posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:48 AM
Intoduction of larger barbata male to enclosure housing smaller pair.
1. Both males see each other and begin head bobbing and displaying.
2. Larger male puffs up goes black and climbs toward the smaller pair
3. small males puffs up and displays and heads down to see off the intruder
4. now on the same level, the larger male displays agressivly
5. from the safety of a plant the smaller male tries a bluff
6 first contact. both males taste each other and check out their opponant
7. both suddenly break and race for the gal
8. more headboobbing and physical contact, a wrestle and the bigger intruder wins
9 the victor checks out the female
10 the smaller male is temporarily defeated
The larger male was only given 5 minutes in this enclosure just to observe natural behaviour,
he was removed before either harmed each other. Intresting to watch!
The small male has his gal back and is a happy chappy once more!