theyve probably evolved to the sea though...down deep where whatever wiped out the dinosaurs couldnt harm them..maybe they still have the ability to come on land....these are all wild guesses though

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
BYRD is a woman!!???
no wonder she argued point blank for AAAAGGGEESSSS

And not only that, but I'm one of the Evyl Liberal Feminists from the 1970's. A real leftover hippie! (that usually scares 'em.)

.....yea i think its a fake but i could be wrong. after all their are many photos going around of pterodactyls being shot down

...which are fake (the folks who did it never intended it to be released as a "we shot a pterodactyl for real" photo.)

...theyve probably evolved to the sea though...down deep where whatever wiped out the dinosaurs couldnt harm them..maybe they still have the ability to come on land....

I'm afraid the sauropods were a dead-end evolutionarily. But they're REALLY interesting because they evolved into the largest land animals that ever lived. But when you have a global ecodisaster (the effects of the Chicxulub asteroid strike) it's the large things that can't find enough food and can't adapt that die off:
www.sauropod-dinosaurs.uni-bonn.de...

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I've no idea how long the cultures of the orient have depicted dragons, but the voyages of Marco Polo would have brought Europe in contact with those legends probably by about the 15th Century.
I don't think this means Europeans had saurian examples for such carvings however.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I know my logic sounds a bit backwrd but I think this more of discredits itself and dragons. There have never been any bodies (of either found Sauropods and dragons) BUt to live on for another 65 million years since the extinction would require a large pop. And Britain isnt very big if there was a breeding population it would have been found.

BUt what if someone found bones of a sauropod and guessed it's shape of this 'ancient creature.' Then 2 blokes at seperate occasions see one a T-rex the other a pterasaur(sp?.) Then they get drunk in a conversation over it. By the end they descibe they both saw the bones of the same animal. Then one of them slayed it, it was this big (and for good measure to make us sound better it could breat fire.)

end of

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Guy you sould also check out the ica stones from south america with also depict dinosaurs(and other strange things like surgery,telescopes ect..)

paranormal.about.com...

paranormal.about.com.../XJ&sdn=paranormal&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.viewzone.com%2Fdinostone.ica.html

I personally find these very interesting, one of the true archological enigmas.

Merkz out (PS sorry about the long link)

[edit on 6-6-2005 by Merkeva]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join