It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holgram Paradigm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:09 AM
Firstly, I just want to say that i am not a scientist, and am not relatively scientific minded, but I have alot of interest in humankind, how the universe works and peoples belief systems.

I came across a post in another forum regarding the Hologram Paradigm. I found it slightly far out, but highly interesting.

For those scientists out there that have heard/studied in this, I would be very interested in your thoughts about its validity or possibility, because it does seem like it could completely change the way we view how the universe is made up.

here is the link to the article regarding the post that I saw. it may have been bought up here before, and if sorry I apologise.

its a bit of a lenthy read, but I would love to hear what you all think about its validity.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:41 AM
A great book to read regarding the hologram theory is: The Holographic Universe by Milchael Talbot.
Here is some info about it: IN/0060922583/qid=1116830773/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-7651671-4567852

This book just totally spun me out. It just makes you believe in the hologram theory with all the case studies it provides. A one line summary would be - "Every part is the whole" meaning every thing/particle is viewed as a hologram.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:49 AM
wow... that was really interesting, Disaster Boy, thanks for posting it.

I've read about Dr. Aspect's work in the past, but never in enough detail that I really considered the implications (outside of a few ideas about how telecommunications technology will probably work some time in the future). This was a really elucidating piece of work; I'm going to have to sit down and think about it for a while.

Croatianguy, I'll definitely check that book out; I've heard of it before, but this is the first I've ever read about the underlying theories... this is some pretty trippy stuff.

Stuff like this is why I visit ATS... politics are for chumps

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:02 AM
Life after death, ESP, Telekinesis, or the "Force" could all be summed up by this theory.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:00 AM

Aspect and his team discovered that under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them. It doesn't matter whether they are 10 feet or 10 billion miles apart.

Can someone please point me to any actual scientific data on this phenomonon

University of London physicist David Bohm, for example, believes Aspect's findings imply that objective reality does not exist, that despite its apparent solidity the universe is at heart a phantasm, a gigantic and splendidly detailed hologram.

I think he took "to much LDS during the sixties"

A hologram teaches us that some things in the universe may not lend themselves to this approach. If we try to take apart something constructed holographically, we will not get the pieces of which it is made, we will only get smaller wholes.

Should make cloning easier...... but interesting. "....Ill call him micro-me"

Interesting theory. (the·o·ry: An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.)

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:17 AM

Originally posted by The Block

Aspect and his team discovered that under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them. It doesn't matter whether they are 10 feet or 10 billion miles apart.

Can someone please point me to any actual scientific data on this phenomonon

Its called quantum entanglement and info on it can be found on any good physics site, google is your friend

Quantum entanglement is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which the quantum states of two or more objects have to be described with reference to each other, even though the individual objects may be spatially separated. This leads to correlations between observable physical properties of the systems. For example, it is possible to prepare two particles in a single quantum state such that when one is observed to be spin-up, the other one will always be observed to be spin-down and vice versa, this despite the fact that it is impossible to predict, according to quantum mechanics, which set of measurements will be observed. As a result, measurements performed on one system seem to be instantaneously influencing other systems entangled with it. However, classical information cannot be transmitted through entanglement faster than the speed of light.

Quantum entanglement is the basis for emerging technologies such as quantum computing and quantum cryptography, and has been used for experiments in quantum teleportation. At the same time, it produces some of the more theoretically and philosophically disturbing aspects of the theory, as one can show that the correlations predicted by quantum mechanics are inconsistent with the seemingly obvious principle of local realism, which is that information about the state of a system should only be mediated by interactions in its immediate surroundings. Different views of what is actually occurring in the process of quantum entanglement give rise to different interpretations of quantum mechanics.

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Merkeva]

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Merkeva]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:19 PM
It is such an interesting topic I couldn't let it go by without posting.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys. I will have a look a bit further into this and see if I can find any scientific studies that have been done regarding this. I think it could be extrememly difficult to proove this physically.

it is perfect for ATS

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:34 PM
I just read an intersting piece on a new theory that is gaining alot of support, the 'holographic' imaging of the brain's memory..

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:13 PM
I remember reading "The Holographic Universe" about twenty years ago, and had my mind seriously bent by it!

I read it with a group of friends, after which we agreed, there was but one thing to do: Make brownies! (No, REGULAR brownies!)

I was very suprised to learn that the author also wrote "A Delicate Dependancy", a not-your-typical-Vampire-novel novel; and , according to Whitley Strieber, familiar to our resident UFO-nauts, experienced an alien visitation/possible abduction while a guest at Strieber's Upsteate NY cabin.

Sadly, Mr Talbot passed away a number of years ago, the result of some form of cancer; I forget if it was brain or liver.

Now if you REALLY want to get your mind twisted into Klien bottle shapes read "Time and Classical and Quantum Mechanics: Indeterminacy v s. Discontinuity" by Peter Lynds. It's a bit technical but basically states that linear Time does not exist, except as a convienient construct of the mind.

If time is in motion, if it could truely be said to "flow", it would not be possible to exctract, or to even identify, a single "moment" of time, no matter how brief, since to do so would require a cessasion of the flow of time.

In the Holographic universe everything is one thing, and Time is a single Globule!

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:16 PM
I would be interested to hear from some people with some religious beliefs... Wha are your thoughts on this discovery?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:17 PM
I haven't read the other books mentioned in this thread, although I've been meaning to for some time now.

