It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what in the world was this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo_stealer_101

Originally posted by justdj
sounds to me like it might have been a bat. the 'feedback' sound you heard might been its sonar.

how was it positioned in the tree? was it very high off the ground? how far away was it approx? are you sure there was only the one sound? could it have been more?
uhhh dood... bats sonar is silent to the human ear. sorry.

I've heard bats making a squeeking noice (not it's sonar), but it is rather quiet, you definitly wouldn't be able to here it inside your houde.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
LMAO dude I think you're dealing with a Mothman. Have you ever heard of the Mothman? You should really check him out. The red eyes staring back at you and the high pitched screaming are good signs that it was a mothman. I'd add a link for you to go check some info out but I'm too lazy so just google 'myths on the mothman' it should bring some links back to you. Hope that helped in your problem on trying to find out what you saw and heard.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ive got some explanations:

1. Its eyes were bleeding
2. Youre eyes were bleeding
3. There may have been a flash like red-eye on cameras
3.You were drunk

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
have you ever watched animal x?
well what you gave fits the discription of the MOTH MAN!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
hey ufo, i was camping in wisconsin a few years back when i herd the same thing freaked the hell out of me but did some lookin on the web and found out it was a, ready for this, a barn owl they are all over n. america they have a few sites that have audio clips.
hope that was what you herd at least, if not lock your doors and hide under the bed

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
most likely a soon to be dead rabbit...
they scream like a banshee and sound otherworldy when they are being snagged and eaten... probably by a coyote or other canine breed...
any night creatures eyes will shine red when you point a flashlight at them or if they catch any local light

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You said it was looking at you? Also in a tree?

Did you notice the outline and/or size of this thing?

While mothman sounds cooler, it may or may not be. We need as many details as possible, to help figure out what it really is, mothman, mountain lion, or whatever.

Troy

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Owl, or Racoon, Racoon's eat rabbits, rabbits make the most shrill noise, it's freaked me out several times untill I discovered I had coons and found a dead rabbit. -used to run out in to my yard with a bat in my boxers ready to kick some ET rear- Regardless, if it keeps happening get some coon traps..

Er they don't eat rabbits, but they do fight, and racoons can kill rabbits -_-

[edit on 6/2/2005 by Anicrow]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yeah. This is basically no help but peacocks and peahens make buttloads of wierd noises. Peacocks, I'm pretty sure, don't really fly into trees but peahens do. Also, wasn't the whole mothman thing a bit localized and happened a while ago? (It's been a while since I brushed up on my creature sightings)

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
probally an owl, do they have red eyes ever? i dunno but i saw a movie once where an owl was screaming like u described and then some guy runs out with a shot gun and starts shooting.... also the person with the red eyes was probally albino, they have red eyes i think.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I've had this screaming happen to me on several occasions.
All occasions involved female cougers-or in my area we call them panthers--East Texas
They will scream just as a woman does when scared-or worse.
At one occasion one circled the tree I was sitting at many times during the night, and would not let me move from it until early in the morning.
Red eyes are the norm.
They are not actually THAT dangerous.
They are quite shy---not like the African sort, that I've also had pleasure to speak with on occasion over a difference of opinion of where I should be walking and where it should be walking. A .450 Nitro E. handles the argument quite well, if you don't want to end up being hamburger left out to dry in a warm climate.

That said, if it was a cat-then it will be gone quickly---they range very far and can be in another county before you know it---they NEVER stay in one place.
It could be in another state by now.
Really.

Just some thoughts.
D

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanTodd
probally an owl, do they have red eyes ever? i dunno but i saw a movie once where an owl was screaming like u described and then some guy runs out with a shot gun and starts shooting.... also the person with the red eyes was probally albino, they have red eyes i think.

Some owls have redish eyes:

www.focusgallery.nl...

Isn't he cute?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Man, now I want an owl, I still say it was racoon and rabbit..

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
it would probally be a big cat in heat avoiding male cats lol

but i would consider this strange why would you go out i'd be to scared to go out unless i had a gun in my hand

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well as soon as you said high pitched screaming I thought Jersey Devil because thats its big trade mark. But when you said you live in New Mexico I thought Chupacabra because it lives around there (or so I've been lead to believe) I also considered Mothman because of the eyes. I think we could be dealing with any of those three.
I have 2 questions, 1 did the creature seem to be big?, and 2 did the creature fly away or jump out of the tree and run away?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join