It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Was "The Moon" Created ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by expert999
there is enough water on the earth to cover the whole earth about a mile and a half to two miles deep.

WHAT?!

Think. About. That. Just think.

If it were the case you'd be 2.5 miles worth of water dead. Why? Physics, like the simple behavior of fluids.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I just said that there is enough to cover the whole earth. that is if you level out all the land. the continents are still connected, just the low places are filled with water.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
OK, at this juncture I feel we've gone too far off topic, but if you're up for it I'd be willing to continue a discussion with you through u2u.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
ok you dont know where the moon came from.
you do not know how old it is.

either the moon was created or it came to be by some other way of evolving or forming.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I just said that there is enough to cover the whole earth. that is if you level out all the land.

Well, duh. But that's not really saying anything is it?

the continents are still connected, just the low places are filled with water.

No, the continents are not connected underwater.

ok you dont know where the moon came from.
you do not know how old it is.

either the moon was created or it came to be by some other way of evolving or forming.

I don't understand this. You said that you had been studying these things for many years. You should know what the standard theories are and you should be explaining why they are wrong.

The moon came from the earth. A large impactor hit the earth, and this volatilized both bodies. Part of this molten slag was thrown into space, alot of it returned to earth, and some of it stayed in space, forming the moon. The best evidence for this, besides the computer simulations that demonstrate that the phyics make sense and are reasonable, is that the material of which the moon is made up of is extremely similar to the stuff that the crust and mantle of the earth are made up of.

The formation of the moon has nothing to do with evolution. Evolution is the change of biological species thru time. "Cosmic' evolution is the changing of the universe and 'stellar evolution' is the series of stages thru which a star goes. The three things are completely different. Stellar evolution, for example, is a 'controlled' process in which the star burns out and changes during its lifetime in generally predicable ways. Organic evolution is completely inpredictable and is dependant upon the conditions of existence that the species finds itself subjected to. Inorganic evolution, like stellar, cosmic, or even lunar, 'evolution', has nothing to do with biological, darwinina, organic evolution. Any process by which any thing changes, can be called 'evolution', its simply a vulgarization of a latin term meaning, roughly, 'unravelling'. So we can talk about the 'evolution' of the moon, we can look at the evidence and come up with an hypothesis about how it got here, and we can be completely wrong, and it doesn't affect biological evolution at all, becuase its unrelated.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   

yes actually. and there is no crap about it. yes there were mass murderers and there are still some today. racism is not in the bible. and if there is, I would like to see it. sexism is not in the bible. and if there is I would like to see it. massacres? where?

In the bible, God kills all Egyptian firstborns, how could you possibly believe in a God that kills inocent children for the crimes of their parents, or even worse, as their parents are also but mere subjects of an unchosen dictatorial leader, the pharaoh? Sexism is rampant in the bible, denying it implies either you don't know the bible or that you are a vicious sexist that sees nothing wrong with it. Racism is one of the base premises of the bible as well, the whole concept of the jews as a chosen people remember? God favoring people on genetics, being descendents of Abraham.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Im gonna give this a wag. OK, Maybe the moon used to be a planet in our solar system back in the day. And overtime Earth picked it up as our moon, or maybe the two collided or whatever

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Maybe Extraterrestrials had something to do with it. There have been structures spotted on the moon, and think about it, the moon always faces us in the same direction. We never see the dark side of the moon from here. There could be alien bases on the other side, who knows.

[edit on 23-6-2005 by BigPimpin]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
There is no dark side of the moon. There is a side that, because of the rotations of all the bodies invovled, is the only one that faces earth. But the other side of the moon receives sunlight and has been mapped. There are no structures on either side, short of stuff from apollo and the like.

Apollo the moon mission, not the god.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
God created the moon. You know that the moon play a great deal in the ocean tides.

check this out

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
That link contains a bunch of pseudo science or misinterpreted science, specifically designed to keep the sheep who are starting to ask questions about the unscientific ramblings, errors and internal contradictions in the bible from asking more questions.

[edit on 25-6-2005 by Simon666]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
yeah im sure that any site I give you will be wrong since you know alot more than everyone else who can prove evolution wrong.

you just cant except that the universe (uni-verse) was created in six days

did you know that the word uni - verse comes from two latin words?

Uni- meaning: one or single
verse- meaning: spoken sentence

so the universe is a single spoken sentence

I know where to find that... In the Beginning God said let there be... and there is was...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Wasn't it a collision between Niburu and Earth that gave us our moon? If you believe in the Sumarian legends that there is a 10th planet orbiting the sun in a highly eccentric orbit that cycles every 3600 years. Who really knows what happened, without reliable historical data it's just best guessing. Until we develop time travel or time viewing a lot of our planets history is just speculation.

I personally support the collision theory, or maybe Mars had 3 large moons, 1 hit Mars giving it that visible crater and riccochet to hit Earth

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I actually think it is a possibility that all of the "planets" in our solar system were one body.

Due to, likely, instabilty issues, the body maybe exploded due to chemical instability or was impacted by an equally large body. Hence spliting up the mass. It may explain the differing types of "planets" in our solar system. Bodies of pure gas, pure rock and a mixture of both populate our solar system.

