It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Venezuela Going Nuclear??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
Since winning Venezuela’s 1998 presidential election, Chavez has been taking his country ever leftward toward dictatorship. He has rewritten the constitution and assumed more and more powers.

I'm really questioning with some of you with how much you truly know of Chavez's background, what kind of person he is and so on. The man is already a dictator in his own country, having way too much powers already on the account of popularity from the poor.

Wow, that sounds so familiar.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
MyThatIsABigProbe,

Damn you sir.

Damn you and your funky avatar for beating me to that comment.

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Its funny how every country in the world is too stupid to see the "Big Picture" thats so obvious to you the_Oleneo. I mean you'd think that you'd need brains to run a country but obviously not because they're all too dumb to see the "Big Picture".

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
Its funny how every country in the world is too stupid to see the "Big Picture" thats so obvious to you the_Oleneo. I mean you'd think that you'd need brains to run a country but obviously not because they're all too dumb to see the "Big Picture".

Sad, huh?
I just wish some people just needed to take few steps back and look at the whole instead of focusing on something too narrowing.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Is it just me or are they talking about nuclear and solar power (in the CNN article)? Where does it say anything about weapons?

A good reason to invade Venezuela:

At some point, they may decide to abandon the US dollar in favour of euros. Russian premier Vladimir Putin and Venezuela’s president Hugo Chavez have both publicly announced that they may begin to price oil in euros in the near future

www.howestreet.com...

And just for good measure:

October 31 (2000)
The United Nations Sanctions Committee approves an Iraqi request to be paid in Euros, rather than United States dollars, for oil exported under the "oil for food" program, which is part of the sanctions regime stemming from Iraq's 1990 invasion of Kuwait.

www.eia.doe.gov...

Also:

Iran, the world's No. 5 exporter, is openly considering a move to the euro

www.rusnet.nl...

Anyone see a pattern emerging?

Now can anyone think of a good reason why the US would want to attack Iraq, Venezuela (!?) and Iran?

Oh yeah, that's right, they all want WMD. I forgot.......

[edit on 25-5-2005 by Chris McGee]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
Is it just me or are they talking about nuclear and solar power (in the CNN article)? Where does it say anything about weapons?

They talked in the language of subtleness and vagueness. No politician or world leader anywhere in the world would come out to a world leader saying, "I would like few nuclear weapons if you can provide? I have cash," in public.

By your logic, a US invasion of Venezuela would justify the removal of Chavez because of some oil-for-euro deals with other countries. Right.
If you would prefers a removal of Bush from office, then in that case I prefers a removal of Chavez from office as well.

Venezuela is trying to kill its number 1 customer. Nice going, Chavez.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
Venezuela is trying to kill its number 1 customer. Nice going, Chavez.

customer ? you surely mean violent craving addict.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Moretti]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Dear all,

Is there any further updates on this story?

Cheers

BHR

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I posted this article way back in early 05 so here it is again www.vialls.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join