I would recommend along the lines of "holgraphic universe theories" a book by the provocative Stanislav Grof, called "The Holotropic Mind". 'The Holotropic Mind'

-koji K.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:55 AM

Originally posted by Odd
Stuff like this is why I visit ATS... politics are for chumps

i hear ya bro... couldn't agree more...

Originally posted by Merkeva
Its called quantum entanglement

i believe its also refered to as "non-locality" (i could be wrong about that though)

i have heard of the books, "the holographic universe", and "the holotropic mind", and have been meaning to buy both....but i will definatly check out "Time and Classical and Quantum Mechanics: Indeterminacy v s. Discontinuity"(thanks Bhadhidar

here is another thread discussing this topic

edits for: seriously screwed up the post

[edit on 24-5-2005 by Urn]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:13 PM
So where would this leave such thingsd as Alien races, other galazies/milky ways ect... Are they all just fragments as well?

This is such a mind bender.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:45 PM
Wow, this is a good thoery. I'm going to have to take a look at this...if this was true than there's much more to our universe than we think. We could do many things if this is true...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:30 PM
This is the simplest explination that I have found so far. For those like myself, without much scientifil or technical knowledge:

There is a controversial thought on how the brain works that began with the studies of Karl Pribram, a neurophysiologist at Stanford University. It's that the human brain can be modeled as a hologram. Studies (over 500 referenced data has been published) have shown that memory is not localized in specific parts of the brain but rather spread through-out the brain much as a holographic plate will have the image spread through-out it. This explains why many people can still remember things if a portion of the brain is damaged.

If you cut a hologram in half you will have 2 whole images in each half. Cut out another piece and again you have whole images. It is thought by many that the brain works the same way and that a whole memory is recorded through-out the brain. So in this way we think in 3 dimensions but we are limited in our interpretation of reality.
In the late '60s and early '70s, renowned physicist David Bohm proposed that the workings of the universe were based on a holographic model, simultaneously and independently of Karl Pribram's studies. Did anyone say "synchronicity?"

Bohm's studies indicate that the universe exists in total inter-connectivity (after Bohr). All things effect all things, as in the "Butterfly Effect," where the parable suggests that the flap of a butterfly's wings in China last year could be the source of the storm here today. More than that, it is suggested that the universe exists as solid "information" (Bell's Theorem) and that what happens to a related object (as in a mother and child or 2 pieces of a comet that split a millennium ago) will effect the other object instantaneously. Of course, this idea isn't well received by those that think Einstein's theory is a law (which it's not). It’s not that the information is traveling faster than the speed of light but that the information exists in a dimension beyond our perception.

Science has shown, and the scientific community has accepted that, a subatomic particle (like a positron) will behave as a particle while we observe it, but as a wave at all other times! These particles are called quanta, or a single one, quantum. Quantum Physics.

We often think of atoms as a mass but a neutron (a part of an atom), for instance, has no substance and *no dimension!* If a neutron is split in two, each half will fly out as light. Light. That's all it is. We are made of atoms loosely connected with more space between the atoms than there are atoms. We have mass only because of perception of dimension and gravity. And these atoms are made of nothing but light. (A loose definition, there are so many different quanta in the universe with all such different properties that we can only speculate.)

In this case we could assume that, being made of dimension-less light, that we exist in an inconceivable dimension that our brains can only interpret as 3 dimensional (4 if you include time), or holographical. If we assume that our interpretation of reality is a limited one and what we are made of has no dimension, then we might assume that there are unlimited dimensions ("no dimensions" suggest unlimited possibilities).

With the model of the holographic brain, the holographic universe, and Quantum Physics, we could speculate that all that we hold as real is nothing more than the playful dance of light, light that has no dimension and limitless dimension. Adds a whole new meaning to the words "Let there be light!" No?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:54 PM
I've been interested in the holographic theory from the time I've read that huge article. Another thing to note is that David BOhm and Karl Pribram came to very similar conclusions and theories, independantly of each other and with two very different disciplines of science.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:01 PM
"This world is nothing more than a reflection of the real world we occupy."The holographic universe is true to those that can see into the spiritual realm.And for those that can't it might seem non existant as far as reality goes.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:13 PM
If this is true than the Pineal gland would play a huge role in our perception as it is basicly the center of the brain for perception of electromagnetic fields. In birds, the Pineal gland is what allows them to sense the earth's magnetic field. It also produces Pinoline (sp.?), '___', and some other intersting chemicals which to my understanding, in the presence of monoatomic metals like gold, can act as superconductors in te synapse of the brain. I have a good thread running on that here. Unfortunately there hasn't been a great deal of research into this subject because of the negative connotation of hallucinagens, but the very chemicals like seratonin which are responsible for our consciousness are pyschoactive, which to me is fascinating.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:55 PM
That '___' thread was very interesting twitchy, thanks very much. I have always had an interest regarding psychoactives and the effect they have on our perception of reality. I have never really been a scientifically minded person, so it was a big read, but there is certainly alot to be gained from the connection between plant life and our preception of things.

I am going out to get a copy of Holographic Universe today, and I will update once I have more info. No doubt I will have a few more questions on the topic.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed, and ATS for allowing me to voice my thoughts. It is really great to have so many open minded people in one place that are willing to consider posibility without condemning, no matter how obscure or far out they may seem.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:33 PM
It may seem far-out or theoretical, but really, how impossible can it be? Are we so arrogant as to believe we know everything about the universe? And what is real anyway?
You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
-George Bernard Shaw

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>