It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights Templar history help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hey guys.....................

Need some help finding some decent books dealing with the Knights Templar, especially their history.

If anyone can help with titles ( and authors ) I would really appreciate it !!

Many thanks..............

Mindwalker.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindwalker
Need some help finding some decent books dealing with the Knights Templar, especially their history.

I'm not sure of many off the top of my head, but check :

www.templarhistory.com...

They have GREAT books for sale, as well as reviews and such. Good luck.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Dungeon, Fire, and Sword: The Knights Templar in the Crusades by John Robinson.

Great Book.

The site Sebatwerk posted is an excellent resource as well.

[edit on 5/22/05 by The Axeman]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A couple of favorites from my library...

The Knights Templar by Stephen Howarth (New York 1982)

The Piebald Standard: A Biography of the Knights Templar, by Edith Simon (Boston) 1959 (this one's a bit hard to find these days, but worth it)

and Axeman's already mentioned "Dungeon, Fire and Sword: The Knights Templar and the Crusades" by John J Robinson.

Regards,

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindwalker
Hey guys.....................

If anyone can help with titles ( and authors ) I would really appreciate it !!

Many thanks..............

Mindwalker.

And check out the book by David Icke "The Biggest Secret" then after that another book by him "And the Truth Shall Set You Free"
All his books are available at any major bookstore (Barnes & Noble, whatever). You can read them for free at the bookstore (they encourage this!). Or you can buy them and read em whenever you want to.

The Templars (litterally means "Knights of the Temple") have a long history with the Knights of Saint John. All of it surrounds King Solomons Temple, Jeruselem, the Ark, and ancient esoteric secrets in Egypt that go back thousands of years.

After you check out those 2 books by David Icke, then check out the 2 newest books by Laurence Gardner. Also at any major bookstore. He goes into whats sooo important about the ancient esoteric knowlege.... that the Templars and Knights of St. John were trying to "guard" aka keep secret, keep from the public.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The Templars: The Dramatic History of the Knights Templar, the Most Powerful Military Order of the Crusades by Piers Paul Read.

An excellent book, well referenced and well written. Also it has the advantage of not getting bogged down in any conspiracy stuff (which is a real breath of fresh air), it also discusses in detail their establishment of using a forerunner to the modern cheque so that you can withdraw money from any other Templar house (an idea they introduced to europe from the East).

All in all, a great fact filled book.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I haven't had a chance to read it yet but Holy Blood, Holy Grail by Michael Baigent, Henry Lincoln, and Richard Leigh is suppose to be a good book about the Templars. I think it may go into the conspiracy stuff more then the actual history of the Order though.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
check the bibliography of HBHG, they list several historical writings by authors
like Runcimen, Barber, and others.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DB Cooper
I haven't had a chance to read it yet but Holy Blood, Holy Grail by Michael Baigent, Henry Lincoln, and Richard Leigh is suppose to be a good book about the Templars. I think it may go into the conspiracy stuff more then the actual history of the Order though.

D.B. Cooper! Good to see you on ATS.

You should be careful though...I've heard that there are some people looking for you!

new topics

top topics

join