It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Episode 3! Unbelievable Box Office Hit! (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well, George Lucas has done it again! Not only have his first two films made it to the top, but it looks like all 3! The newest addition to the Star Wars collection has made over 300 million dollar US worldwide! This has defenately broken records and to be honest, I don't think I have personally seen such records for a movie you can tell as to what will happening due to the fact it is the middle film of the star wars trilogy.

www.supershadow.com
Star Wars Box Office: On Sunday, May 22, Revenge of the Sith earned an estimated $ 33.8 million dollars at theaters in North America. Revenge of the Sith now has a total box-office take of $ 158.5 million dollars for its first weekend of release in North America (the United States and Canada). Early forecasts predict that Revenge of the Sith took in over $ 144.7 million dollars at international theaters. The grand world-wide total for Revenge of the Sith so far is $ 303.2 million dollars. We will update the Revenge of the Sith box-office numbers for you each day.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In my opinion, I really did enjoy this film, but based on the budget they used for advertising this film, it did pretty well, but I didn't think it would do this well! If you have not seen this film, then you are missing out big time. I recommend watching the first two, then this film. Unless your a star wars fanatic like me, go see it NOW! Great job George Lucas!

Related News Links:
imdb.com

[edit on 23-5-2005 by damasta747]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Im a HUGE fan...didnt see it opening night only because I wanted to avoid the lines and crowd...seen it tonight though...and def. a VERY GOOD MOVIE...better the Episodes 1 or 2....by far...Ill be seeing it again soon....

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It was an amazing film indeed. I wish they would remake the 4,5,6 episodes.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yes I agree, this movie was amazing!

Uh, actually they did, in the 1990s. I saw them all in the theaters when they redid them. It was about 9 years ago, I think.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
really? According to lucas info, he didn't.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
that was probably just the digital remasters.

i saw ep 3 today it didnt really appeal to me, i guess i should go watch the other 5 films lol

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This film was great! was defineatly the best out of the new trilogy. And your correct the original star wars were remade in the 90's. made a huge deal out of it but since i was a fan since i first saw them i went and saw each one in the theater.
it sucks this is going to be the last film. I did not go opening night either too many nuts, i went the second
. You know for a film that was rated PG-13 there were a lot of young kids there(i think their parents mostly wanted to see it.)

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Funy how the movie industry was blowing their horn earlyer this week talking about how they lost nearly a million $$ in revenue due to bootlegging and that if this kept going, the movie industry would get in trouble.

Yet every stinking year, there is another overhyped movie comming out in the theatres that steals the crown of top sales and revenue, usualy made in the first week or so.

Don't get me wrong here, I think its a good movie, you goto love seeing Yodo whoop ass like he did, that lil guy is da bomb.
And seeing Vader getting born, now thats something people have been waiting for since the first Star Wars movie.

But still, the movie has been overhyped to say the least.
Just like the 2 Matrix sequels and about every other big blockbuster movie of the last decade.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Except unlike the Matrix Sequels, this movie was great! Go Yoda, it's Your B-Day, Gonna Drink Dagobah Swamp Water Like it's Your B-Day.....

Anyways, they digitalized the movies, added some scenes cut due to no way to do them, and made it look more clear. Also I think they edited the ending of New Hope where Luke Skywalker calls Princess L by her real name and somehow that got in.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Star Wars fan or not...this isn't just a movie, it's cinematic history in the making, and the close of an era for what could arguably be the best movie franchise in movie history.

Lucas or no Lucas, I just hope some of the books eventually make it onto the big screen. The Heir to the Empire series with Thrawn and crew would be awesome to see visualized.....

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by damasta747

that would be pretty cool. imagine what they can do with todays computers.

OMFG THE BATTLE FOR HOTH WOULD BE SO SWEET!

*drools*

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I thought ep 3 was absolutely amazing was better than TPM AOTC ANH and ESB as for ROTJ i'm not sure i think the both equal runnings lol.
I'd love to see shadows of the empire mad into a film but alas the main character are too old so i'll never see Prince Xizor on the big screen maybe another cartton series lol.
Waiting for the live action tv series that lucas is making for star wars hope he puts boba fett in some of them and focuses around the sith in some of them as well

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I still think they have quite a bit of money to make. Around my area, shows are constantly still selling out on weekdays.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
520 Million dollers worldwide as of today. I wont be surprized if it hits 1 billion dollars within the next 3 weeks.

I saw the movie myself and I must say it was better then episode I and II but not by much. Just my humble opinion.

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES
Domestic: $271,193,000 52.1%
+ Overseas: $248,900,000 47.9%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Worldwide: $520,093,000

[edit on 30-5-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Wow, wasn't Titannic the most money EVER made by a movie and it only made 600,000,000, so this is probably beating it by alot.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
That was an awsome movie! Ive already seen it 3 times and I am gonna go see it again hopefully very soon!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
Wow, wasn't Titannic the most money EVER made by a movie and it only made 600,000,000, so this is probably beating it by alot.

No... you're confused. Titanic made 600 mil Domesticly but 1,845 mil worldwide. So "Sith" will probably not beat it, but I think it might break 1,000 mil over its theater lifetime.

DOMESTIC : Titanic $600,788,188
R-RATING : The Passion of the Christ $370,274,604
MOVIES THAT NEVER HIT #1 : My Big Fat Greek Wedding $241,438,208
IMAX : Everest $87,178,599
ADJUSTED FOR INFLATION : Gone with the Wind $1,293,085,600
WORLDWIDE : Titanic $1,845,034,000

[edit on 31-5-2005 by beyondSciFi]

top topics

join