It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: US Army Recruiter Charged With Raping Applicant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I meant in a broader context, as a solemn duty to protect the US

Yes...you nailed it.

Sorry I jacked up your meaning

-sporty-

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012If you actually have a tape recording of this, I strongly suggest that you not only take it to his commander but also to your local police department as it would be a terroristic threat.

Indeed, it'd be nearly criminally negligent to not bring it up, obviously thats not an isolated sort of incident.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Man, this stuff gets more ridiculous every day, doesn't it?

Almost seems like a stepping up..a sort of gradual increase in the rate and severity of incidents that make the people in control of this country look worse.

Politicians, military, police - they're getting hammered in the press, but in such a way as to appear that the press is pulling punches...

Makes me think that someone is trying to collapse our country, using the media, and blame something other than the media for said collapse. Don't know, just a feeling...

Anyway, this is a horrible story, predictably so, and I hope the guy is actually guilty of the crime for which he was accused. It really bothers me when women cry rape just to get even, or get back at a guy. I had a girl threaten to say I had raped her because I wouldn't cheat on my girlfriend.
It's just like molestation, we're so eager to punish these horrible crimes, sometimes innocent people get falsely accused and there's no voice of reason to compell restraint during the trial.

I just hope the law conducts itself properly and collects enough evidence to make a case on something other than our natural hatred of rapists.

Thing is, it's easy to call a person a child molester, or a rapist, or a terrorist, and get a lynch mob together. The facts are mostly ignored because of the emotional subject. It's a painful thing to see, when you cherish justice.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think the number of cases like this have not gone up invlolving cops and military....

I think the media is paying more attantion to it...especially due to the current situation

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Damn, just forget i said anything.:shk: it was not my intention to make anyone look bad and yes we generally stay away from recruiters as their situation with recruiting is growing desperate.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Too bad we're supposed to hold military to this "higher standard" but we cannot to be expected to hold prominent Democrat elected officials to a similar high standard?

Military only enacts policy that is established by officials. The arm of the body. Shame we can't be expected to hold senators and presidents (current and former) to these standards you speak of.

This is not a standards issue. The difference between standards is in determining what is a crime and what is not. Media coverage has nothing to do with maintaing or enforcing standards. Especially when the perp was already arrested.

Also, this "right to kill" you speak of? Only in very specific circumstances, and only when authorized by elected officials. Even then, second guessed by your friends in the Media and makes soldiers liable for disgrace, punishment and harassment whenever exercising this nebulous "right" even when in a combat zone.

But, i should take my "anti-liberal" stuff elsewhere...after all, wouldn't want anything besides "pro-liberal" stuff to be "tolerated" here. Gotta get on the anti-Bush, pro Islam love fest.

Originally posted by Aelita

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet
Why is this different from hundreds of rapes and sexual assaults happening even right now?

Because it's got the US military in it. Because it can be spun for local and worldwide political advantage.

Hey listen, everybody and anybody can be expected to hold our Army members to a higher standard than laypeople. They are vested with the authority to dish out deadly force when it is in the interests of the United States. This right to kill is a priviledge given to those who can hold a higher moral ground. Soldiers who neglect their dury or otherwise betray the trust vested in them by the society should answer to the fullest extent, and I don't see anything wrong with media coverage either.

Sorry dude, take you anti-liberal stance elsewhere.

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Aelita]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Phuge...

Get off the political horse. Stop with the partisan crap in completely unrelated threads. Just stop.

It is tiresome to read, and it dillutes the quality of all of ATS. Just stop.

There's no connection to liberalism or conservatism in this story, none. Just stop. Please.

I do think these events are happening more, every generation gets more violent and less reasonable, less patient, less amiable - that's my sense anyway.

It makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint, because we evolved violence, and so it makes sense that we would continue to refine that trait and express it more as time goes on.

It doesn't bode well for humanity, because it appears we're headed down a one way, dead end street when it comes to evolution. Sure, we have our minds, and our compassion, and our humor and our family fealty..but is it enough to keep us from 'The Dark Side?'

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet
Too bad we're supposed to hold military to this "higher standard" but we cannot to be expected to hold prominent Democrat elected officials to a similar high standard?

Yes we can. I think that Clinton should have resigned over his lies. By the way if I was to follow your logic, the media inflated the Lewinsky scandal beyond any proportion. Stuff like this happens every day, right?

Military only enacts policy that is established by officials. The arm of the body. Shame we can't be expected to hold senators and presidents (current and former) to these standards you speak of.

Again, I agree with you. The upper echelons of power in Washington right now, it would seem, cannot be held to any standards.

This is not a standards issue. The difference between standards is in determining what is a crime and what is not. Media coverage has nothing to do with maintaing or enforcing standards.

Sure it has. See the above on Clinton. Media reports what is peculiar, and peculiar in this case is not living up to the standards (again, because the majority does live up to the standards).

But, i should take my "anti-liberal" stuff elsewhere...after all, wouldn't want anything besides "pro-liberal" stuff to be "tolerated" here. Gotta get on the anti-Bush, pro Islam love fest.

What the heck are you talking about. I just say that you suspect some kind of anti-US conspiracy in the media, with liberals involved in it. Am I correct?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join