It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future warrior 2025

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
As part of the future warrior 2025 program at a U.S. Army research center at Massachusetts, reasearchers are developing uniforms that will transmit visual information about colour and light through the fibres.
The 21st century suit will incorporate communications hardware, monitor the wearers phsical condition, tell commanders the location of every soldier on the battlefield, be able to sense light from the enviroment and adjust camoflauge accordingly, and protect against ballistics, radiation, chemical and biological agents. They can go invisible!!

Link:Future Warrior 2025

This looks really cool. Although if terrorists got this kind of technology they could get into US bases using the stealth technology.

At
mix

[edit on 23/5/05 by Atomix]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
its an impressive technology and somthing that the U.S. military should invest in, since they invest more on fighter planes and ships instead of infantry. and we see in Iraq that they should invest in more on the grunts.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yes the U.S does have a hell of a lot of advanced ships and planes like the blackbird. Aren't they going to replace infantry with robots sometime? There is another machine in development. It scans your body with lasers and then creates a suit out of fibres straight away, for quick use on the battlefield.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
man thats so awesome, but I think the US will develop some machine that can detect suits like that so I don't think will have to worry about terrorists sneaking in to bases undetected using that technolgy.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell
man thats so awesome, but I think the US will develop some machine that can detect suits like that so I don't think will have to worry about terrorists sneaking in to bases undetected using that technolgy.

also its too expensive to make a suit that only advanced nations can make and aniways terrorists cant get suits that are hard to get. it be like gettin plutonium. terrorists can get aks or rpgs but not cameo suits.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

also its too expensive to make a suit that only advanced nations can make and aniways terrorists cant get suits that are hard to get. it be like gettin plutonium. terrorists can get aks or rpgs but not cameo suits.

Remember they may not have to make it, the blackmarket has a hell of a lot of stuff you wouldn't expect. And I think Atomix's point is eventually this kinda tech will be your everyday stuff I mean just look at all the nations that have nukes know.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell

Remember they may not have to make it, the blackmarket has a hell of a lot of stuff you wouldn't expect. And I think Atomix's point is eventually this kinda tech will be your everyday stuff I mean just look at all the nations that have nukes know.

true it could be on the black market, but remember nukes are still hard to get. if nukes are easy to get as getting ak 47 machine guns. u be seeing nuclear mushrooms all around the world by now of couple of years ago. its just hard to get but not impossible to get is wat i meant.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Throwing out a few links here for anyone who's interested in this subject.

web.mit.edu...
www.natick.army.mil...

The video
web.mit.edu...

I was wondering when someone was going to post about this. It is very impressive. A suit that can help you during the course of a biological attack by making a antidote right then and there. To anyone reading, watch the video of it. Will sci-fi wonder never cease

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

its just hard to get but not impossible to get is wat i meant.

yeah I understand what ya mean, but I think its still wonder that we don't see tons of nuclear explosions I mean with the rogue nations developing them and all. I think some of it just has to do with gods protection .

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hey interesting article guys....Just had a quick read...It seems like war may take on a new front with all the advancements however we have to be careful, with this kind of weaponary come new threats.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Here's another cool picture I got from National Geographic. If anyone has the January 2003 copy, there is a cool article in there on this technology!

[edit on 23/5/05 by Atomix]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
to that picture! I'm not sure how new this technology is, but I saw a documentary about military tanks that could cloak themselves and when they were performing a training exercise, the tank was approaching a house and it almost looked like when you look at a highway on a hot day wavy and almost like the picture above. I've always wondered if anyone else saw it?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eden
to that picture! I'm not sure how new this technology is, but I saw a documentary about military tanks that could cloak themselves and when they were performing a training exercise, the tank was approaching a house and it almost looked like when you look at a highway on a hot day wavy and almost like the picture above. I've always wondered if anyone else saw it?

Something like this?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Atomix, that cloak F-22 looks like it's been photo shoped. i did a picture one once of a stargate SG-1 supersoldier.

but i could be wrong, the US military is always up to something weird we would not expect them to make lol.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
Atomix, that cloak F-22 looks like it's been photo shoped. i did a picture one once of a stargate SG-1 supersoldier.

but i could be wrong, the US military is always up to something weird we would not expect them to make lol.

I'm not sure if its photoshoped or not but its a good example of cloaking technology, don't you think?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eden

I'm pretty sure I know which documentary you are talking about, it was about the future incarnations of developing military tech and what it would be possible to do in the not too distant future if the tech pans out, but it was all computer effects, there wasn't any actual cloaking going on.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
I'm not sure if its photoshoped or not but its a good example of cloaking technology, don't you think?

yea lol, that would be nice if we do have a F/A-22 have cloaking ability. maybe we should put one on our tanks hehe. the enmey would be like only crap where are all those heavy armor come from lol

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

...it was all computer effects, there wasn't any actual cloaking going on.

Thanks. I remember that the program was on a few years ago.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The soldiers will also have a computer on their back so they can talk to their fellow soldiers online. Although if there in the middle of a firefight theyd probably all be playing online games instead of shooting.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
The soldiers will also have a computer on their back so they can talk to their fellow soldiers online. Although if there in the middle of a firefight theyd probably all be playing online games instead of shooting.

lol, thats why the US army is looking for young teenage video gamers hehe, for their FCS in the future, you are like playing a game in the FCS systems lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join