It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Confess To 9/11 Attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 09:15 PM
link   
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (CNN) --The Arabic television news network Al-Jazeera said Thursday it has taped confessions of two al Qaeda members claiming responsibility for the September 11 attacks on behalf of Osama bin Laden's terror group.

Al-Jazeera said the men, both of whom are wanted by the U.S. government, spell out how they planned and executed the attacks. It said it would play their statements next week as part of a documentary it is airing.

"In the second part of this documentary, there will be the first direct confession as to how al Qaeda planned and executed September 11," Al-Jazeera journalist Yosri Fouda said in the first part of the documentary, which began airing Thursday.

One of the al Qaeda members on the tape was said to be Ramzi Binalshibh, a Yemeni national who belonged to the al Qaeda cell in Hamburg, Germany, that played a major role in planning the attacks. Lead hijacker Mohamed Atta was a member of that same cell.

U.S. authorities have said they believe Binalshibh was to be on one of the hijacked planes but could not obtain a U.S. visa to enter the country. Authorities say he eventually made his way to Pakistan and from there entered Afghanistan.

The other terrorist on the Al-Jazeera tape was identified as Khalid Shaikh Mohammad, a Kuwaiti who is on the United States "most wanted" terrorist list. Mohammad is believed to have been one of the primary planners behind the September 11 attacks, authorities have said.

Mohammad is the uncle of Ramzi Yousef, the convicted mastermind behind the 1993 World Trade Center bombing who is now serving time in a U.S. prison.

Mohammad was indicted in 1996 for plotting to bomb U.S. airliners flying from southeast Asia to the United States.

Al-Jazeera said the interviews with the two men were conducted in Karachi, Pakistan. Sources familiar with the interviews told CNN that both men were interviewed this summer.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I wonder how many people are still going to say al-queda are just scape goats.Guess the tapes of al-queda wern't propaganda,as so many people thought.

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Also, its being released by an Arabic news outlet, so that should make it more legitimate in the eyes of the scape goat theorists. (Like thats going to happen!)

[Edited on 9-6-2002 by William One Sac]

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 11:34 PM
link   
They will always try and find something to hold onto no matter how slim.I read an article where someone thought the planes were remote controled and all the passengers from all four planes were put on flight 93,and shot down so there would be no witnesses.

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I subscribe to quite a few popular conspiracy theories, however I must agree here. America has enemies, and at the top of the list is Al-Qaeda.

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Theres quite a bit of competition for that spot as well...

posted on Sep, 10 2002 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
I wonder how many people are still going to say al-queda are just scape goats.Guess the tapes of al-queda wern't propaganda,as so many people thought.

Well Al-Qaeda has claimed responsibility. And if they didn't do it wouldn't they have said something by now.

posted on Sep, 10 2002 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Can we skeptics hop up and down now and say "I *TOLD* you so!"???

posted on Sep, 10 2002 @ 04:31 PM
link   
coughPROPAGANDAcough
nuff said

posted on Sep, 10 2002 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Man al-queda get's no respect.They come forward repeatedly,and people still don't belive them.Guess their just going to have to do it again to make believers out of everybody.

new topics

top topics

join