It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The recent applause

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
When a member starts a good thread he/she gets an applause by a mod if they are really good and on the side it sais which members have been applauded recently. So I ask why not put a link to their name to see which thread they made got them the applause? How are we supposed to know which one it is that is so good?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Its not only for a good thread, its also for a good response to the thread

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
And it's also for continually doing a good job like helping new members out, being a friendly person. Offering a good idea etc. It's alot more fuzzy then Warns are(is it just me or have there been a total lack of red tags lately? Odd)

Warns are usually very clear cut and obvous. Applaus is not always so.

[edit on 23-5-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Its not only for a good thread, its also for a good response to the thread

Oh I didnt know that part.

Well it should still be linked to it so we can be able to see their great repsonse then.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The staff is always trying to foster posts from the Members that are good. Yet I dont see the reasoning behind displaying the warns, and links to the posts that members got warned for, while the applauses are kinda off to the side and just says that a member got appluaded. The way I see it Bad Posts (warns) should be downplayed some, and Good Posts (applauses) should be given more attention, so people will know what a good post looks like.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This subject seems to come up again and again.

I'm gonna quote RANT from another disucssion:

This is a prime example of why (in my opinion) it would be fruitless to link to applause even if it were technically possible. We'd start drama like why'd he/she get applause for THAT? It's not always obvious as in the case of a warn. Granted it is most of the time, but not always. Behind the scenes research, suggestions and contributions add up. People get applause, even though the most recent post may not explain why. Even just diffusing a situation or not taking the bait from a troll that DID get warned could result in applause for the infractured party. Hard to link applause to that person being insulted by another member. Know what I mean?

Another example: If a mod noticed someone that goes out of their way to welcome new members all the time, they may get an applause for it. If linked, it would just be to the most recent instance of a welcome post not out of the ordinary at all, and you'd all think the mod had gone batty for applauding that.

By and large it is for excellent research and posts, but it's much more subjective than warns. Those are by the book. So easy enough to display. Applauds, not so much.

But they are more personal.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think I could say it any better

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'M RUNNING NAKED THROUGH THE FORUMS!

Those in the know, know what this is about. Yeah, it's related before anyone blows a gasket.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You know what else comes up a lot? The Awexome Search Function.

Yeah, check out DTOM's threads.

Closed.

Oh, and he's odd.^

[edit on 5/23/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

top topics

join