It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia announces preventive strike on North Korea's nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
"Everything possible must be done to prevent this test", Chief of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces Yury Baluyevsky said at a meeting with Chief of Staff of the Japanese Self-Defense Force Hajime Massaki.

en.rian.ru...

Mother Russia proved systematically, since August 1999, that it keeps her word.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
intersting, now why would russia strike NK's nukes? Russia suppost to be NK's friend? well kind of...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Matt -- WTF? The article you link to does not contain a single reference to use of force by Russia against NK. Wrong link? I don't believe a Russian General would say that.

Also, I wouldn't trust a Russian politician as you imply you would.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have to agree with Aelita.
It is a very long leap from

"We shall check this information jointly with my Japanese colleague," Baluyevsky said in view of the reports of the foreign press about the possibility of nuclear tests in the DPRK this year.

To the Russians planning on a preemptive strike.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The keyword is MUST. Search for what Putin or the Russian Military Chief of Staff stated since 2001 as a MUST.
You can check they they never broke their word so far.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott
The keyword is MUST. Search for what Putin or the Russian Military Chief of Staff stated since 2001 as a MUST.
You can check they they never broke their word so far.

I saw Putin on TV a couple of days ago and almost puked. He can dish out absolutely laughable stuff, like "we MUST double the GDP within the next 6 years". Or his spiel about open borders with EU -- who's going to believe that, much less undertake?

I was born in the USSR, and take it from me -- don't trust the Putin gang. As an aside, I didn't find anything about preemptive strike in the article regardless of that.

Sorry man, but that's a fairly misleading topic.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
My interpretation of the article is that Russia would not be happy if NK conducted a nuclear weapons test.

No where in the article was any strike mentioned or even implied.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
My interpretation of the article is that Russia would not be happy if NK conducted a nuclear weapons test.

No where in the article was any strike mentioned or even implied.

agreed, the Russians are just trying to show they are concerned with the rest of the world of North Korea's intention on nuclear weapons. it looks like they are willing to back U.S. and other countries on wat measures against North Korea. even if Russia is North Korea's few allies.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
I saw Putin on TV a couple of days ago ... "we MUST double the GDP within the next 6 years"...

First of all, do you have a link from an official russian news agency (Novosti, Interfax)?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
MM
The article was titled Russia has no Data about NK nuclear test, and your post was titled Russia announces preventive strike on North Korea's nukes.

There's an error here, and I'm pretty sure everybody but you sees that.

Russia very well could attempt a preemptive strike on NK. For that matter, Santa Claus could use the power of Christmas Spirit to end the conflict. Anything is possible, but I like to see proof before I assign measures of plausibility, and an article that provides no proof, being hailed as an article that does provide proof..well, that sets my spidey BS sense tingling...

So what's the deal? They announced no pre-emptive strike, they did not declare war, they made no mention of a military option, the only comment was that everything should be done to stop nuke testing, and that they were very certain their colleagues in Japan felt likewise.

So did you just twist it? Is there some unspoken message here?

I guess time will tell..but in the meantime..I think...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
There's an error here, and I'm pretty sure everybody but you sees that.
They announced no pre-emptive strike,

Is there some unspoken message here?

I guess time will tell..

1. As I mentioned, TIME DID TELL that Putin's Russia NEVER broke the word.

2. Check again what MUST means.

3. Interesting how people refer to logic conclusions as "unspoken messages".

If North Korea will test nukes then Putin's Russia will have broken her word for the first time.
Because logic tells you that it will be NOT the countries that offered them their light water reactors that will prevent them to test them:
www.google.com...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott

Originally posted by Aelita
I saw Putin on TV a couple of days ago ... "we MUST double the GDP within the next 6 years"...

First of all, do you have a link from an official russian news agency (Novosti, Interfax)?

There is a link in Russian that has this exerpt. Putin has been drumming up this theme for a while. Russia MUST double the national product by 2010
It's so ridiculous I can't tell you how ridiculous it is. There is a similar link on the BBC site.

top topics

join