[edit on 25-6-2005 by Kriz_4]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
well if you know about the law of the conservation of angular momentum. you would know that you theory would now work. one mass exploding to make just our solar system does not work according to this law.
the same thing is wrong with the big bang theory.

it is obvious that the moon was created along the with the universe and all that is in the universe is younger than 10,000 years old. . one of the moons of jupiter has a hot core and volcanoes and hasnt cooled down yet.

if the earth was billions of years old. the earth wouldnt be rotating right now.
Fact: the earth is slowing down and has been ever since it was created of formed. so either is was spinning really fast, or it shouldnt be spinning right now. you pick.

who on this forum is an evolutionist?
ill tell you straight up, I am a creationist and I believe that God created everything.

where did matter come from?
cuz as far as I know, you all dont know and dont have a logical explanation

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
You seem completely ignorant of just about anything in science. You are completely unaware of:

1. What the law of conservation of angular momentum is and it's implications, as you seem to draw completely false conclusions from it.

2. Dating by radioactive decay - no, NOT carbon dating, that is but ONE method that uses radioactive decay to measure age - points to a universe several billion years old. And I'm not sure why Io having a hot core would have any implications towards the age of the universe. It is kept hot by the tidal forces as it orbits close to Jupiter.

3. That the earth is slowing down but the rate is incredibly slow, which does not remotely point to a universe as young as bible nuts like you claim it is.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
ok, an evolutionist as smarter than me.

he knows all about the law of conservation of angualy momentum.
im sure he could explain to you why the planets in our own solar system are spinning opposite directing, and how some of the moons on some planets have opposite orbits.

im sure that he could explain why everything isnt distributed evenly throughout space.

becuase if the big bang were true, all the matter in the universe would have been in one area. that would make a frictionless environment

im sure that he could tell you why the sun is shrinking and at the rate it is shrinking, it would have been so big that its equator would have been touching the earth 200 million years ago.

im sure that he could tell you that the moon controls the tides and that the moon is moving away, but if it is moving away, that means it used to be closer. and if it was too close, the tides would cause water to cover the earth twice a day.

if the earth is billions of years old. it shoudl have stopped spinning already. and the moon should be long gone. so should the sun.

charles lile and charles darwin didnt know what they were talking about, lile was a lawyer, and darwin only had a degree in theology. and has been rumored to repenting on his death bed for God to save him, wonder why....

evolution is dumb and is not even a good theory.

this universe was created, life is too complex for it to have happened by chance, I think the chance of life evolving from non-living material was like 1 to 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

yeah thats a big number.
it doesnt happen, and if it did, that means that life should be found on other planets. but we havent found that yet either. becuase it doesnt exist. and if it did. I wonder if they have a bible.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   

he knows all about the law of conservation of angualy momentum.
im sure he could explain to you why the planets in our own solar system are spinning opposite directing, and how some of the moons on some planets have opposite orbits. im sure that he could explain why everything isnt distributed evenly throughout space.

Wrong. All planets rotate in the same direction as the sun and retrograde moons were captured and not formed along with the planets they are orbiting, indeed because of the law of conservation of angular momentum.

im sure that he could tell you why the sun is shrinking and at the rate it is shrinking, it would have been so big that its equator would have been touching the earth 200 million years ago.

The sun is losing mass, but it is not remotely near "1% per year" as you originally claimed - this absolutely ridiculous claim would make the sun pretty small in 100 years - and hence would never be as big as you claim it was 200 million years ago.

im sure that he could tell you that the moon controls the tides and that the moon is moving away, but if it is moving away, that means it used to be closer. and if it was too close, the tides would cause water to cover the earth twice a day. if the earth is billions of years old. it shoudl have stopped spinning already. and the moon should be long gone. so should the sun.

The moon IS moving away, but incredibly slow at 4 cm per year. And the formation of the moon was a cataclysmic event and the tides would indeed have been a lot larger than today - however nowhere near enough to cover all of the earth - but so would also the tidal friction which would have increased the distance between earth and moon a lot faster than the 4 cm per year it is today. That the earth should have stopped spinning and the moon long gone if they were billions of years old is also a bogus claim not supported by any calculations of any decent scientist. It is not even possible for the moon to go by itself.

charles lile and charles darwin didnt know what they were talking about, lile was a lawyer, and darwin only had a degree in theology. and has been rumored to repenting on his death bed for God to save him, wonder why....

Darwin repenting on his deathbed is a creationist myth.

this universe was created, life is too complex for it to have happened by chance, I think the chance of life evolving from non-living material was like 1 to 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

yeah thats a big number.
it doesnt happen, and if it did, that means that life should be found on other planets. but we havent found that yet either. becuase it doesnt exist. and if it did. I wonder if they have a bible.

That is merely your opinion, not fact.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
i belive our moon might be artificial and was placed it the earths orbit by someone, a long long time ago....sure i cant prove squat unless someone lets me go there and look around

Not saying it was aliens, mightve been our ancestors....perhaps they parked it there so it would drag the asteroids on a collision course with earth to it, something like a guardian body. It worked pretty well too

Perhaps the moon is in fact the "dreaded" Nibiru, that never left our system?

The best proof besides the psysical anomalies mentioned before is the fact that no one went there for decades now. Is it really not that interesting? I find that a bit hard to belive...

so many questions, so few answers....

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Darwin repenting on his deathbed is a creationist myth.

no actually thats what his wife said. she made up that rumor

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join