It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Govt Mountain Lion Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Heres a new one. I was doing some mountain lion research and came across this Washington Post article. Now the article is about how mountain lions are being pushed further east. About half way through the article the reporter mentions how the townspeople think that that government is flying in more mountain lions aboard black helicopters. This is supposed to be so the government can end the deer hunting season earlier. This is new to me. I dont hunt. I have no idea why the government would want more mountain lions.

www.washingtonpost.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
"We are unable to locate the page you requested.
The page may have moved or may no longer be available"
Do you have another link?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
No deers no justification for guns maybe? woudlnt surprise me if someone tried to pull something that stupid lol...

Or maybe they want the woods in those areas to be clear so they can build some secret base!!!

[edit on 23-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I saw your post and asked myself , why would they introduce mountain lions into the wild. I believe that they are using it for animal control. You see once we had mountain lions and wolfs take care of the deer population , since we had famers who had sheep and cattle , the mountain lions and wolfs took them for there prey. Once we killed off most of the mountain lions and wolfs , the deer population exploded. I beleive in my mind that the introduction of animal control is a good checks and balances of deer population , for I live in the greater NY/NJ/Penn. area where lost of deer ticks infested with lyme disese and would love for the population to be controlled naturaly.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well mountain lions would be perfect to guard the woods surrounding military bases. I dont care how good a hunter you are. Going into cougar infested forests alone is suicide. Hmmm...Lets see if they suddenly show up around Ft.Belvoir in the next couple years. There are tens of thousands of deer here. If they make it here their population could explode into the thousands. Northern Va would just be an all you can eat buffet for them.

It would sure as hell keep people out of the woods. Every couple of years here a cougar will turn up in somebodys back yard already. These beasts have even swum across the Mississippi river to search out more territory. Its just a matter of time. With the governments help there will be thousands more overnight.

Heres another possibility. The Romans used to feed Christians to the lions. For all you "Bush is the Devil" folks this could be just the administrations attempt to appease Satan by having the cougars terrorize and feed upon the largely Christian population. And yes a cougar can and will eat a person.

And heres my thought. Its a continuing experiment in genetic modification. The lions the government flies in aboard their flat black Blackhawks are "super" mountain lions. With engineered new abilities they will clear potential military land of any curiosity seekers and protect the bases once their built. We are doing this huge realignment of bases and building new ones. I for one will welcome our cougar overlords. Thank you...

Odd

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
My uncle, who lives in central New York with his wife and three children, found the badly mangled carcass of a deer in his back yard, near the edge of a fairly large forest. The deer's hindquarters had been ripped completely off.

Later that week, his son came running in the house, yelling for his father; he said he'd seen a big black cat out in the woods. My uncle did not see the thing that day, but not long afterward, he saw what he says was a panther.

He called the area's conservation department, but they refused to comment on the presence or absence of panthers in the area. However, a bit of research eventually divulged a number of similar stories in the area; the general consensus is that "the government" has shipped in a number of panthers (or something similar) to keep the local coyote population (which has always been very large) in check.

This is an absolutely outrageous idea. Two of my cousins are under the age of six, and would be easy prey to one of those things... where the hell is the accountability here?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

This is an absolutely outrageous idea. Two of my cousins are under the age of six, and would be easy prey to one of those things... where the hell is the accountability here?

It's funny how much humans don't appreciate it when they're bumped down a notch on the good old food chain! I think we should introduce more panthers into the wild so that we can put a fix on the out of control human population! There are WAY TOO MANY humans living on this Earth. We either need more panthers, a major world war, an alien invasion, or an asteroid to solve this problem. If they take me, then so be it. At least I will have contributed to society!

new topics

top topics

join