It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Thanks God for Rescue; A Real Miracle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
In today's news.. An 8-year old girl, a victim of rape who was left for dead in a dumpster, covered by stones and rubble.. Though she was found she thanks God alone for that...

CNN.com Full Article Link

LAKE WORTH, Florida (CNN) -- An 8-year-old girl who police say was raped and left for dead in a landfill asked for a pastor "so she could thank God" shortly after her rescue from beneath a pile of stones, her godmother said Monday.

Police said the girl also identified her attacker even before she was removed Sunday from a trash bin at the abandoned South Florida landfill.

"She stated that she wanted a pastor to pray with her so she could thank God for saving her life," Lisa Taylor, the godmother, told CNN. "She's 8 years old. Isn't that the most beautiful thing you've ever heard?"

The girl was being treated Monday at St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What is a miracle?

Is this an example?

If God can answer the prayers of this one child, and save her from certain death.. and this is a real miracle.. what about the prayers of everyone else?

If God can save a child like the one in today's news.. why can't this supreme being also save the starving children of the world?

Why can't he save the world from war?

Why can't he save man from himself?

Was God involved in saving this girl at all?

Gazz

[edit on 23-5-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It is possible he did. The reasons why he may have are numerous, but at the same time, when weighed against reasons why he chooses to let other children die horrible deaths makes the reasons for such intervention far more complex and impossible to answer with any degree of certainty.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Gazz, He knows every hair on every head, he knows the need of every bird. Sin and evil in the world was not His desire, and the bad that we cause is not in His will, but everything will eventually end for the good.

He knew the little girl was in dire need. I can't say if He moved the cop to look in the bin, but I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
What is a miracle?

Is this an example?

Depends, to some a sun rise is a miracle

If God can answer the prayers of this one child, and save her from certain death.. and this is a real miracle.. what about the prayers of everyone else?

If God can save a child like the one in today's news.. why can't this supreme being also save the starving children of the world?

When God decides its our time, then its our time. If He decide through his ultimate wisdom it was not time then its not her time.

Why can't he save the world from war?

Why can't he save man from himself?

Humans have free choice, what else can I tell ya. Free choice was a gift from God, if those of us choose to use it for evil then that is a sad thing

Was God involved in saving this girl at all?

Yes. He is in everything.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What a fortunate 8-yr old.

"Thank God, for getting me raped"
"Thank God, for getting me thrown mercilessly in a dumpster to rot"
"Thank God, for putting me at the verge of dying"

This is whats wrong with people like that. The 8-yr old is so brainwashed that she doesnt even know who to thank. No thanks to the cop eh?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s

I'd say she's really bloody lucky rather than a miracle.. except for the brutal rape, attempted murder and dumping part. I wonder why god doesn't 'spare' all those other kids?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s

This is whats wrong with people like that. The 8-yr old is so brainwashed that she doesnt even know who to thank. No thanks to the cop eh?

So your in the grip of satan...
He has ripped off an arm
He has ripped off a leg
You pray and are spared your life...

and you want to be bitter about the arm and leg.
She wants to praise God for saving grace, you should be a student to her and learn the lesson

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It would have been a miracle if she died, then she could be with her god and not here in hell.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It would be a horrific memory to deal with. all women would have difficulty going though a trauma like that- but at least they'd have their childhoods intact. It sickens me that i share the same planet with such sick filth.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by riley]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
It would have been a miracle if she died, then she could be with her god and not here in hell.

???!!!

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

So your in the grip of satan...
He has ripped off an arm
He has ripped off a leg
You pray and are spared your life...

and you want to be bitter about the arm and leg.
She wants to praise God for saving grace, you should be a student to her and learn the lesson

Darn right i'll be bitter if my arm and leg is ripped off even if i always prayed to god. I'm supposed to be happy over leftovers?

Yea lets learn a lesson from her....we might as well fire all the cops and doctors and psychiatrists she might have gone to....who needs them right?
If by thanking fellow humans god's popularity is decreased I dont know what to say....

[edit on 24-5-2005 by I_s_i_s]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
No, Isis, this is why you should be happy. You should be happy that, even though we have all earned a place in a Hell that was created for Satan and the fallen angels now called demons, God saw fit to make the ultimate sacrifice so that no matter what happens in this world that Adam signed over to Satan, you can spend eternity in Heaven.

The misery, suffering and evilness that we have brought into this world due to our sinful ways are not due to God's will. Place blame on the rightful recipients.

Do you know what this child is going to grow up to be? Me, either. Can God take her experience and help her put it to good use? Ceretainly. If this girl remains in God's footsteps, she might even go on to be a counselor, helping others struggling with horrible experiences.

One thing is for sure, Christ was clear about harming one of His children. You'd be better off tieing a millstone around your neck and flinging yourself into the sea. He didn't say that every wrongful act conducted in this world would be arrested, but He did make it clear that there are consequences.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
if you took out her "prayer" and her witnessing, is it still a miricle that she is alive and can go back to her parents? and that her parents don't have to lose a child? I'd say yes.

But from the story, the girls faith gave her strength to endure such a horrible ordial. I cannot say for certain, but I would be willing to go out on a limb and say there probly is going to be less consuling and medication needed then if the girl did not have such strong faith.

Pain is temporary, and only makes you stronger, to invite death only tempts God to take away what was originally his to give.

top topics

join