It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City BW Terrorism Exercise Announced Then Pulled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I just got this Google news alert

Counter-Terrorism Exercise Scheduled For New York City
Yahoo News (press release) - USA
The New York scenario will involve a simulated terrorist dissemination of a biological warfare agent at an outdoor event in Queens or Brooklyn. ...

I clicked the link to find out more and got this;
------------------------------------------------------------------
Removed
This article has been removed at the request of the news provider, PR Newswire.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
So I Googled -Counter-Terrorism Exercise Scheduled For New York City- and got;

Counter-Terrorism Exercise Scheduled For New York City
Yahoo News (press release) - 6 hours ago
... The exercise is being funded by the US Department of Homeland Security with counter-terrorism funds, and sponsored by the New York City Office of Emergency ...

When I click on the link to find out more, again I get;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Removed
This article has been removed at the request of the news provider, PR Newswire.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I checked with New York City Office of Emergency Management, in order to check if they are planning any biological warfare exercise.

Nothing planned.

www.nyc.gov...

Very strange.

If anyone hears of New York City Counter-Terrorism Exercise being announced in the next week or so, please let me know.

zero lift

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
That's pretty interesting.
I know FEMA have done bio terrorism exercises in Florida last year and there's been a bit of chatter about a bio attack on the East Coast for a while now, almost as if that's what's assumed for the next 9/11.

They've definitly been doing some work out there. Some of these exercises are pretty well thought out. I know they do need to do exercises but how do you define the line between a Northwoods document and preventative practise?

These could come back as useful resources if there's a new 9/11, most likely via a bio/chem means. It's as if they are anticipating it..... or running drills for it under the guise of 'exercises'!

Can't find anything but dead links to what your talking about, maybe they aren't doing a exercise but instead a dry run and they didn't want this one coming out in the news???

Playing Terrorist
After 9/11, the terror-simulation business has boomed. What kinds of scripts are they writing for New York?

From the May 23, 2005 issue of New York Magazine.
newyorkmetro.com...

US holds massive terror exercise
Tuesday, 5 April, 2005
The biggest anti-terrorism exercise held in the US is under way to test its response to attacks involving biological and chemical weapons.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It gets stranger,TheShroudOfMemphis.

Although PR NewsWire appear to have pulled all press releases which refer to the upcoming New York City Counter Terrorist Biological Warfare exercise, one seems to have slipped out.

This can be found on the mysan.de site

--------------------------------------------------------------------

News: Counter-Terrorism Exercise Scheduled For New York City

NEW YORK, May 23 /PRNewswire/ -- The first large-scale test of New York City’s bio-terror plans in concert with federal resources will be exercised on June 1-2 when more than 1,200 federal, state and local players assemble for a realistic training exercise.

NEW YORK, May 23 /PRNewswire/ -- The first large-scale test of New York City’s bio-terror plans in concert with federal resources will be exercised on June 1-2 when more than 1,200 federal, state and local players assemble for a realistic training exercise.

The New York scenario will involve a simulated terrorist dissemination of a biological warfare agent at an outdoor event in Queens or Brooklyn. As soon as New York officials discover that they are under attack, they will urgently request emergency medical supplies from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Ga., from the Strategic National Stockpile Program. The program is designed to supplement or re-supply state and local health agencies in the event of a terrorist or other emergency. The exercise is code-named POD-EX, for "points of distribution," and will involve many sites for distribution of anti-toxins.

The exercise is being funded by the US Department of Homeland Security with counter-terrorism funds, and sponsored by the New York City Office of Emergency Management. The Titan Corporation of San Diego has been contracted to design and conduct the exercise.

Titan, the preeminent national leader of such exercises designed to react effectively to Chemical, Biological or Radiological attacks, executes about 150-200 full scale or tabletop exercises each year throughout the United States.

To arrange coverage, please contact Jared Bernstein at the New York City Office of Emergency Management, (718) 422-4831 or [email protected].

To interview a Titan representative, contact William G. Armstrong Jr. at The Dilenschneider Group, (212) 922-0900, or [email protected].

Posted on Monday, May 23 @ 18:55:39 CEST by PRNewsWire

www.mysan.de...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The New York City Office of Emergency Management, a major player in this proposed exercise, appears to have no information about it on their website.

Very strange.

zero lift

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Perhaps if you are interested in knowing why this was pulled you should try to contact this person - To interview a Titan representative, contact William G. Armstrong Jr. at The Dilenschneider Group, (212) 922-0900, or [email protected].

Just a thought.

Another thought! Wasn't the 9-11 attack also "practiced" by our gov before the actual event?

top topics

join